You Awoke Me

You Awoke Me

A Poem by Rose-Pearl
"

My Poem is a depiction of the first time I acknowledged and acted on my attraction towards another women.

"

You awoke me.

I didn’t mean for it to be you.

You didn’t mean for it to be you.

But you awoke me.

Finally, all my seventh grade emotions came through.

The ones I shoved back so far.

It was slow realization.

I stared at you until I became uncomfortable.

In a millisecond I was questioning everything,

But I knew I needed to talk to you.

It felt right talking to you.

Smiling at you.

Flirting with you.

You awoke me.

Unknowingly through your blushing

Not realizing your effect

But you awoke me.

You will never realize your effect.

You will never know how I held my breath.

You will never know what thoughts ran through my mind.

You will never know how beautiful you were to me.

The look of flustered embarrassed curiosity caught in your eyes.

 the blush on your cheeks bridging over your nose.

your smile and willing giggle.

You will never know how much that moment meant to me.

Because you never called.

© 2016 Rose-Pearl


Author's Note

Rose-Pearl
This is the first writing I've put onto a public form, I truly hope you enjoy it. If you are writing a review with anything homophobic in it, please stop now. It won't help either of us become better writers. Other than that, please tell me what you did or did not enjoy, if things need to get switched around, words changed, ect. Naturally I am a bad speller so if you happen to catch something that is spelt wrong, pretty please correct me. Thank you for your feedback.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I enjoyed reading your poem. You express it in such a way that can invoke emotions from both perspectives i think. Putting myself into the part that did the awakening, i felt the emotions as if you were speaking to me... and i felt the part very well.. so nice work!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rose-Pearl

7 Years Ago

I'm glad I was able to relay the feelings that were going on with that experience, it was such an em.. read more



Reviews

A beautiful emotion captured on paper perfectly. The who's and why's unimportant, the memory of the moment, the awakening reads the same no matter what the language. From the birth of that moment, until it's oft felt end, you capture the emotion, beauty and wonder perfectly. Thank you for sharing.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Rose-Pearl

7 Years Ago

Thank you, I am very glad you enjoyed it, and felt it.
Loved this. I love how you come to realize the whole thing at the end. The curve was amazing. 10/10 lovelovelove

Posted 7 Years Ago


Rose-Pearl

7 Years Ago

Thank you, and trust me, I love how I came to realize it too. Glad you enjoyed it.
I enjoyed reading your poem. You express it in such a way that can invoke emotions from both perspectives i think. Putting myself into the part that did the awakening, i felt the emotions as if you were speaking to me... and i felt the part very well.. so nice work!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rose-Pearl

7 Years Ago

I'm glad I was able to relay the feelings that were going on with that experience, it was such an em.. read more
Well the only spelling mistake I spotted was, spelled. Should be spelt. Like the twist in your poem at the end. The poor lad is probably still regretting not phoning.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rose-Pearl

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much. Fixed spelled into spelt. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

214 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 5, 2016
Last Updated on August 5, 2016
Tags: Sexuality, budding romance, flirting, slight curve, Lesbian, Bi-sexual