Chapter 1- The Willow Tree (The Wind Through the Trees)

Chapter 1- The Willow Tree (The Wind Through the Trees)

A Story by Ronaela
"

A beautiful story with elegant details and a little old English.

"
CHAPTER 1- The Willow Tree
We moved quietly through the crisp morning air, sniffing delicately at every bush and tree, hoping against hope to find the scent of Magic. Magic, like almost every other object, had a scent. It smelled like spice, tingling your nostrils as you smelt it, making a fire burn through you, making you feel alive and wonderful, making you forget all your aches and woes. Yes, the scent of Magic was a truly wondrous thing. We, of course, were magic, but being a Unicorn and being admitted to the knowledge of Magic was not new to us. The Magic in the air burned through my nostrils. My pale blue coat almost fading into the background as the moon and the morning sun clashed, throwing a bluish hue across the landscape.  I was with 3 other Unicorns and as we moved through the forest, the Magic was becoming more and more noticeable. Up ahead there was the hint of an orangey-yellow glow that i saw, filtered through the many trees that blocked our way. 
Suddenly i motioned for our small herd to stop. When we had all stopped and had all but turned ourselves into stone, i pressed on a branch with the soft, velvety part of my nose and all of a sudden, the Willow tree that had been before us opened and seemed to glow from within. In fact, it lead through the tree itself and into a second dimension. A Magical Dimension. The scent of Magic was so heavily in the air that i couldnt bear to breathe through my nose and resorted to breathing through my mouth. My expertly tuned ears swiveled toward the door that had opened before us. I decidedly walked forward 2 steps before lowering my head to the ground, sighing and walking through....

© 2013 Ronaela


Author's Note

Ronaela
This is my first story on here, please be kind but leave constructive criticism. Keep in mind that i am only 12...

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

201 Views
1 Review
Added on July 2, 2013
Last Updated on July 2, 2013
Tags: Horses, Stallion, Willow Tree, Willow, Tree, Elegant, Old English, Old, Detailed

Author

Ronaela
Ronaela

Brisbane, Caloundra, Australia



About
Im an athletic, sporty girl that loves her reading, writing and drawing. I dont mind to share my feelings on a piece of work so dont take it offensivly because i dont like to hurt feelings! :) more..