Years Pass and Itachi Returns

Years Pass and Itachi Returns

A Chapter by Rose
"

This is the story of the last three members of the Uchiha clan and their friends from other clans; eg. the Uzumaki clan.

"

Chapter 31 - Years Pass and Itachi Returns

 

After a few years - Lilly was now 10 years old - Itachi had been missing after the day off from school - that Iruka had allowed her to have. Nobody had seen or heard from him since, but she just assumed that he was busy helping out the Akatsuki, pretending to be the bad guy that everyone in the village believed him to be. Itachi wasn't a bad guy, he was one of the more honourable and gentle guys a person would ever meet, but only certain people knew that, his brother and sister being two of them.

 

**********

 

Kakashi was working with Sakura and some others, determined to figure out a way to stop the Akatsuki coming after Naruto, and Orochimaru coming after Sasuke again.

"We need to figure out how to prevent this..." He sighed.

"Then we mustn't let either of them out the village." Tsunade suggested.

"That will be hard..." Sakura sighed. "Naruto loves going outside the village, and Sasuke goes out the village to help Lilly train."

"She's right..." Kakashi nodded. "There must be some other way." He looked up to the ceiling and started to think.

"We'll just have to ask them what they are willing to let us do to protect them." Tsunade stated.

"That's the only option." Kakashi agreed.

 

**********

 

Lilly was at home, studying, as Iruka had told her that there would be a test of some sort for them today. She had no idea what the test was. She wondered if it was finally her chance to graduate and become an actual Genin ninja.

"What you up to?" Cecilia smiled, coming in.

"Studying." Lilly smiled, stating out the obvious.

"You've got a test coming up then." Cecilia smiled, looking over her shoulder, to see exactly what it was she was studying. She was studying about all the different clans within the area, and what each clan could do, Kekki Genkai, or not.

"There doesn't seem to be much information on the Uchiha clan in the school books." Lilly sighed. "It's like the clan was erased from the history of the village, or something like that. All the books seem to say, is that the Uchiha clan has the Kekki Genkai of the Sharingan, and that once they have killed someone they love, the end up with the Mangekyo Sharingan. It doesn't seem to mention anything about the clan being the head of the police force within the village."

"I see that..." Cecilia sighed softly. "I'm sure you'll know about it anyway."

"I do... but only because Itachi and Sasuke told me about it. Itachi was supposed to become the next head of the police, after dad had retired, but he didn't."

"Why?" Cecilia wondered.

"I have no idea... They never told me." She sighed softly, closing her book, putting it away in her bag. She had felt like she had done enough studying for one day.

 

As Lilly and Cecilia sat in Lilly's room, talking about the test that was coming up, Sasuke eavesdropped on their conversation, hiding his chakra so neither of them could know he was there. He never usually did that, but ever since he had received the cursed mark from Orochimaru, he had been acting slightly... strange.

"Hey Sasuke!" A voice said, coming up behind him. Of course... Naruto.

"What is it Naruto?" Sasuke sighed, slightly annoyed. Naruto was seeming to annoy and anger Sasuke more easily now, however, most people just assumed it to be because of that mark.

"How's Lilly doing with her training and studying?" He wondered.

"Fine. She's the top of the class at the academy. However, that's not a big surprise. Both Itachi and I were the top of the class as well." Sasuke smirked, and it didn't seem to be him at all.

"What's gotten into you Sasuke?" Naruto questioned. He had never known Sasuke to be this out of character.

"Power." Sasuke smirked, walking past him, heading outside.

 

After Sasuke had left, Lilly opened her door and looked out, seeing Naruto. She had clearly heard voices outside her room, while her and Cecilia had been talking.

"What's going on Naruto?" She questioned.

"Something isn't right with Sasuke." He sighed.

"I know... I've noticed it as well." Cecilia stated, coming out behind Lilly.

"Now you mention it... He hasn't been the same much." She sighed. "He's been rather mean to me..." She looked down, as a small tear fell.

"Don't cry Lilly." Naruto smiled softly, hugging her gently.

"Everything will go back to the way it was before all this. Sasuke will be his old self and Itachi will be home and always around." Cecilia smiled, trying to think about the positive things that would happen.

"I hope you're right Cecilia." Lilly sniffled, drying her eyes.

 

**********

 

Sasuke walked around the village alone, after having listened in on Lilly and Cecilia's conversation, and being snappy to Naruto. He didn't know what was going on, all he knew was that the cursed mark he had on his shoulder, hurt like hell. He knew who had given him the mark, but he didn't know what it done. All he knew is it gave him more power. Power to maybe defeat his brother.

"Itachi... We shall fight... Soon..." Sasuke smirked, talking to himself, before suddenly, getting tied up. "What the hell?!" He exclaimed, before seeing Naruto, Kakashi, Sakura and the Hokage herself, Tsunade.

"We need to stop that cursed mark." Tsunade sighed.

"I thought you were with Lilly... Naruto." Sasuke growled slightly.

"I was and you have no idea how much you are hurting her right now!" Naruto growled, allowing the Kyuubi to take over a little, as his eyes were the Kyuubi's and not his usual blue. "Snap out of it!" His voice sounded rather demonic, clearly the Kyuubi wasn't happy with seeing Lilly being hurt by her own brother. "Or I'll snap you out of it!"

"Calm down Naruto..." Sakura spoke in a soft voice, placing her hand on his shoulder. "Sasuke we want you back as you're old self. This isn't you..."

"You're right." Sasuke said, looking down. "This isn't me... This is the new and improved me..." He looked up, grinning, having activated his Sharingan eyes.

"Genjutsu! Watch out!" Sakura shouted, knowing very well what he was going to do. She, Kakashi and Tsunade managed to break Sasuke Sharingan Genjutsu, but Naruto was the worse at Genjutsu, so he was stuck.

"Sakura! Naruto! Help him!" Kakashi shouted, managing to still keep Sasuke trapped.

"Right!" She went over to Naruto and slapped him, getting him free from the Genjutsu.

He rubbed his cheek, blinking confusedly, looking around. "Oww... What happened?"

"Genjutsu." Tsunade answered, helping the jinchuuriki up.

"Ah... I suck when it comes to Genjutsu." He sighed, looking over at Sasuke, who Kakashi had knocked out.

"We know." Kakashi sighed, picking Sasuke up in his arms. "Now we need to figure a way to stop this cursed mark, so he is back to normal, at least until we can remove it."

"You tried sealing it before Sensei." A voice said, walking over to them. "But it didn't work... it wasn't going to work..." A young kunoichi appeared.

"Lilly... What are you doing here?" Naruto blinked, looking over at her.

"I'm worried about my big brother. Itachi has been missing for almost 3 years now, and Sasuke has had that cursed mark for 3 years also. I'm worried about what will happen..." She sighed softly.

"Nothing will happen." Kakashi said, reassuringly, smiling under his mask. "I promise you that."

 

*********

 

Itachi woke up within the Akatsuki HQ, looking around. He knew he was a member and he knew he had missions to do, relating to capturing the tailed-beasts, but what he didn't know, was why his head seemed to hurt and he was tied up.

"What's going on?" The Uchiha demanded to know. "Let me go!"

"We can't do that Itachi." Kisame smirked. "Bosses orders."

"Tell Pain to get here now. I want to speak with him." Itachi growled, his Sharingan eyes already active.

"Pain isn't the one in charge... Not just now anyway." Konan said, appearing beside Kisame.

"Who is?" Itachi questioned.

"I am." A voice sounded, seemingly to have a evil, yet pleased tone to his voice.

"Why you..." Itachi growled. "What do you want?!"

"Your clan... Completely gone." The figure smirked. "Including you."

"I won't let that happen!" Itachi growled, going to use his Mangekyo Sharingan to trap them within a Genjutsu, but couldn't, as Kisame put a blindfold over his eyes.

"Now you can't use that Mangekyo Sharingan of yours." The figure laughed, before vanishing, along with the others.

 

**********

 

Sasuke had been placed in the Hokage's care, until they knew how to get rid of the cursed mark. They weren't wanting Lilly getting upset from him, because the cursed mark was making him seem different, and wanting power.

"Lilly..." Iruka spoke.

"Yes Sensei." She sighed a little, looking up at him.

"Until Lord Hokage knows how to remove the cursed mark from your brother, Naruto will be looking after you, along with Cecilia." He told her, and she just nodded, letting him know she understood.

"Alright."

"You get on well with them, and they care about you." Iruka smiled, patting her head. "Anyway, tomorrow I want you to try the final exam, I know it's a bit too early for someone your age to do it, but if you pass it, then until the rest of the class sit the exam as well, you will be able to go on missions with Team 7, until the rest of the class is assigned their proper teams. Kakashi has said that would be okay for you to help them out, especially if Sasuke is still the same."

"Thank you." She smiled softly. "I appreciate this Sensei." She said, giving him a gentle hug.

"You're very welcome." He smiled, hugging her back. "Now go on. I know you'll want to try your hardest tomorrow." He chuckled.

"Bye Sensei." She smiled, heading off home.

 

As she walked home alone, Jynx appeared out of the trees, smirking and seeming a bit too happy. Lilly had no idea what she was so happy about so she simply just asked her.

"What's up Jynx? Why do you seem so happy?" She questioned her friend.

"I just heard that you're getting to take the final exam tomorrow. I know you'll pass." She grinned, giving her a hug.

"Thanks..." She smiled a little, hugging her back.

"Whatsup?" Jynx questioned, a hint of worry in her voice.

"Nothing." Lilly sighed.

"Don't be like that Lilly." A voice said from behind her. "What's wrong? We're all friends here." The figure stepped beside her, revealing himself. Michael. Michael Uzumaki. The class idiot. However, unlike Naruto, he wasn't as dumb as him, in fact, Michael was kind of smart.

"It's just my brother isn't acting like himself anymore, and well... I'm worried about him." The young Uchiha sighed.

"I'm sure he'll be alright Lil." Jynx smiled, trying to cheer her up. "He'll be back to himself in nae time." She said.

"I really hope so." She looked down at her Uchiha clan necklace. Ever since the day off she had received, she had decided to never go anywhere without it. Not even if it was just about the house. She would always wear the necklace no matter what.

"Everything will be alright Lilly. I know it will." Michael smiled, hugging both girls in a group hug, before heading off. "I'll see you both tomorrow at the academy." Then just like that, Michael was nowhere to be seen.

"I gotta go also Lil. However, I'll see ya the morra." Jynx grinned, before heading off, leaving Lilly to walk home, on her own, once again.

 

*********

 

As night fell, darkness grew over the lands, and chaos began once again. The Akatsuki were heading into Konoha, hoping to capture the three tails, while he wasn't himself. They had stupidly brought Itachi along, tied up, and blindfolded, but he was able to recognise some of the people's chakra within the village, mainly that of the nine-tails jinchuuriki, who was training nearby the Hokage's office.

"Naruto..." Itachi thought to himself. "Warn Sasuke and get him out of here!" He wished he could tell Naruto that himself, but he knew if he dared try, the Akatsuki would just go straight after him, as well as Sasuke and Lilly.

 

Itachi had no idea what to do, he wanted to be able to help somehow, but with his hands tied and his eyes blindfolded, he was helpless and he hated it. Would he be able to get free? Even he didn't know the answer to that.



© 2013 Rose


Author's Note

Rose
If there is anything that you think could be made better; grammar, spelling, ideas, etc. please feel free to leave your ideas and changes in comments please and I will take them into consideration and possible change it to what you suggest. This is kind of a Naruto fan fiction, so anything that relates to Naruto I don't take any credit for those things.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

As Lilly and Cecilia sat in Lilly's room, talking about the test that was coming up, Sasuke eavesdropped on their conversation, hiding his chakra so neither of them could know he was their.
Their should be there.
He never usually done that, but ever since he had received the cursed mark from Orochimaru, he had been acting slightly... strange.
Done=did
I think your writing is improving =]

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rose

11 Years Ago

Yay thanks :3



Reviews

Cool :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rose

11 Years Ago

Yay!
As Lilly and Cecilia sat in Lilly's room, talking about the test that was coming up, Sasuke eavesdropped on their conversation, hiding his chakra so neither of them could know he was their.
Their should be there.
He never usually done that, but ever since he had received the cursed mark from Orochimaru, he had been acting slightly... strange.
Done=did
I think your writing is improving =]

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rose

11 Years Ago

Yay thanks :3

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

460 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 9, 2012
Last Updated on January 25, 2013

The Uchiha's

54

By Rose

55

By Rose

56

By Rose

57

By Rose

58

By Rose

59

By Rose

60

By Rose

61

By Rose

62

By Rose

63

By Rose

64

By Rose

65

By Rose

66

By Rose

67

By Rose

68

By Rose

69

By Rose

70

By Rose


Author

Rose
Rose

Edinburgh, West Lothian, United Kingdom



Writing