Run away

Run away

A Story by Rose Fire
"

A young girl runs away.

"

“No, you are not to go anywhere near that part of town, it is to far away and theres no way to know if you get into trouble, even with friends its not safe,” Mum lectured, 

“Fine, if that’s the way you like it, I won’t go, I’ll sit in my room with no friends, and no life!." I stalked upstairs in a fury, my mother was so infuriating, why does she always have to be so overprotective, I was 16, old enough to be able to go out of the house with friends for one night, nothing would happen to me, but why did she not trust me to be responsible? I climbed out my second story window, down the lattice work and onto the ground, I began running toward the dense forest, knowing someone would notice I was gone soon. The forest was my sanctuary; I always went there when I was upset and needed to get away. 

“BELLE” I heard my name being called. Bingo, knew they would notice soon. “BELLE!” my Father called, he said was going to try and reason with Mum, but I doubt it would work. 

“BELLE, come back, it will be dark soon!.” He bellowed, but I kept running, his voice getting fainter and fainter. I thought I was heading in the direction of the swamp, it was dangerous there but I didn’t care, I just kept running. The forest was usually beautiful and quiet, I normally appreciated the peacefulness more but I was to angry to notice much this time.  Exhausted and slowing down I stumbled upon a rock, catching myself with my hands, I felt the pain rush through me as I grazed both of them and my knees. I stood up and brushed the dirt off and checked the damage I had done. Slowly I concentrated on letting my breath return to normal. I began to feel calm again when I heard a rustling sound, different to the normal sounds of the forests, i swear it sounded almost treacherous. I jumped as I saw something scamper along behind me, I span around but nothing was there. I was  beginning to feel nervous, there was a dangerous feeling in the air, like something shady was happening. I walked forward carefully, looking over my shoulder every now and then. I came to the stream that I sometimes sat by, it was flowing fast today; I leaped across it, landing on the squelchy ground on the opposite bank. Splash! I twirled around, frightened, but it was just a frog swimming frantically in the water. I looked up, the sky was darkening. I started walking again when a butterfly fluttered by me making me jump up about six feet. Damn butterfly, such a thing to frighten me. Stupid, stupid, stupid, I shouldn’t have come this far, I should just turn around and make my way back home, decidedly I turned around, quickening my pace I made my way back in the direction of home, this was a bad idea. I prepared my self to jump across the river, I had walked so far that I had ended further up stream than before and this part of the river was wider and deeper. My footing as sure as it could get I jumped across, just barely making the jump I began to straighten up, but a rock slipped out from underneath my foot, pain shooting through my leg the rest of my body followed, screaming I fell hitting my head on a rock as the freezing river began to pull me away I screamed as I fell in to the freezing river. Getting swept furiously down stream I tried to claw my way to the edge of the river but the current was just to strong, I was being thrown around like a rag doll pain radiating through me I hit something big and hard so fast that it winded me, I began to feel my consciousness slipping away but I forced myself to stay awake even with my eyes getting too heavy. I was almost unconscious when I felt myself being pulled from the water, I tried to open my eyes to see what was happening but everything went dark…

© 2013 Rose Fire


Author's Note

Rose Fire
Wrote this ages ago.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I loved this. so good in details and i could already imagine the pain of the rocks and falling. great stuff! keep it up!

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

253 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 18, 2013
Last Updated on September 18, 2013
Tags: run away, saved, love

Author

Rose Fire
Rose Fire

New York, NY



About
Hi, welcome to my profile! I grew up in Australia and recently moved to New York for an adventure. So far so good! My favorite past time is reading. I find good novels to be inspiring and up-lifting.. more..

Writing
Shattered Shattered

A Story by Rose Fire


Haunted Haunted

A Story by Rose Fire