Beat of the Night

Beat of the Night

A Poem by R. L. Ambar

Please No CSS

Beat of the Night


When I think back to what I was before I do tend to feel a sort of sadness for what I have lost, within the person I could have been. The night time meant so much to me then, some what of a mystery, an excitement that brought bliss and overwhelming content. I yearned for the darkness, with the glimmers of city lights, and that sweet, smoky smell that seemed to follow me where ever I was to be.


 

Laying back in the car seat, only to see the lights above running over me. With only the beat to guide me, as I move into existence, move in to the world itself.


I will forever miss that freedom, the kindness I absorbed from the shadows and from the lonely moon itself. The beach was a wonderland of nightmares with a sweet twist, so dark and scary, but romantic with each and every step. The sea crashing upon itself, bringing new waves and new emotions, new sounds which faded as quickly as they came. The sand is always cool, but there is something comporting about that, knowing your warming it with every step.

Walking into the ocean as far as I dared, letting the coldness consume me, with the humid air to ease the pain. I never knew bliss till I roamed the night, seeking a new form of life, treading on new water and earth.

Cars seem slower at night, and music seems deeper, it hits you harder in chest, every beat draws you in more, till it is only you and that sound, swaying amongst the ocean shore.


I crave that once more, to feel that calmness around me. To be swept off my feet and carried into the distance, to darkness, deeper and deeper into the beat of the night.

 

© 2009 R. L. Ambar


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

beautiful. very nice imagery. It was simply amazingg. faboulous job!

Posted 15 Years Ago


beautiful imagery! you capture the "beat" of the moment very well. the flow of the language gives a powerful voice bringing the reader into the moment, the emotion of the night. well done! namaste

Posted 15 Years Ago


This brought back lots of memories first the beats from the lights while driving in the car...I remember this well as a child...Nice I like how you wove your descriptions.

Posted 15 Years Ago


It's a liberating experience - the ocean - in all it's wonderment. It's also liberating to be introspective and reflect on our past in order to persevere through our present and lead us to our future. I really like this! :)

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

179 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 10, 2008
Last Updated on September 12, 2009

Author

R. L. Ambar
R. L. Ambar

Australia



About
18 Female Australia Currently studying Bachelor of Communications more..

Writing