Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Rory CJ Frankson
"

A Marvel to Me

"
 

The Preamble

        Yevette, eyed the gleaming experimental car-show Corvette to say to me, truly impressed that it looked so fast, sleek and powerful. “Very exotic! Her poignant end comment, and with a wistful like sigh. In her slight French accent stated, “oh how I love Corvettes, Ba--by”, and of a sudden, with eyes shining conviction firmly avowed, “I swear, one day. I will have one”! Then, to slide into a sly smile, and inform me rather haughtily, “you just wait and see”, nod to herself in confirmation of fact. Her playful supposition, changing to a ‘so there’ kind of grin, turn on her heel with exaggerated purpose and stride on to the next. With not so much as a backward glance, at that glittering exhibit. Me, only following along and couldn't help but smile and shake my head. At her out of the blue revelation. Yet, as life would sometimes have with such as these daydreams. Yevette did have, that shortly stated Corvette Fantasy... come to pass.

        With not so much as aI told you so’!

        The spring of that year, I was in the Canadian Rockies representing a group of investors that I was nominally a part of, and was working a closing transaction to purchase Teal Haven Lodge, a resort owned and operated by Ben and Kate O’Grady. Their haven, was like a rare jewel on its sparkling crystal clear mountain lake and well set, in the majestically rugged snow capped Maligne Rocky Mountain Range. The deal, was going rather better than well and as I was staying at the very rustic historical Grand old Hotel Fairview. Some few miles south of Jasper Alberta and, with both locations being on Maligne Lake in Jasper National Park. It was like doing business and being on a kind of vacation, all rolled into one.

         In that particular point in time, at crossroads with my life and having through a quirk of fate and the powers that be... was granted the chance of meeting and get to know. The mystic wonder, which is Yevette. Who, at the time. Was working as an ordinary waitress, in the Hotel Fairview’s main floor Family Restaurant and to find. There was no doubt, that this woman worked hard to live forward into a life of fulfilled dreams. That could virtually be seen unfolding, in those amazing emerald green eyes. Eyes, that could shine almost the same color of Maligne Lake. When caught in a rare ray of golden sunshine, to sparkle and spark in a manner. To appear mostly mystical, in their bottomless captive reflections and profoundly as deep. As that pure crystal clear, Mountain Lake.

          This simple waitress, became for me. As captivating as the natural unique wonder of that locations mountain scenery's surround, and discovering her... Changed, my world.

           Forever!

           In time, I had learned that for Yevette the color and reggae of Jamaica. Fueled the current imagination of her hopes and saving for, travel dreams. Before that, it had been some undeniable attraction to Belize. Having traveled there and being past her travel visa, she was caught working illegally. Deported, and brought back to Canada. Landing at her point of departure, Calgary. Make her way to a much needed job at The Fairview Hotel in Jasper, and was then... fated. To find me.

         Me, Troy Farrell. Who after a startlingly short period of time. Unreasonably hoping... I, was her dream. Come true.

          Really, on short first impressions. Yevette didn’t really exhibit that real exotic potential which perked just below the surface, and for the most part. This woman, couldn’t be said to be particularly beautiful. That took time to be seen, realized... and to be, truly appreciated. To see that a natural wonder something. Burned, behind those emerald green eyes. With a pure and radiant intensity, which I found Yevette felt for life itself. Or when that something really special, garnered her attentions and then truly gave of herself fully, completely. Her abandon, was total. Spontaneous and sometimes following musical laughter, contagious. But for me, the French Canadian ambiance of her heritage... made her. Truly exotic. Like the Corvette. We had seen some time later, at that car show... Admired in its rare intensity, and in my own way. Found my ordinary waitress, Yevette... an incredible life force to behold.

           Her English was very near perfect, but when perhaps she was suddenly excited by a something that maybe startled her, scared her, or made Yevette truly angry. She’d lose it and streams of rapid fire French, would fall from those perfect lips. The nuances of which, depended on how and why. Those things affected her as such and, were really something to watch out for. As her passion, or her fiery temper could swing your way, in a heartbeat.

         When Yevette’s emotions formed those pert lips, into their kind of real French pout. Was in my estimation. One of her best naturally expressed features, and it could mean so many different things, and indeed. It held, intimation to ramificationsoh ya. Believe you me. It was essential to note and the game, was: Buddy, you better figure this out!

That quest, was then reflected in those hugely mystical eyes. Coy clues. Poised in her communicative, and some times sexy body language. Lastly, Yevette’s sweet wide mouth with its moist multitude of expressionism. Was to me... an, incredible magic. Most especially, when she would naturally grant you, one of her oh so precious smiles. That said, she was truly pleased with life, and its unfolding promise. Which was, that life would no doubt magically grant her. All that she’d ever hoped and dreamed. In that fantasy ‘of that there is no doubt’ was, for Yevette. Where life unfolded. If perchance, you had figured that out. Buddy. You’d probably... won, the game.

Or, hoped you had.

To love Yevette was not hard, but to have her truly love you. In return. The reward, and the fantasy. Found at an end, where there were no more games. Just its complexities. And, were for me. To discover the why, in her experienced moments of such profound, and ungodly terrors. That so brutally plagued, this lovely undeserving creature.

To which, unable to help myself. I’d shortly gotten myself hopelessly enmeshed with, and. As it did take some Rocky Mountain Time, to find out. This seemingly seasoned traveler, didn’t immediately give her trust to just anybody. Well in my way, Troy Ferrell. Is not just anybody, and for some reason. I seemed to have some luck when it came to the ladies. Not all ladies, mind you... There are recognition factors that you know, and… well. Yevette. Was, none of those.

This lady, was truly. An unfolding, mystery!

 

When I’d found Yevette. I came to dream, that we might actually have found some mutually mystic place. That place, reserved for star-crossed lovers... and the experience, of that journey. Through phenomenal serendipity. With some elusive notion, towards. That some times maddening fantasy, referred to as. Twin Flames... We, just needed to live long enough. To have it all…come to pass!



© 2014 Rory CJ Frankson


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I like this story. I like how you compare a woman to a corvette in the story. I like how you describe Yevette. In my lifetime of travel. Some woman had the look or gentle emotion that draw a man to her. The story was amazing. I like the events and the detail of the story. Thank you. A excellent story.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Solidly engaging, draws one in.

Enjoyed the background of the narrator and the object of his mythic desire.

Like the tie-in w/the classic car, as well. Corvette/Yevette (not Yvette, spelling-wise?).

On to the next chapter. . .

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This made me want to learn more about Yevette and her endeavours.

- … well. Yevette. Was, none of those.
- This lady, was truly. An unfolding, mystery!

This made me hungry for more, so I'm looking forward to the next chapter.





Posted 13 Years Ago


Scene set well love, your wording wise as always and your metaphors drip with knowledge and insight!
Great prologue, looking forward to more! :)
xx

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

That was well-written. The way you express with few words is something to aspire from. Nice write.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very interesting. I need to read more.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like this story. I like how you compare a woman to a corvette in the story. I like how you describe Yevette. In my lifetime of travel. Some woman had the look or gentle emotion that draw a man to her. The story was amazing. I like the events and the detail of the story. Thank you. A excellent story.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1400 Views
7 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 4, 2010
Last Updated on October 11, 2014


Author

Rory CJ Frankson
Rory CJ Frankson

Vernon, British Colombia, Canada



About
It's all about the music really. I'm a Writer / Musician. Write On / Right On! Peace... Romon in Review Out Post & Creative Standard Productions. Romonx Associated Artists Rory CJ Frankson .. more..

Writing