Now you finally see

Now you finally see

A Poem by Rosaria_V
"

"Be the change you want to see in the world" -Gandhi

"
There I was, starting at the beginning. I felt like I had run a mile but never left the starting line. Now here I am standing in front of you.
Can you finally see me, am I still invisible to you. Even the transparency of clouds in the sky doesn't mean there isn't air. it doesn't mean that it won't rain, Cause now I will make you see what you always always walked passed. When you left me brokenhearted.
Don't try and say another word saying that your sorry, the damage is already done. I've picked up the peaces and left the past behind. Are you still blind from all that you said.
Can't you tell you left scars inside like a wound on my skin. 
Look at me i'm not the same scared little girl that left before. I walk with my head held high and I will show you how it's done. I have learned my lesions when I was young, now you will hear my voice as my words come undone and flow faster than before.
Now I'm at the half way mark and I still have my moments. I can still hear the echoing of your voice in my hear and I become guarded.  I have some ways to go but i'm just getting started. 
Can you see me now, am I making my self clear.
The pain left from yesterday is no more. Even when I have my doubts and have nothing else to say. I know it will be okay. I know my light will shine someday and I won't be hard to find.
I will make you see but I will leave all of my scars behind. 
there was a time that I felt that no matter how far I went I seemed to be back right where I started.
Then I learned to get up again and that it's okay to fall. 
Now here I am standing in front of you... now do you finally see.
The girl I was and the girl I will always be. You finally see what your words have done to me and I just have to say
thank you for making me grow stronger everyday.
if it wasn't for your words that left a constant reminder, then I wouldn't be who I am today.
Now I'm finally shining and I knew I would in time. The past seem to darken like the night sky and the new day starts to shine as I find my way.
I'm finally at the finish line but this doesn't end today. This is a new beginning for brighter days and even when there is nothing left say I will always believe. 
  Now you finally see.

© 2013 Rosaria_V


Author's Note

Rosaria_V
This is something I just wrote today (just now) about feeling invisible. When I was younger I was always bullied and never answered back. I of course have no grudges toward anyone that bullied me. We we kids.... I am not a kid anymore but I do want to help kids today that are going threw this so they don't feel invisible. I still loved school despite what I went threw and figured I would use what I learned to help others. I hope you enjoy this poem!! I know this isn't what I normally write but I felt really good after writing it. Be positive and and be love
-Rosaria

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is the first piece of yours I've had the pleasure of reading and I'm quite impressed with your poetic voice. I found this to be very heartfelt and inspirational, with a powerful message all should take to heart. Your author's note speaks volumes about your gentle soul and willingness to help others. I admire your strength, your courage and commend you on standing up and letting your voice be heard. That is a sure sign of inner strength.



Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rosaria_V

10 Years Ago

That means so much!! Thank you very much for your sweet words!! I love helping others and hope my wr.. read more
Traci

10 Years Ago

With pieces like this and the 2 others I've read....no doubt in my mind they surely will. I definit.. read more



Reviews

I loved the strength that this piece possessed. It showed that through any circumstance you can rise as long as you don't let people define who you are as a person. That was something I grew to learn, and am still working on that. What people say or think about me has no effect on me unless I choose for it to have an effect on me. Great read!!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rosaria_V

10 Years Ago

All so true! and thank you so much xoxoxo
This is the first piece of yours I've had the pleasure of reading and I'm quite impressed with your poetic voice. I found this to be very heartfelt and inspirational, with a powerful message all should take to heart. Your author's note speaks volumes about your gentle soul and willingness to help others. I admire your strength, your courage and commend you on standing up and letting your voice be heard. That is a sure sign of inner strength.



Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rosaria_V

10 Years Ago

That means so much!! Thank you very much for your sweet words!! I love helping others and hope my wr.. read more
Traci

10 Years Ago

With pieces like this and the 2 others I've read....no doubt in my mind they surely will. I definit.. read more
There is such a wonderful message here. Your poem is heartfelt and inspirational. A pleasure to read! :) Julie

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rosaria_V

10 Years Ago

Your so kind! Thank you very much
Thank you for this...it truly hit home with me (slightly different in context) but my thanks is not for me but the others that still may be in similar situations and need to read these words of encouragement.
Awesome piece. Thanks again

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rosaria_V

10 Years Ago

Thank you, that really really does mean a lot. No matter what we go threw we are strong enough to le.. read more
Antoñyo

10 Years Ago

The young don't always realize this. Thats who I pray for...
Thanks again for the just-as-nee.. read more
I liked the concept of this one. Great message with a strong and emotional thread woven throughout. You have a great poetic voice, my friend. Keep writing.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rosaria_V

10 Years Ago

Wow, thank you. That truly means so much!
I really like it. It reminds me of that old saying "Think of the glass as half full instead of half empty." I really enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing!

-CW

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rosaria_V

10 Years Ago

yes I always try and think that way :)) thank you!
Hold your head high you are someone to be reckoned with. Your message is positive and encouraging.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rosaria_V

10 Years Ago

Awww thank you so much!! :)) Despite the way the poem may come across I am actually very happy, its .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

337 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 27, 2013
Last Updated on September 2, 2013

Author

Rosaria_V
Rosaria_V

NY



About
My name is Rosaria, Rosie for short :) I love to help people and want to be a teacher for children with special needs. This has been a passion of mine forever. ♫♥ Good things comes to th.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Black Angel Black Angel

A Poem by s y e