Is this just a dream

Is this just a dream

A Poem by Rosaria_V
"

Love is a powerful thing

"
Writing these words on paper like an open heart on my sleeve.
Writing the words I used to say when I was just 16.
When I saw your face, my heart couldn't erase the memory of your sweet song. It took me away.
You had my heart from the very beginning and I remember all the times I've said, "I'm going to marry him some day, just watch and see." and I believed it everyday.

Baby I'll be sitting here waiting till forever until I finally know, if this is just a dream.
I find myself dreaming with my eyes wide open, and this is what I see. You looking at me as you 
go to one knee and say how life isn't worth living if there is no you with me.
prepared to selflessly share the rest of my life with him, this is just a dream.

It's five years down the line and I still cannot find anyone that 
makes my heart beat so fast and slows it down at the very same time. and still today,
I feel it in my heart and within my soul that the heaven matched our hearts before we ever came to be. Is this just a dream?!
That somewhere down the line our paths would cross and we would finally meet 
and it would feel like our hearts found it's missing piece. It feels just like my dream.

Baby I'll be sitting here, waiting till forever until I finally know, if this is just a dream.
I find myself dreaming with my eyes wide open, and this is what I see. You looking at me as the starts align and our future falls into place .
feeling ready to spend the rest of my life loving him, is this is just a dream?

I think of the day when our eyes first met. You looked at me and 
you said my name. The calmest I've ever been. My heart felt safe as you reach out your hand to me. I walked away that day praying I would see you again, remembering the love I found in my dreams. Hoping for a chance.
Even now that your away, I'm holding on to faith thinking of forever, keeping this feeling close to me.
Forever keeping faith until it's time, till I can finally see... if you are just a dream.

 I'll be sitting here waiting till forever, I'll keep holding on until I finally know... if this is just a dream.
I find myself dreaming with my eyes wide open, and this is what I see. You looking at me and I see what was always meant to be
i'm ready to love him, this is just a dream....
Is this just a dream?
 

© 2013 Rosaria_V


Author's Note

Rosaria_V
I loved being able to pour my heart out in this piece. For someone who has yet to find love, I do love writing about the feelings I might feel and what I can imagine it would be like. I for one love writing about dreams and what keeps you grounded and positive. I hope that with reading this poem or any of my poems and writing, that you leave with a sense of peace and smile. Please always believe and remember that a dream is truly a wish your heart makes xoxo Thanks for reading guys!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I can tell you felt this piece. Love is a eternal thing. I say that and people say no because you can fall out of love. I truly think that people don't stop loving they just feel hurt because that love feels betrayed. We dream and live love. It is a universal thing that touches from one person to the next. I love the use of dreams and faithful waiting in this poem. Even in your dreams you wait for love. Awesome!

Posted 10 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Rosaria_V

10 Years Ago

I couldn't agree with you more!! Thank you :D
Clara

10 Years Ago

I agree with Eddie! :)
Rosaria_V

10 Years Ago

haha thanks love!



Reviews

beautiful. I love it. great job.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rosaria_V

10 Years Ago

Thank u very much
I feel it in my heart and within my soul that the heaven matched our hearts before we ever came to be. Is this just a dream?!
That somewhere down the line our paths would cross and we would finally meet
and it would feel like our hearts found it's missing piece. It feels just like my dream.

a beautiful heartfelt composition, liked the constant love you feel and the apprehensions that the practical brain brings in.

Pray You get the Man of Your dreams.

Best wishes

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rosaria_V

10 Years Ago

I love you!!! Thank you veryy verryy much
Prritiy

10 Years Ago

You are welcome :)
That was very beautiful,I find myself many many times feeling this way wondering if it will ever be,Wondering in a breeze will I ever meet that very 1 as you had said in the poem before we were ever created. And maybe shes out there on a drift of a cloud looking down so looking down. But one things for sure we still have our dreams and we still have a heart that beats.Great write!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rosaria_V

10 Years Ago

Aww thank you so much!! and such true words :)
0000000000000000000000000000

10 Years Ago

Very welcome:)
Great piece, I loved the repetitions in it and I could tell you truly poured your heart out in this one.
Well done :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rosaria_V

10 Years Ago

Aww thank you, and I did haha :)
annabellee

10 Years Ago

you're most welcome :)
I enjoyed your dreamy musings here, a dream of love is never a bad thing to have....dream on. :-)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rosaria_V

10 Years Ago

Thank u so very much!
a very confessional type piece but with a really happy leaning...

as two people lean toward each other at an early age, and find each other years later..still leaning toward each other.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rosaria_V

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much!!!
Keep a light in that window burning and love will find you and I don't believe you will have to wait forever.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rosaria_V

10 Years Ago

Thank you sooooo much :)
I'm not sure how to put it...reading your work restores my faith in dreams, and makes me feel like there is still a place for dreams in this nightmarish world of ours...yes, I'm that pessimistic haha...but how can one not be inspired by one so willing to wear an open heart on their sleeve, and not be afraid to pour out their feelings so unconditionally? You are a true joy to read my friend...dream on :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

kublakhan27

10 Years Ago

Always a pleasure my friend :) I speak from the heart when I say those things...I'll do my best to k.. read more
Rosaria_V

10 Years Ago

As when I write (or review) any of your work, I also speak from the heart, and good haha :)
kublakhan27

10 Years Ago

haha I know you do my friend :)
I really love how you connected love. Your love is palapable in this poem and I like the word choice, and placement of words in your piece. Great job!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rosaria_V

10 Years Ago

awww thank you sooo much!
"A dream is a wish your heart makes"

There is so, so much truth in these words.

I agree with Eddie, you did feel this piece and believe in the power of the words you've written. We do not choose what we dream any more than we choose who we fall in love with, it just happens naturally. I think it is wonderful at your age the wisdom you have, and gentle heart and soul to love selflessly. It is a rare beautiful thing in this day and age, and always a pleasure to read your uplifting pieces that offer hope, leaving me with a smile and a real sense of peace. Job well done, my friend.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rosaria_V

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much Sweet T! xoxo Always so kind

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

644 Views
17 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 7, 2013
Last Updated on September 8, 2013

Author

Rosaria_V
Rosaria_V

NY



About
My name is Rosaria, Rosie for short :) I love to help people and want to be a teacher for children with special needs. This has been a passion of mine forever. ♫♥ Good things comes to th.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..