For Charlie

For Charlie

A Poem by Rita L. Sev
"

,,,

"

Terror draws with darkest ink

its message lost in bloodshed

arrogance and cowardice thrive

on hate, on fear, on dread...

when the echoed tears have waned,

all bombs and bullets gone,

the boldest missile regains strength ~

the mighty pen writes on

© 2015 Rita L. Sev


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ah so true,
''The mighty pen writes''
It's truely a tradegy what happend to Charlie Hebdo
By after everything has pass, let the real weapon come
The Pen
A beautiful poem, It's really cool

Posted 9 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rita L. Sev

9 Years Ago

The Pen has always lived on, and words have more power than any weapon... Thank you, Lizardo.
Lizardo

9 Years Ago

That is very true, You are welcome
couldn't have said it better myself girl... what a powerful, honest write that speaks volumes and makes the message clear and biting... write on!... draw from those tears the strength, the will, and the inspiration... fear will not rule the hearts if we stand together:)

Posted 9 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rita L. Sev

9 Years Ago

And stand together, we must... Thank you so much, April!
well said Rita!! very well indeed .. it matters not whether we agree or disagree the world morns those senseless murders ... and draws the world's eyes on the barbaric insolence of ISSL and all the rest of their ilk ... we are on a very difficult path for some kind of solution ... that's where my prayers are going .. i believe that Islam needs to purge itself from the brutality of its fringes .. others can kill those cowardly murdering few but will not defeat them until Islam turns its back on them .. the old testament of the Bible states that disobedient children can be stoned; wives committing adultery can be stoned .. these kinds of things have been purged from Judeo/Christian belief .. its time Islam took the axe to those kinds of horror in their book instead of to the necks of those who reject Islam .. whew! sorry! did not mean to spout off .. i appreciate your poem Rita .. again nice job!
E.

Posted 9 Years Ago


2 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Rita L. Sev

9 Years Ago

Radical actions in any religion - or political system - have no place. It's so sad that some feel th.. read more
"coz they know if you're doin' the pointin' no one's lookin' at you"
todd snider said that about you

Posted 9 Years Ago


0 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Rita L. Sev

9 Years Ago

Great - I didn't even know he knew me.
Censor through terror has never worked in the history of the world. They can't kill ideas, words or creativity. Thank you for saying it so well.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Rita L. Sev

9 Years Ago

No they can't... Thank you, Damien.
Riverz

9 Years Ago

no, only American style "democracy" can do that
Damien Thibodeaux

9 Years Ago

WTF is that supposed to mean?
the metamorphosis of thoughts into words is the greatest magic. In this regard, the pen has no equal. I like the way you start this. I sensed you using the pen as a weapon "Draws" then you supported that by saying "bloodshed" and "Missile". Though the poem..in its concise expression conveyed a sufficiently powerful message, I cannot help but yearn for more words from you. Well penned...I utterly enjoyed this.

Posted 9 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rita L. Sev

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Rocans. Sometimes the thoughts come out just as they are, and I hesitate to add more, afr.. read more
If Charlie doesn't live on we all lose. This is about real freedom against repression at the barrel of a gun and it's hugely important. We can't be shut down by this and a lot of people don't realize what we'd be losing if we are. Charlie's got to carry on.

Posted 9 Years Ago


0 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Rita L. Sev

9 Years Ago

Amen to that, Mark. Thank you.
I believe the pen will someday prove mightier than the sword. It just hasn't yet.

Posted 9 Years Ago


0 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Rita L. Sev

9 Years Ago

I guess it depends on how we define "might"... but words live forever, and those who would kill anot.. read more
Rita, I don't know if I can say anything that hasn't already been said below on this subject. But I will say your poetry is always spot on and brings its message, whether humerous or serious as this one, perfectly.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Rita L. Sev

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Will. I wish I could find some humor in my heart these days...
Do we take up the pen or the sword? Repeated horrors across the world, not just now but in times past and we still have to write and write, praying to our different gods to find a solution. Your words are sad yet beautifully phrased..

There's more and more call for words-in-acion from the peaceful, lawful and faith-abiding people to speak out about the ever increasing bestiality from their so.called brothers. The cure's from within.. but, not overnight.. must start now, no.. yesterday.

Your words should draw a great many reviews, people's opinions matter. Thank you so much for posting such finely voiced words about such topically terrible happening.

Posted 9 Years Ago


0 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Rita L. Sev

9 Years Ago

You are so right, Emmajoy - the cure is from within, but not overnight... And so, we keep writing, a.. read more

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

640 Views
17 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 9, 2015
Last Updated on January 9, 2015

Author

Rita L. Sev
Rita L. Sev

Philadelphia, PA



About
PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE "FRIENDING" ME: I am happy to be sharing my poems (and occasional stories) and thrilled to be reading fellow authors. About Friend Requests - It is wise to READ some of .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Gold Gold

A Poem by MsJewel