Tumbleweed Obsession

Tumbleweed Obsession

A Story by Riguez
"

A man and his obsession with a ball of tumbleweed.

"
Oscar sat on the cold hard dirt floor. With nothing else but his underwear on, he rocked back and forth on his behind. He was tightly hugging a big ball of tumbleweed to his chest. No one and nothing would be able to take away his prized possession. Not exactly sure when he came obtained this ball of tumbleweed, it had changed him for the better.

The hot air that he exhaled could be seen traveling out of his nose as he stared straight ahead. Still rocking back and forth he giggled a little to himself. There was no one for miles. He never had to worry about anyone taking away his tumbleweed. God help the sorry son of a b***h who did try to take his tumbleweed. They would pay dearly.

Falling to his side, Oscar began rolling back and forth while still holding a firm grip. His smile had grown larger and his eyes were red. His stringy white hair began to dance as the cold winds picked up. His heavy mustache and beard protected the lower portion of his face. The rest of his body was becoming as cold as the wind that was punishing it.
Urinating on himself, he felt a bit warm for about half a minute until the wind began to cool of his wet spot. It froze a little and tiny particles of yellow ice could be seen. Oscar didn’t care though. He had the one thing in the world that mattered to him. 

Eventually he became tired and started to fall asleep. Now with both his arms and legs wrapped around the tumbleweed, he didn’t have to worry about it rolling away.
Oscar eventually stopped moving and slept a deep sleep. It was such a deep sleep that he did not wake the next morning. He didn’t wake that afternoon or evening either. Oscar’s frozen body slept with his prized tumbleweed in his grasp. Nothing, not even death could take his tumbleweed away from him.

© 2015 Riguez


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I was interested in the idea enough that I clicked to read this story. I would of liked this piece too be longer. I don't know Oscar. His relationship with his tumbleweed doesn't mean anything to me...yet.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Riguez

9 Years Ago

This was flash fiction written for a group on facebook. I just wrote it in a rush with putting much .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

173 Views
1 Review
Added on February 28, 2015
Last Updated on February 28, 2015
Tags: #weird, #fiction, #story

Author

Riguez
Riguez

Rego Park, NY



About
Since I was 16 I've always wanted to be a writer. It's been almost 10 years since I said to myself "I'm going to be a writer." I still have yet to realize that dream, but hopefully I will become what .. more..

Writing
Julia & David Julia & David

A Story by Riguez