Mirror Shield

Mirror Shield

A Story by Noah
"

This is a short story I did a while back for the game The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask. This is just a small theory of mine about the Mirror Shield that you acquire in the game.

"

 I don't own any of the characters. Nintendo does.




“To die without leaving a corpse…” A harsh voice called out from the darkness, slowly walking into the shadows. “Isn’t that your creed?”

 

The question was directed to a small figure, hunched over, and only supported by the chains pulling both of his arms outward on either side connecting to the wall. He rested on his knees, breathing heavy as he looked down at the floor. It was hard to gage his emotion as a dark hood was covering his entire body, leaving only his arms bare. He only sat in silence as the former man awaited his response.

 

“Hah…Igos, is that you?” The hooded man asked through labored breath. “I said I’d never bow before an Ikanan so don’t misinterpret my action…” If he had something else to say, he was quickly silenced by a sharp blow to the head from one of the two guards on either side of the man on the floor.

 

“Had enough?” the hooded man said, turning in the direction of his attacker. The guard only growled in response.

 

“Bound, near death and still ready for a fight. I wouldn’t expect anything less from you Garo.” The man looked up, two bright eyes looked back through an otherwise dark hood. Igos couldn’t see a single facial feature. The hood was almost empty; like a haunting abyss. Igos only grinned back in response, wondering what his opponent’s facial feature was.                       

 

“We found the rest of your squadron Captain. I saw right through your illusion. We found you and the entire piece came crashing down. It’s over for them. You lead them to their deaths captain. They died slowly but their fate is one that you’ll envy for the rest of your pitiful existence. “ Igos said menacingly.

 

“Heh, do you really think I believe you? Do you really think you could have found my entire team? They lurk even now in the shadows; spying, watching, waiting.” The Garo spat back.

 

“We found you easily enough didn’t we?” Igos said with a victors grin. The captain scoffed again. 

 

“I was always meant to be caught. I was only the bait. I gave myself up for my team. That’s why I’m here and they’re still in your shadows. Hiding in the very outside of your vision. Waiting to bring you down.”

 

“I don’t believe you…” Igos spat back harshly.

 

“Belief or disbelief rests with you.” The Garo said indifferently.

 

“That’s the difference between us Igos. I’ll give myself up for my team but you hide behind the rest of your army and your kingdom. Hiding in your castle while others fight and die in your war. You use your own people as shields!” The Garo yelled. Igos only stood, smile on his lips.

 

“You speak as if your own people didn’t start the war. As if they weren’t the cause of the deaths around my kingdom. You talk as if your hands are clean of the blood of my own race. You’re not a martyr, you’re not a victim, you’re a murderer.”  Igos rebutted harshly.

 

“I’ve fought for my cause. I’ve fought for what I believe in which is more than I can say for you. Ikana has a long history of bloodshed that will bring you down into a cold darkness you’ll never escape.” The Garo captain quickly replied.

 

“You all are cowards. Hiding behind your hoods, never even showing your faces.” Igos said with a smirk. “No one has ever seen a Garo face. We tried removing your hood earlier but anyone who got even close enough was stopped, frozen. Are you able to do it? Once the hood goes on can it ever come off?” Igos asked. The Garo didn’t reply and Igos smiled softly knowing his answer.

 

“I didn’t think so. You have no names…no faces…just a soul trapped in a body of cloth. To die with out leaving a corpse? Is that why? So no one will know the face of a Garo? Well, that is going to change today…” Igos said quickly. The Garo snapped his head up in surprise as a small object was brought into the room covered by a sheet.

 

“Many have tried…I wish you luck…” The Captain said, a hint of fear spiked in his voice.  The object was quickly mounted on the far wall, facing the Garo.

 

“It’s funny Garo, you talked about me using people as shields. Hiding behind people. Well, you have no idea how true that statement will become…” Igos said walking over to the sheet and tearing it down off the object. A mirror was revealed under the sheet, staring back at the Garo, his cold green eyes peering back.

 

“We Ikanans have had a history of using these types of shields as you’re probably already aware. The shields we use to direct the light into our enemies eyes and then we strike. However, we’ve discovered a secondary purpose for them…” Igos said quickly.

 

“What are you going to do?” The Garo asked, fear creeping in quicker now. The two guards on either side of him started humming loudly, chanting slowly before they picked up their tempo and speeding up rapidly.

 

“Thank you for your offer to defend me during this war against your people. I would hate for anything to happen to me.” Igos said with a grin before he too started chanting.

The room slowly dimmed before the Garo couldn’t even see the walls around him. Only the mirror looking back into his soul, piercing his very soul down to his core. A second passed before a bright light illuminated the room, blinding the Garo.

 

“No!” The Garo yelled quickly, pulling on the chains, trying to escape. His hands moved freely, surprising him quickly.. He looked around, seeing he was floating alone in empty black space, only illuminated by a single window of light. He quickly rushed over to it, peering outward.

 

He looked through to see the room he was just in, now only the two guards and the King stood alone. The King quickly walked over to the shield, looking at it’s face with a grin before picking it up and placing it on his arm, holding it out in front of him. The Garo pounded on the window but nothing happened, he only could watch outward, trapped in the shield.

 

Igos looked at the front of the shield quickly before grinning, seeing the horrified expression with a grin. The first outsider to see a Garo’s face. Igos grinned before walking away, shield still on his arm.

 

 

“To die with out leaving a corpse…that is the way of the Garo…”

© 2013 Noah


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I find this to be well written and very interesting. THank you for sharing.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

351 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 1, 2013
Last Updated on May 1, 2013
Tags: Majora's Mask, Zelda, Link, Nintendo, Theory, Mirror Sheild, Legend of Zelda

Author

Noah
Noah

Writing
Intoduction Intoduction

A Chapter by Noah


Deja Vu Deja Vu

A Chapter by Noah


Eden Eden

A Chapter by Noah