Towards Her

Towards Her

A Poem by R. L. Ambar

Towards Her

 

Grass greener then eyes have even seen lies untouched across forever roaming hills, gently swaying in the late noon breeze.

The sky is darkening, soon the crisp night air will fall into place, and the moon shall rain silver from the sky above.

A small delicate frame lies in the grass alone, the red and orange sunset dances off her pale white skin.

She is not awake nor does she slumber, she simply waits, for time to start turning, for that single touch to embrace her forever more.

 

Quietly he sits, beneath the tree of life, the leaves shading him for the soon rising sun. His arms are stiff from the nights chill and his skin is moist from rain.

Jungle like masses of trees surround him, roots entwine both ground and sky, an unforgiving landscape awaits.

He must go, but he does not know where, he must journey but knows not for how long.

A breeze rolls across his skin bringing to him a scent of sweetness, a fragile scent he has always known.

It awakens in him a yearning, an overwhelming desire for something he does not understand.

It pushes him to rise, to take his first step towards that he has always sought.

Towards that he has always known, towards that he has always desired, finally towards her.

 

 

© 2009 R. L. Ambar


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

nice..
strong imagery..
well written..
very good..

Posted 13 Years Ago


.if i may put that in a frame i would

Posted 14 Years Ago



Fresh feeling, like a stripped Green Mansions, like Adam and Eve without the baggage.

Nothing finer than new dew vibes. Interesting quick time references -- noon, evening, near-dawn -- as if these two anonymous humans are simply relaxed in the Now, and the natural cycle of day and night will do its own work to bring them together.

This poems tugs at one's romantic heart, toward an Edenic glow where Life makes magic moments breathe.

Posted 14 Years Ago


very strong visuals, i liked it lol


p.s.- thank you for pointing out that i used lyrics from a bands song, i didn't mean to do so, also, i copy and paste everything from an original word document that i type, but again thank you for letting me know, i really didn't want to do such a terrible thing!

Posted 14 Years Ago


You express the freshness of a new world, new life, the beginning of a journey together. The writing is so vivid, visually awakening this world through your words. Powerful write.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

210 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 31, 2009
Last Updated on September 12, 2009

Author

R. L. Ambar
R. L. Ambar

Australia



About
18 Female Australia Currently studying Bachelor of Communications more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Words Words

A Poem by Desert Dreamer


Mercy Mercy

A Poem by justjenn_2u