Thunderstorms

Thunderstorms

A Story by Rinsinya
"

Just a very small short story I wrote.

"

Anais sat alone in the room staring out at the turmoil of grey thunder clouds, as rain poured down coming to light with every flash of lighting. The storm was worsening, with the thunder rattling windows and resonating painfully in the blonde’s heart. To most it was a sad sight, but to Anais it held a warming melancholy feeling. Every time a storm rolls in she finds herself sitting at the nearest window before always drifting off to sleep.

 

Two years after that person left, Anais could still remember the rainy night where they shared their last moment together, and no matter the amount of anger she had for that person, she was still in love. She smiled at the thought of that ash blonde hair and those deep violet eyes that held so much beauty, and that moment they shared was the form of an apology that led to Anais’ love of storms. When the dark clouds came in she always watched and would wait for her lover to make the long way back home. Anais knew that the war had caused trouble for everyone, but she could not help but feel that her pain was different. After four years of living in solace she still had hope of return, even after not receiving a single letter in the mail.  

 

She took a swig of her coffee, but almost spat it out when she found it cold and stale; she needed a new cup, so the blonde made her way into the kitchen and put a fresh pot on to brew. As the dark liquid slowly filled the pot, Anais made her way onto the front porch and stared out over the street. Being late autumn, the petite woman was soon wracked with shivers. She leaned up against the support beam and shut her eyes to just listen to the noises of the storm. With her eyes shut, Anais did not see the man approaching her house, and the sounds of footsteps were drowned out by the roaring of thunder.

 

“It’s dangerous to be outside during a thunderstorm”, a soft voice stated.

 

“What are you doing out here?”

 

A voice came from behind Anais as she sat on the park bench, in the heavy downpour, with her hair and clothes soaked through. She turned in her seat and saw the stranger standing behind her looking miserable in the rain, even with an umbrella. She smiled warmly and said, “Enjoying the nice weather.”

 

Large wet arms wrapped around Anais tightly as if trying to keep her there forever. A kiss was placed on her forehead, “I missed you so much, my sunflower, you would not believe how much I’ve thought about you.”

 

Anais stood on the front porch with her love, who had a bag thrown over one shoulder. Her eyes were red and puffy from her tears, but now she stood in idle silence as she waited for anything to happen between them. The sound of heavy raindrops pounded on the roof of the porch and, like blades, lightening would flash across the sky cutting it in two. She looked into his amethyst and tried to smile, but only ended up crying again.

The man took her in his arms and whispered, “Anais, I know you are stronger than this, I have seen it so many times. Please, hold your head up high.”

 

He tenderly lifted her chin to look into her brown eyes, “Be proud, because I am fighting for you.”

 

For the first time, Anais looked at the large man; he looked exactly the same as he did the day he left her behind. His ash blonde hair was plastered to his skin, but he was still as handsome as she had remembered him. She wrapped her arms around him burying her face into his shoulder and mumbled, “I knew it!”

 

“What?”

 

Thunder rumbled somewhere in the distance when she looked up, “I knew it would be raining.”

© 2013 Rinsinya


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

220 Views
Added on January 18, 2013
Last Updated on January 18, 2013
Tags: storms, thunderstorms, love, rain, violet, blonde, flashback