Me

Me

A Poem by Riley McKinney

I'm at the point in my life where my identity is shaking and the ground is unstable  and I no longer feel secure in who I am or where I'm at.

 In any given moment, my soul could collapse and my heart could burst into flames leaving behind only the ashes of who I was and the scars of rebirth. 

But these scars are not road maps to find who I am now, they are only antiques, brittle and broken from my attempts to piece them together.

 In the future, I will try and try again but the pieces will just break down into sand and fall between my fingers onto the floor. 

Only to be swept away by the winds of change and all my progress will be consigned to oblivion, leaving me in the locked room that is myself without any idea of where the key is.

© 2016 Riley McKinney


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Find the key, open the door. The man who was looking beneath the street lamp for the keys to his house was asked by a stranger "where were you when you last had them?" The man pointed into the near by darkness of the street. "Then why search here?" "Because it is easier to see here."

Posted 7 Years Ago


we all have those minutes , days , weeks when we can't breath right

Posted 7 Years Ago


liked the self description of the disarray of your life and it's past and progression, the layout of the poem depicts this as well

great creative expression of yourself, not sure a compliment is what one looks for when self examination is uncertain and disoriented

I try not to give the "chin up" reply because you know what you been through, you know how things could be, finding the way to better times is the journey we all take and obtaining such times, for many, is oft not known.

May you find the right path to better times and venture it for the remainder of your life upon finding this path in life.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Riley McKinney

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much!
I've been there, not as you did but after two years of, drifting in that pain, I never realized I was stronger and the key to find this strength was calming my heart and mind down, then they gave the solution..

"Reality can be illusion in the eyes of beholder"

Posted 7 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
mou
Life always take a tough test from us and when we get down by it , life increases its level more...
As we have no option to come from it so we have to clear its test and try to recover it.
But surely it is hard

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

370 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 17, 2016
Last Updated on November 17, 2016