Through his eyes

Through his eyes

A Poem by Rosary
"

the thoughts that may be going through a suicide bombers head before they finish they're act.

"
[left]
It is my turn, I have to admit that I've been dreading this for awhile.
However, I cant just sit here and watch as more of my friends and family die.
I've seen it happen all too often for it not to have an affect on my mind.
They drag them out of they're homes, they kill our people in they're streets.
My father, yea, he was killed right in front of me just last week.
Seriously do they really think they're doing the right thing.
After all, don't they realize this is our country.
Why won't they let us choose to be, what we choose to be.
Let the fighting and the violence be our's, let us be.
After all don't you have enough mess going on over there of your own.
The torture, the killing, don't you know you reap what you have sown.
So i do it, i strap the bomb to my chest, [click]
For what purpse do i ,honestly, have left.
My family are all dead, my friends yes most of them are also dead.
The most agravating thing is, they are actually trying to put the fualt on my head.
Well I'll show them, yes, I'll give them the wake up call.
Now they will have to see what I saw.
I will bored the plane with my fellow men.
I will go to a better place, and I will see my family again.
I know, I will aquire my reward in heaven.

© 2008 Rosary


Author's Note

Rosary
this is more of a short story then a poem its something i felt i needed to write and im sorry if it offends anyone.

heres a note just to cover some issues that have been thrown up in the reviews.

i am not writing about the bombing in london i am truly sorry for what is going on with that and im sure theres perspectives on both sides on that situation also. im talking more about what the united states is doing. the united states is going down as a whole up to there heads in debt. they spend trillions of dollars sticking there nose into someone elses business. terrorizing people on the other side of the world. they spend so much time and money on the war over there and the war on "drugs" that everything else is going down the tubes. poverty and violence is almost ignored. my brother who is only 17 got beat up to the point of needing to go to the hospital and the people who did it just walked away with the loot. they did nothing about it and thats just a tiny example. unless it makes good enough news no one knows about it and nothing gets done. i can see how someone would get pissed enough to do whatever they could to get revenge and give a wake up call to a shallow country who wont back off.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This poem stirs two very strong feelings in me. Firstly I hate the event it describes and the mind set of the suicide bomber. On the other hand you poem does an excellent job of getting into why the suicide is driven to it. Yet when/if a bomb goes off in London again. I will be filled with rage. I will not be tolerant or understanding to the cause behind it. On the other hand if I were a Palestinian i would not just sit back and take my servitude. And so it goes on.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

You are very brave for writing this and sharing this among WritersCafe...I would expect some hate mail if I ever wrote anything like this...but I get that with any political piece I write. Anyways, I thought this was cleverly written and brilliant use of talent. Just noticed a few spelling errors here and there, but thats been covered in another review. Nicely done, Great Write.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Are you American? If so, i think it's very brave of you to examine the situation from this perspective, as so many of your fellow citizens are harshly critical of any piece even remotely sympathetic with 'terrorists'.
So firstly, well done for that.

The situation is so complex. The West went in there, motivated by selfish motives, but also to try and help [e.g. Saddam Hussein's human rights abuse, poison gas used aginat Kurds]. We've made it worse. We can pull out and leave the country to it [and we'll be hated] or we can stay and try to fix the mess we contributed to [of which we're doing a poor job, so again will be hated]. I think some apologising is in order, to the citizens who've done nothing wrong, which might appease some of the militants a little, which could aid our attempts to help Iraq rule itself again. Closing Guantamano would be a good start.

Like this poem, i can relate to a suicide bomber's feeling of despair and frustration. Obviously, violence to combat our ignorance and violence isn't going to solve the situation, but I can understand why people are doing it.

The narrator of your poem has lost everyone he/she loved, and has been told that they'll be reunited through this destructive act. You really conveyed that here.

Nice work.


p.s. a few typos:
"for it not to have an affect on my mind." [effect]
"They drag them out of they're homes, they kill our people in they're streets." [they're = their]
"For what purpse do i ,honestly" [purpose]
"actually trying to put the fualt on my head" [fault]
"I will bored the plane with my fellow men." [board]


Posted 15 Years Ago


this poem is powerful. i feel the sadness and the rage within each sylable. great work.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

=[ so sad...but well written....god I hate reading stuff like this lately...it depresses me so much...but it can't be ignored...very good write.

Lizz

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I get the point that you do not want America to stir up violence by being violent. I do think the issues are more complicated then they appear. You have done a good job at showing the mind set of a bomber. But is still say there are much better ways for any one to deal with issues. Gaundi did better then the bombers and there are still other ways. Very skillful writing .

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

the word [click] is very strong...more in this vein might word well...perhaps he visualises the ingredients of the device, the moment of explosion, his own viscera disintigrating...perhaps he wonders about the moment. The aggravating line is a bit long. But that [click] gives it a chilling immediacy. He composes himself for the camera, for the video, before he goes to his doom. The more I think about it though, the more I think it is a pointless tactic. An intelligent and determined individual could make far more mischief by staying alive. Maybe the ones who strap the belts on are ... Hmm, I don't know what they are when I think about it. And increasingly they are hers not hims, women. Check out 'Give Me Death' by John Fullerton.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This is a good start; althoug you couldve watched your meter; your ryhme skeme wasn't consistant. Your flow was slightly off. This part:

My family is dead, My friends our DEAD,
and they're trying to put the fault on MY head.

-You can un capitalize dead and my, it's not needed.

Good start, I'd give it a 7 or 7.5 out of 10.

~BD

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This poem stirs two very strong feelings in me. Firstly I hate the event it describes and the mind set of the suicide bomber. On the other hand you poem does an excellent job of getting into why the suicide is driven to it. Yet when/if a bomb goes off in London again. I will be filled with rage. I will not be tolerant or understanding to the cause behind it. On the other hand if I were a Palestinian i would not just sit back and take my servitude. And so it goes on.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This touched me. Its very very sad. You have done a wonderful job capturing emotion

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

this is incredible it made me so sad

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

342 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 3, 2008
Last Updated on May 15, 2008

Author

Rosary
Rosary

Charleston, SC



About
an assortment of colors cascade into a melodramitic painting on a canvas that is my life note: all the paintings in my profile can be found on the site: http://www.originalartonline.com more..

Writing
The Cell The Cell

A Book by Rosary


entry entry

A Chapter by Rosary


a familiar face a familiar face

A Chapter by Rosary



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


04.Lovely me 04.Lovely me

A Poem by pal