That Could Have Been Me...

That Could Have Been Me...

A Poem by Robyn
"

a chance lost, the talent tossed.

"
Musicians dressed all in black, carrying cases of all sizes. Some walk with Wagner, some with Beethoven, some with Bach. It breaks my heart to think that could have been me, but everyone just walks by not knowing who I once was.

Just remember, you gave it all up. It's what you wanted. Just to escape from that world and all of it's pressure...

But as the orchestra rips into the opening line of a jubilant piece in E major, I can't help but feel a deep sadness throbbing in my chest. I feel as though I may fall apart.

That could have been you up there on that stage! That could have been you, should have been you...

The thought echoes in my mind. That will never be me again. All that time and passion spent just to watch it fade away day by day. I am nothing now without music. Just empty bars in a plain common time.

Now you disappear behind the shadow of your once lived fame. You let opportunity slip through your fingers. You fool...

I gave up the dream.

© 2010 Robyn


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Perhaps you havent reached that point I think you are someone

Posted 13 Years Ago


I've thought that about several possible paths I could have taken but didn't. In my view, it's spilled milk. Nothing you can do about it now. What's done is done, so it's best to carry on with whatever it is that you decided to do. I hope you can accept the hand you were dealt, for no one can know what might have been, had they taken another path. Still, I know, it's interesting to think about and ask yourself "What if?"

Posted 13 Years Ago


AW! CRUSHED DREAMS! When that happens you keep dreaming and you make up your own! Nice job this is beautiful! I like it a lot it's just awesome!

Posted 13 Years Ago


this is kinda a sad poem but it is really well written. good job

Posted 13 Years Ago


This was really moving! How many have given up dreams or pursued them to maybe reach them and find they were not what they expected. Here the pressure may have been too much.. not everyone is built to handle such things and these days it's a really cut-throat business across the board. Loved the honesty here, I could feel the disappointment and hope you find a newer and better goal to dream about if you are unable to go such a route. I can relate here in terms of goals, my dream became my children and I can't imagine life without them. Thank you for sharing.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I really enjoyed reading this, excelent job.

100/100

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

216 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 9, 2010
Last Updated on September 9, 2010

Author

Robyn
Robyn

Berea, OH



About
I love music. I love writing. I love cats. I love my family. I love my friends. I love foreign films. I love Europe. ***I write to capture a moment or feeling.*** Я пы.. more..

Writing
Nova Nova

A Poem by Robyn



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..