Death Note

Death Note

A Poem by R. L. Ambar

She wandered in dark shades of words.

Each one was twisted in her mind; each held a symbol that she never learned, ones she cared not for.

Her heart bleeds, but only for him. His existence was her essence, the creation of life within her soul.

His breath was but a memory of chill upon her once naked skin, a memory she feared that in time would fade and nothing could draw him back to her in the dark spaces of her mind.

Will there ever be more?

Will she feel him again, pressing his body against hers in the cool winter nights, filling there home with warmth?

Pain was her sorrow, leaving her dry, bound to wander the thoughts in her mind, forever not knowing, pleading for the agony to end.

Wishing for the same

To know the same,

For taste is not taste,

Touch is not touch,

His smell is fading. 

 

Sadness encases her; tears begin to swell in her eyes.

Her mind is empty of thoughts and only his words capture her imagination.

She held with her the words of the defeated, and the last of his thoughts which he wanted to be hers, a note, his note…

His death note

 

© 2009 R. L. Ambar


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Amazing. Thank you for writing this. You don't know how you've managed to clear up a piece of my mind that has been clouded recently. Very well done. ^^

Posted 10 Years Ago


WOW! that was a brilliant piece you capture emotion quiet originally your writing style is fantastic!!! thank you so much for the read i am looking forward to reading alot more of your work!

Posted 15 Years Ago


Wow that has a lot of emotion. Very sad to notice that the person is in the darkness.

Posted 15 Years Ago


So desperately sad. Your words so powerfully convey the sense of isolation and desperation so many feel and how this act affects those left behind. (I was suicidal through all my teen years, and still can feel the darkness when I read through a work such as yours. Glad to be past it, but trying to find those still in the darkness whenever I can.) Thank you for talking about something so important...

Posted 16 Years Ago


good stuff here lots of raw emotion.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Wow, it was so moving and passionate. Just the few words drew me in - you definately have a talent for writing.

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

204 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on March 25, 2008
Last Updated on September 12, 2009

Author

R. L. Ambar
R. L. Ambar

Australia



About
18 Female Australia Currently studying Bachelor of Communications more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..