a nurses sweet smile

a nurses sweet smile

A Chapter by Rosary
"

a first glance at insanity

"

Lynn starred at the doorway "As long as Ive been in this room Ive been ok" she thought to herself. "minus my head"  a swelling migraine had now joined the knot on her forehead in a lovely cocktail of seering pain."If we venture out there who knows what might happen" lynn continued her thought as she drifted her fearful gaze toward her husband looking for assurance.

"Dont worry you know I won't let anything happen to you" he responded to her gaze"All we have to do is find the exit and  go to whatever place is closest". He said this of course knowing by his journey so far they may not find the exit. Lynn looked into her husbands reassureing eyes and decided to trust him after all he had already been out there. She knew inside however he had seen something that wasnt right on his way here.

 

As they stepped into the hallway it didnt seem to have an end. To the left of them was what looked like a nurse station from decades ago cased in a very thick glass. lynns curious side got the best of her and she reached for the doorknob. All the sudden a flash of pictures entered her mind and a feeling like nothing she had ever felt before. she saw nurses handing pills through the slot to obviously over drugged patients. she saw one paticular nurse over and over again that looked like she was starring at her, with a cold and heartless stare. lynn started to breathe heavily when something calmed her down she saw a nurse coming towards her with a heartfelt smile and almost a glow like an angel behind her."May I help you?" the nurse asked her with a sweet caring voice."Yes..." she tried to respond when all the sudden what seemed like her hand slit the nurses neck with a long shard of glass. As the nurse fell to the floor she held her throat as blood started to poor down her hands and stained her name tag and almost 20s style nursing outfitt. Lynn screamed with sheer feer and dissuration. All the sudden the nurse dissapeared and she was looking at an unopened door with her hand that she had held the doorknob with being jerked away by her husband.

 



© 2008 Rosary


Author's Note

Rosary
not perfect i know but tell me what you think

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

sorry to take a while. as I write and you read there will be people in various rooms, real or imagined, going through various disturbed and disturbing states of mind...some trying to write poems perhaps! I sometimes wonder if these states are sort of dream states that invade our consciousness and can't be turned off. Of course a writer needs them, but not all the time perhaps! You did a great job cranking up the panic here.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Some run on sentences but thats ok. A little gory for my taste haha but it's nice and creepy if that's what you were trying to achieve. I like it, it makes me wanna read more. That would be a great story to read on Halloween :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


Good writing skills. I mean you seem to be able to dance your words into many different movements adding mystery to the piece. It reminds me of a cross between Sherlock Holmes and twilight zone. You have amazing talent Rose.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Whoa! Its like those insane places that are hauted by the insane people who were probed and tested on!Ooo, gosbumps! Great job, I'm waiting for the chapter.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

337 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 23, 2008
Last Updated on June 23, 2008


Author

Rosary
Rosary

Charleston, SC



About
an assortment of colors cascade into a melodramitic painting on a canvas that is my life note: all the paintings in my profile can be found on the site: http://www.originalartonline.com more..

Writing
The Cell The Cell

A Book by Rosary


entry entry

A Chapter by Rosary


a familiar face a familiar face

A Chapter by Rosary



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


04.Lovely me 04.Lovely me

A Poem by pal