Part 2

Part 2

A Chapter by Rockel Mansaray

Scene 2

“Levi, she wants you. You need to get here now, she’s on the verge of a panic attack again.” Mr. Morri strained voice poured out through my speaker.

I didn’t think twice about jumping out of bed only half dressed and grabbing the first pair of clothes I see and sprinting out the door. I had to run back in several times to get my shoes and coat though.

            In no time at all, I was on Eden’s porch, with a flushed face from the cold and out of breath for having to run eight blocks in a matter of ten minutes. Before my knuckles had even started the motion to knock on her door, Mr. Morri already had it open and was leading me into Eden’s sanctuary. He stopped outside of her door, knowing that his part of the job was done, and that this was now my matter of expertise.

            “Thanks Levi, I don’t know what I’d do if you weren’t in my daughter’s life right now.”

I shook my head, eager to close the barrier between the Eden and me.

            “Don’t mention it sir, I don’t know what I’d do without her too.” With that said, I abandoned Mr. M by the door and dashed into her room without warning. Almost without a second to spear, Eden’s beautiful figure slammed into me without a moment’s hesitation.

            “Levi!” she gripped my arms tightly, desperately.

Her eyes were streaked with tears and dark rings darkened her eyes which was resulting to the maximum of tears spilled.

“Don’t worry sweetheart I’m here. I’m always here.” I tell her gently as I pull her gradually onto the comfort of her bed. 

It didn’t take long before Eden gradually crawled onto my lap the minute we hit the mattress and allowed me to thread my fingers through her hair as she lay soundlessly on my chest. I could tell she was listening to the mesh of our offbeat hearts.

 Minutes pass by.  

“Sweetheart?” I whispered softly into her ear. “Do you want to talk?” 

Eden doesn’t answer but cuddles deeper into my chest. I kiss her hair, knowing exactly how to get her to open up to me.

“It’s okay Eden, we don’t have to talk.” I say in mock disappointment. “Just know that I love you anyway.”

I rest my chin a top of her head, waiting for her to crack. I found that reverse psychology seems to work on her these days. 

“Let’s talk.” She agrees. She takes a deep breath before continuing. “Talking with you is good.” 

I smile. Sometimes with her, it feels like I’m dealing with a kid, a very broken kid.

“Okay, Ede, talk to me.” I urge. 

She shakes slightly in my grasp. I instantly hug her closer. 

“I’ve got you, tell me.”

Her honey-smooth voice drifted through my ears as she began to speak. 

“In my dream I…” 

I close my eyes and let her consume me. 

“I was with mom and she…”

Eden re-positioned herself so that those big blue eyes stared straight up at me. 

“She was crying…she…she…”

“Deep breaths sweetheart.” I remind her. 

She does as told, then continues. 

“I was with you. She was crying because I was with you and not… her.” 

Tears pricked her eyes again.

“So… because I was being bad…Gale�"

She clutched my shirt frantically as her eyes bored into mine in panic. I held her still and stared back just as intensely. 

“What did the b*****d do?” I press.

Eden gasped suddenly. 

“He took you. He… killed�"  

The first signs of tremors start to occur. I stroke my hand slowly over her moonlit hair, trying to ease her mind. She takes deep breaths but she still struggles to breathe. 

“He killed you…he killed me.” Her words came out in short little gasps. "There was blood... so much... blood..."

“Okay shh shh shh, sweetheart, that’s enough. No more talking.” 

I press her tightly into my chest and subconsciously whisper promises into her ear until she calms down. Slowly the tremors stop. Her breathing returns to normal and she transforms back to her fragile and exhausted self. 

After a while I ask,

“How do you feel?”  

Unexpectedly, Eden reaches up and lays her slender fingers onto my face.  

“I…love…you.” She breathed out slowly but with purpose. "I really do."

I kiss her swiftly on her forehead and hug her tighter.

            “And I you Eden.”

We stayed like that for who knows long, but for me the time was all too short before Eden was soundlessly asleep on my shoulder. I sighed as I struggled to rearrange Eden carefully onto her bed without waking her up again. But it was inevitable and the thought of her unraveling from me was too unbearable as I found myself still longing for her embrace. Plus, I was tired.

Coming to my resolve I lay back onto her bed with Eden motionless body following in tow. She now laid neatly tucked under my neck where I could feel the soft trickle of her breath on my subtle skin. I turn to stare transfixed at her brilliant glow under the mundane light of the night sky. Her delicate features with the look of utter peacefulness as she slept, caused such an emotion to storm through me suddenly that at that moment I knew with all my heart that I’d love this girl, even if she was most needy woman in the world. So just like Eden, it didn’t take long before I fell asleep alongside with her except for me, I slept with an promising smile on my face.



© 2015 Rockel Mansaray


Author's Note

Rockel Mansaray
Again this book is not in order.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
Added on July 9, 2015
Last Updated on July 9, 2015


Author

Rockel Mansaray
Rockel Mansaray

ewing, NJ



About
When I write a story, the moment I think of an idea, I write it down or in this case type it down. So I can't really guarantee when exactly I update my stories, but I can guarantee that I come up idea.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Rockel Mansaray


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Rockel Mansaray


JERE JERE

A Book by Rockel Mansaray