Editing thing

Editing thing

A Story by Rose
"

Something I'm editing for a friend

"

Blare Dragon Speech Guide

"Red" = Blare

 

"Pink" = Rose

 

"Purple" = Jynx

 

"Orange" = Morgan

 

"Yellow" = Paradox

 

"Dark Blue" = Alexis

 

"Cyan" = Blaze

 

"Gray" = Non-Official Characters e.g. officers, radio etc..

 

 

 

(more character colors will be added as they are introduced)

A Dying Legend

(Prologue)

 

Countless millennium ago there was a large and wealthy kingdom. Everyone lived in peace and harmony. Everyone was happy but as everybody know happiness doesn't last forever. 

 

Flames, screams, death, blood and horror. Not a living thing was safe. It would either capture you or make you do its bidding, kill you so that you wouldn't get in its way or it would absorb your power making it all the more unstoppable. It claimed the souls of thousands possibly millions of people over the years but. It came to an end when a powerful warrior known as 'Barer Of The Blade' obtained the legendary blade known as the 'Silver Dragon Sword'. And after a long and bloody war killed the bloodthirsty beast within a legendary battle, finally sealing it away in an eternal prison within a different realm… Or so he thought.

 

Centuries after this legendary battle a small village and a new era came into being. All knowledge of the old kingdom was forgotten and told to children as bedtime stories. The old battlefield between the warrior and the dragon was now a simple forest. On his way back from a week long journey did an old traveler come across a mysterious object. A stone of sorts. Captured by its beauty he picked it up and took it with him. The stone was a fine jet color; black crystals covered the entire surface of the stone so he thought that it must be worth something. He picked it up and popped it in his coat pocket. He returned to his family that night, he showed the stone to them. They all agreed that it did look valuable. To sell it at the market would help the family a lot since in this time money was hard to come by and most of the land still lived in poverty. In a few days the market would arrive in the village so selling the stone wouldn't be that hard. To keep the stone safe the old man kept it in a drawer next to his bed. One night before the market arrived something strange happened. Something inexplicable. During the night the man kept waking up with an irritating sound of a vibration but whenever he woke up the humming stopped. When he found it after searching for a few minutes in pitch blackness it burnt his hand with a searing flame. The stone shook. It fell to the ground next to the man’s bed and shattered into pieces. Seconds after the stone shattered a tornado like wind started to smoke out and began choking up the room when suddenly out of nowhere it all vanished. Standing in front of the scared stiff man was a floating blue aura as still as a lagoon on an uncharted island. Mesmerized the man reached out to touch it. As soon as he did it exploded. No sound came from it. Just a ball of light floated around the room and finally set next to the man’s face. A rough and frightful voice came from the ball of light.

 

“Mortal… are you the one that has saved my soul and set me free?”

The man didn't say anything. He just nodded slowly in confusion.

“I thank you kindly but I was just defeated moments ago in a battle. I am not yet strong enough to take physical form.”

The spirit paused for a second then decided to reward the man.

“As a gift for setting me free I will bestow my powers within a future heir… that heir will have complete control of my power and will be able to control my wrath at a future time.” Just as the man was about to talk after summoning the courage to say a word the spirit from the ball of light receded back and then everything was silent. Until the man screamed out in pain as the ball of light exploded and with an incredible amount of force thrusted him through the wall with an almighty crash.

As soon as his family woke up they came dashing into the room. The man lay there with a beam of wood right through his chest. He was bleeding heavily and would be dead within a matter of minutes. The man’s son ran over to him and comforted him in his last moments. The boy lent over to his father’s side and grasped his hand.

“Who…” the boy paused in shock of a few moments then finished his sentence.

“Who did this to you?”

The boy’s father only managed to say a few words before passing away. The only words the man managed to say were, ‘future heir’. After the man said those final words to his son and the family were silent for a few seconds to respect their father and husband going onto another life but the boy still lay next to his dead father thinking the 2 words in his head… ‘Future heir’. The two words rattled around in the boys mind for the rest of his young days before deciding he was going to leave. He was now eighteen and ready to avenge his father.

“I will find who did this and I will bring them to justice”.  He said to his mother hugging her as she wept in his arms.

 

The boy spent countless years going from town to city to village asking people about recent criminals and the crimes they committed but he never came close. Fortunately on his travels he came across a woman who later in his life he married and had three kids, two girls and a boy. The girls went on to live away in the city but the young boy became obsessed with his father’s stores so went on to become a famous traveler. He inherited all of his fathers other positions including a list with the most wanted criminals to avenge his grandfather’s mysterious death. Five thousand years passed but not a sign of an heir but when the heir did arrive the power he inherited almost destroyed him for good.

Blare Yuki-Kaiba

 

“Hay C’mon guys were gonna be late.”

“We wouldn't be if Blare would stop stoppin’ at every friggin’ opportunity.”

Friendship is a wonderful thing. The bonds strangers together in a bond they will likely bond they will never forget. It gives people feelings that words can’t describe. It brings many things throughout its path. Love and trust, fear and hope, Loss and pain but yet it makes the world spin.

 

Rose and Jynx were two of my closest friends. Rose seemed to be from what seemed a million different backgrounds. She was demon, vampire, wolf, human and so much more but those are the ones she used or was in most of the time.

 

Jynx was simpler. Just half wolf and that was it but that didn't stop her from doing anything stupid or reckless.

 

The three of us were like the tightest rubber band if one was in trouble, Jynx normally, then all three would be in the situation.

 

I  was the tall one, with a height of just tipping 6"00, I was the one who everyone relied on well... almost everyone.

 

I mostly wore silver looking jackets for a reason only I knew, (made me feel like a silver dragon) the occasional jeans and the everyday casual trainers and T-Shirt. Rose always wore the same reddish blood jacket and no matter the weather she would wear it: snow, sun, rain, thunder & lightning you name it, she'll be wearing it.

 

The three of us were on our way to a duel monsters tournament that Jynx got us into for a birthday gift. We didn't have the same birthday, I was born one year and one day in-front of Rose. I wasn't all that interested in the game I just liked reading and that's pretty much it. Maybe the occasional walk for miles on end and the not coming home till two days later kind of thing. I was very resourceful. You could give me a wooden box, a pair of scissors and a fork and I could make you a radio so I was good in survival situations. Despite all of these abilities I was still saddened by the fact that Rose, Jynx and all my other family and friends had their extraordinary powers.

 

Rose, Jynx and I were all going to enter the tournament but there was one problem. I wasn't interested so I sold my ticket online for a bit of cash but I didn't tell the others about any of it, I would rather buy a book about dragons than try to win a tournament I probably wouldn't win.

 

"There it is!" Jynx shouted and getting everyone's attention in the process.

"What time is it!?" Rose asked panicking.

"About three maybe four-ish" I replied unsure.

"What about your watch ?" Rose and Jynx said at the same time scarily.

I shrugged in confusion.

Rose sighed and grabbed me by the arm with a firm grasp.

"Well we better get a move on." She smiled after looking at Jynx and getting another of her ideas.

"Ok then. Move it Dragon Boy" Jynx laughed and turned into wolf form. I gulped in a concerning way.

"Eah... we’re not going to..." Rose as quick as a flash cut me off and using her speed ability got me onto Jynx's back.

"Yes we are."

Laughing all the way, at me hurling all the way and my constant yelling in pain, Rose, Jynx and I were on our way to Dultino City.

Battles and Brothers

 

Laughter, happiness, Children running everywhere and then unforgettable smell of the ice-cream stand next to Dultino Stadium. The hundreds if not thousands of people ready to battle or watch were queued for what seemed like a mile but luckily Rose and Jynx didn't have to wait in that line. the registration was just next to the main entrance.

 

"I'll see you two soon. Ok" I said to the girls.

"Why? where are you going" Jynx asked curiously.

"I thought you were in the tournament with us that's why I got you the ticket." Rose complained.

The questions and the thoughts came flooding in like a flash flood in the Amazon Rain forest in the middle of the wet season. Question after question after question both girls asked me. Eventually I came through with an excuse.

"I lost my ticket and I didn't want to tell you because I thought you wouldn't like me anymore." I looked at them with an ashamed face but I was faking the whole time. It was only a few hours ago that online I sold my ticket to an old friend of mine who was obsessed with these kinds of things.

"Are you serious" Jynx talked to me as if I was stupid.

"Why would I hate you for losing a ticket for a tournament that I got for free?"

"WHAT !?!?" Came a furious voice from behind them

Rose came over furious out of her mind and gave Jynx the fright of her life. Jynx hadn't told Rose that the tickets were from a paper coupon. As far as Rose knew Jynx went through hell to get those tickets but after a while she calmed down and reasoned with it because it couldn't be changed now. They were seconds away from getting ready and they were all registers. Well all who were participating.

 

After a few moments of the announcers getting into their place and all the staff getting ready and the stage had been set up everyone flooded in as excited as ever but Rose, Jynx and I stood outside.

"I'll be back in an hour or two. Good luck in your tournament."

I shook both Jynx and Rose’s hands as if to say goodbye but I was only waiting for them to come out of the tournament.

"See ya' soon Dragon-Boy" Laughed Jynx in a friendly and non insulting way.

"Yeah" I replied and I went towards the park for a long, relaxing and well needed break.

 

Dultino City wasn't the best city in the world but it was a good place for a break: it had a few cafes, a school, a swimming pool, a shopping centre, a library and the city's very own Dultino Park. The bigger cities were much better and had way more stuff to do.

 

I was on my way to Dultino Park so I decide to take the shortcut through the lane between the library and the cafe when I stopped in my tracks.

"No... it... it can’t be ? could it."

It rattled in my mind until I got enough courage to go up and ask the man.

Concern and confusion filled my voice as I asked "Bro... is that you ?"

Dultino Park Panic

 

The mysterious figure turned round with a delighted face and a voice that sounded like a child at Christmas.

"Blare... Oh my god I can’t believe it's you it’s been forever since I last saw you bro."

My brother swung me round in circles like a school girl reunion.

"Hay bro. Yeah it has been a long time. What you doing here i thought you were in Egypt. ?" I hadn't seen my brother Morgan in six months after he left on my last birthday to go to Egypt on a once in a life time expedition through the ruins of a forbidden mountain pass where a legendary battle once took place.

"I was but I came back early because of our extraordinary find."

"Extraordinary find?" I was as curious as I was excited. I had so many questions bottled up inside, I was about to blow my top like a volcano but instead I waited till I was calm and I asked my brother if he wanted to go with me.

"Say Morgan ? Do you want to go a walk with me round the park ? We could find a bench on one of the paths and you could tell me about your find?"

Morgan paused for a while.

"Sure. Why not."

"Sweet. Then later we can go see how Jynx and Rose get on in their tournament at the Dultino Stadium."

The knowledge that Jynx and Rose were there excited Morgan a little.

"Oah! My little sister is here to ?"

"She sure is."

 

It was Morgan and Rose that were brother and sister because of the blood they shared through their clans of the vampire side they both shared. It could be three hundred generations that separated them, it could be three thousand. No matter how long the time is. All vampires of the same clan are brothers and sisters. Morgan and I are brothers but not by blood but by parents. Morgan was infected by a vampire when he was younger but I stayed away from him so I didn't get infected. Rose was already born into the clan by having parents that had been in their clan for centuries. 

"Shall we get going then?"

"Sure."

 

On their way to the park Morgan noticed a few people heading out of the stadium so impatiently he halted me.

"What is it?" I asked in a sarcastic voice because of Morgan thrusting his arm into

 my chest.

"I want to see if Jynx and Rose got put out early"

I walked on childishly and talked back to Morgan

"They aren't that bad. C'mon"

"Fine" Morgan replied convinced.

 

The two continued to the park and entered the front gate. Dultino Park was the best there ever was. Especially in spring and summer time. Hot-dog stands, ice-cream stands, ponds, streams, a gigantic lake in the middle full of ducks and swans, paths to walk along, benches if you get tired and also it was impossible to miss a dog bin. It was like old people heaven.

 

Morgan and I took the long route around the entire park to waste time and so that Morgan could tell his entire story about his expedition in Egypt.

"Me and my crew started in the Valley of Kings were it was rumoured the ancient pharaohs were buried. We dug for days before a cavern collapsed and revealed itself to us. We decided to enter it and it turned out to be a secret chamber to Atem's tomb. Atem was an ancient pharaoh who fought in many battles over his reign and maintained a good age before giving rule of Egypt to his son. Anyway when we got to the end of the chamber there was an inscription telling us Atem's final battle before he stopped his reign. It told the story of a terrible dragon who killed millions and killed an old man who would bring to this world the heir."

 

I stopped in my tracks and said one word. Dratina.

"Blare...BLARE !!!" Morgan shouted at the top of his voice as I fell to the ground with a tremendous thud and passed out with no warning.

Morgan looked around to see if anyone had hit me from behind but there was no one for a fair bit. There was a bench near by so Morgan propped me on his shoulder and carried me to it where he lay me on it gently and sat me upright. 

"Blare... can you hear me?"

Morgan got no response from my cold motionless body.

Panicking, Morgan didn't know what to do so he ran for the stadium as fast as he could to get the only two people he knew would help.

Revisiting the Past

 

I awoke in a room with a throbbing headache. I rubbed the back of my head and thought, 'Again...Not again...' A familiar face was to the right of my bed. Rose had stayed awake all night, watching over me - like a hawk to its prey, only she didn't want to eat me.

 

"How are you feeling?" She asked concerned, while handing me a glass of water.

"Like a brain-dead zombie. Why?" Rose had a cold and saddened look in her eyes.

"You gave us all quite a scare. Jynx and I were just getting ready to duel, when Morgan came in and told us what had happened to you." She went on about what had all happened for what seemed like ages, but it was all gibberish to me. The only thing that I could think of now was my dream.

 

"Rose..." I asked curiously. "How long have you been sitting there?" The question popped into my mind, after seeing a stale sandwich next to her.

"All night."

I looked at her with a disappointing and sad look.

"You didn't have to y'a know"

"So!" Rose shrugged

"I'm thankful and all but it's just..." Rose put her hands on my shoulders and looked me right in the eye.

"You know I like you and I wouldn't want anything bad to happen to you."

I reached out to hug her but Rose rejected. Instead she held my neck and went closer. It was inevitable until a strange voice came from the door.

 

"Ah-hem!" Rose instantly shot back to her sitting up position.

"Were you two just about to... ? "

"NO!" Rose snapped before she got to finish the sentence.

Rose stood up and nudged Jynx's shoulder on the way out.

"I was just going to hug him." She said in a sarcastic tone.

I looked at Jynx and shrugged.

"Sisterly love" I laughed.

 

A familiar voice came from the kitchen

"Lunch is ready you goof-balls"

Morgan always insulted everyone when he could but it was always for a joke and he never meant any of it.

Jynx looked at Blare and shrugged.

"We better go."

"You feeling Ok ? "

"Yeah" I replied with a smile.

They both got up and walked through the door to a welcoming lunch.

Destination of Destruction

 

I sat in a deep thought swirling my sausage in the egg yolk. For lunch Morgan had made eggs, sausage and bacon. Jynx and Morgan were happily eating away and chatting about old times as they hasn't seen each other in five years. Rose however was looking at my thoughts. Rose had the ability to read her enemies thoughts and figure out their strategies, but this time she was trying to help me in my troubles.

 

Why did it have to be me ?, What am I supposed to do now ?, I don't want to hurt my friends, I  will never become you.

 

Rose suddenly jumped in her seat as if she had just gotten a ten thousand volt shock. Everybody looked at her with a worrying sense - especially me.

"You Ok Rose ?"

"Y-Y-Yeah" Her voice was in a state of shock.

Morgan broke the silence with a few words.

"Jynx could you wash the dishes and Rose, could you make sure Blare is ok to travel."

"Where are you going big Bro?" Blare asked curiously

"I'm going down to pay for the night."

Everyone nodded in agreement as nobody had any money. That's why Rose and Jynx entered the tournament. The prize for first and second would have come to £7,500 and that would have gotten us set for the next few weeks or at least until we could all find a job.

 

After Morgan had went down and paid for the night. The four of us set out to the town square to see the Regional map. No one knew where to go. We all suggested different things. I wanted to go back to my home town of Grader Village but that would be a three day walking trip and not one of the guys had any camping gear. Morgan and Jynx suggested the nearest city. Kultios City. Rose just went with whatever was the most preferred. With no arguments we all set off to Kultios City.

 

On the way down the road Jynx and Morgan - as usual - were talking about their crazy adventures and catching up over the years. Rose however was still really worried. She tried to get close to me but every time she gathered the courage I looked at her with an anxious look then it all shattered away until she decided ‘This is it.’ and walked right over to me and started the conversation.

 

"Er-mm... Blare?" Rose asked shyly.

I looked at her with a troubling look.

"How come you are in so much shock after having this dream?"

"Well..."

I explained the whole story on the way to Kultios City.

 

"Every time I go to sleep I have the same dream over and over and over again. I appear as a spirit wandering over this ancient Egyptian town roughly five thousand years in the past but that's not the strangest part. The town is in flames and all i hear is screams and falling rubble, now that bit goes on for a few minutes until the smoke clears and in the distance there are a pair of gleaming blood red eyes. In its mouth there are what look like people's remains and live children. Despite there being so much blood its teeth are diamond like: shiny and white with no scratches. It takes to the skies and burns down whatever remains standing barbecuing anything in its way. After everything is over time kind of speeds up until i see a brief shadow of the dragon getting killed and a small jet black stone is lying on a road. Later after a few more minutes of the dream a man picks it up and takes it with him. I follow him back to his house where he is later killed by a flash of light and then a spirit comes out of the house and flies right into my spirit body. I feel an intense shock of power surging through my body and that's when I wake up."

 

Rose looked at him with great concern. 

"Two spirits colliding can be a very dangerous thing."

"How ?" I asked surprisingly

"Well it's hard to explain" Rose answered back directly

"Let's just say that's how a lot of demons pass through the Shadow Realm and into mortal bodies so that they can relive and kill more victims." I look at her with a smile

"So I c-could get p-powers finally"

"Maybe but be careful" Rose took my hand

"You might lose yourself in all of the power you gain"

Those words stuck in my mind for the rest of the journey. I knew what she meant but at the same time I didn't.

 

It took a few hours to get to Kultios City but when we did there came a shocking surprise.

"Right I have told you all a hundred times not one of you is getting past this barricade!"

 

Morgan, Jynx, Rose and I all ran up to see what all the commotion was about.

"Wh-What is this all about?" Morgan shouted to the police officer.

 

"There was a massive explosion last night and 5 teenagers were injured: also there is one missing.

 

"Missing!" Rose interrupted.

"Yes missing."

"Is there any other way we can get into the city ?!" I asked curiously.

"Yes." the officer replied 

 

The officer pointed to the park gate where only a few people were standing. Without hesitation the four of us walked through the gate and into Kultios City Centre and when your in Kultios Town there was only one thing to do and one thing only: and that is SHOPPING !!!

The Six Signs

 

After all the commotion at the city entrance Morgan, Jynx, Rose and I had finally made it into Kultios City Center.

 

The center had it all. Millions of shops and leisure's:

Shoe shops, top shops, game shops, book stores, cafes, ice-cream stands with literally every flavor and one of Axorona's biggest Library's. 

 

"O.M.G we’re actually here!" Jynx said in her hyper, crazy voice which sounded like a chipmunk on coffee for three hours.

"Lets go get some food and camping stuff then meet at the city fountain in 2 hours Ok guys?" Morgan implied.

"Sure" Was everybody's response.

 

Rose - being part vampire and part werewolf - went to the food store for her ‘special’ needs. Jynx also followed her.

Morgan - being the smart-guy of the group - went for the camping supplies and me - having no abilities and also being the youngest - went to the library to stay out of everyone's way.

 

I walked into the library and went right up to the woman at the counter. She was a chunky woman, with big hairy arms and a uniform barley holding together. I wondered if she could sit on one of the chairs at the desk without it collapsing or it disappearing never to be seen again in a vortex in the woman massive butt!

"Excuse me ?" I said shyly.

"What is it hun?" The chunky woman spoke with a soft voice despite being a female version of a troll.

"D-Do you have any books about dragons?" I asked 

"Sure hun... here." She gave me a guide to all the types of books and there numbers to where they could be found.

"Thanks... Er...!" I quickly looked at the woman's name badge that was clipped onto one of her planet sized melon.

"Thanks... Helen" I said warmly

"No problem hun." Helen replied with a smiling face.

 

I followed the book's instructions and eventually found a few books about my favorite creatures. Dragons. I picked up a couple and was on my way to the counter when I saw another book about detective work. I remembered the incident with the girl that the police officer told us about so I picked it up and went back to Helen who was munching down on her lunch, two packet of crisps and a bottle of chocolate milk.

"Helen ?"

"Not now hun I'm on my break" Helen said a bit rudely but she noticed me holding a few books so she told me since I was nice to her and that those books were a few years old I could keep them. Quite happily I grabbed them off of the counter and walked off to the fountain where Morgan had asked them to meet but I still had about 40 minutes until they all got back so I went to the fountain and read my books.

 

I read happily for half an hour until I finished my first book. When I put it down a note fell out of it. Curious - as anyone would be - I picked up the note and read it.

 

My time here is almost up and I haven't found a host yet. He tells me if I don't the dorm will be destroyed and I will never see my friends again. I have failed my mission and now my friends will pay. If you are reading this then you must have a fascination about dragons. That's good! So if you come to Kultios mansion at midnight on the day I am taken you can save me! PLEASE I am needing help and I need it fast. Don't bring anyone or you will only get them hurt. Signed: Alexis Ambiens. 

 

I instantly put the note in my blazer pocket and with good timing to. As soon as I read it Morgan, Jynx and Rose came round the corner all carrying bags and a bag an each of their backs.

 

"I managed to get us a room for free tonight!" Morgan said feeling good about himself.

Jynx sarcastically mentioned. "Good coz we ain’t got any money ya' goof!" 

"Blare grab a few bags. Our room in on the other side of town." Morgan suggested

"I'll get us there faster" Rose thought. 

 

After a quiet dinner of steak I went into Morgan's room with a innocent look on his face.

"Big bro ?" I said curiously

"What is it scamp?"

"You know how that girl went missing today ?"

"Yeah" Morgan got a little suspicious of what I was going to ask.

"Do you think we would gt some money if we found her ?"

Morgan immediately got up and was furious

"No way. I will never let my little brother get hurt!"

"But...But...But" Blare pleaded for innocence

"But nothing!" Morgan demanded.

Rose and Jynx came rushing in half dressed in their pajamas.

"What is going on you two ?" Rose said worryingly.

"Blare was going to try to find that missing girl!" Morgan explained furiously.

"You’re not going". Both Jynx and Rose agreed with Morgan. None of them wanted me to go.

"Get to bed NOW! And don't say anything else about this."

I looked down and a single tear slowly dripped off his cheek.

Sobbing I said

"Piss off!" And ran into my room slamming the door behind me.

Morgan sighed and sent Jynx and Rose to get ready for bed.

 

I waited in my room for silence. I waited until an hour went by after the last sound to make sure that no one heard me. I slowly opened my window and jumped into the bushes scaring off a cat in the process. Before I jumped I tied a rope to my window to close it a bit so that no one would be suspicious if they woke up and went into my room. Also I fluffed a few pillows up like any other runaway tempter would do.

 

I took the note out of my blazer pocket and read it again.

"Kultios mansion" I said to myself. I made my way to the city map and looked for the mansion and found it. It was a rough 20 minute walk but I had all night. 

"Alexis I'm coming to save you. "

 

I got to the mansion about 1:30 in the morning, weary of everything around me I opened the mansion gate then crept inside. I opened the door and whispered.

"Hello, is anyone here ?"

No answer came to my ears.

"Alexis i found your note in the library and I’m here to save you, hello."

I spoke a little louder but still no answer

"I came alone just as you requested."

"Then you are a fool" 

My body suddenly came to life and I started circling round the room scared out of my soul.

"Wh-Who was that ?"

I was lucky to even be able to speak

"I am..."

A dark smoky spirit appeared on top of the stair case holding a girl whom I supposed to be Alexis.

" YOUR DOOM !" The spirit flew towards me within a blink of an eye

"AAH ! " I screamed as loud as I could hoping that someone or thing heard me.

I kneeled down accepting that this might be it although all of my being hoped that it wasn't.

"What is this!" 

I looked up to see that the spirit was blocked by a diamond white barrier

"Y-You tricked me AAH!" The spirit began disintegrating before my eyes. I was filled with confusion and shock. As the spirit vanished it let out one final sentence.

"Its power has awoken. The six signs will soon show !" 

I blinked restlessly then walked a few steps then collapsed.

Alexis girl ran to me, she was also about to collapse but before doing so she said..

"Thank-you". 

The Six Start

 

I awoke slowly and peacefully in a white room with flowers on a desk next to me. Suddenly out of nowhere I started shouting to myself.

"DID I FAIL ?, WHAT AM I DOING HERE ?, WHERE IS ALEXIS ? "

They all rattled in my mind for a few seconds before a woman came through the door.

"Oah... your awake !" She sounded surprised but at the same time very pleased.

She walked over to me and took my temperature. She smiled with a glowing grin. "you are all OK to get going now. "

"Really ?" I was happy to hear the good news. Although I was happy to be able to let go. The woman's face saddened a bit.

"I-is everything alright" I asked with a soft voice.

"i'd better let your family explain" The woman opened the door and everyone came through but something was different.

 

Everyone who I had last seen was in the room. Morgan, Jynx, Rose, my mom and dad and the family pet Dasher, the labrador.

 

They all looked shocked to see me yet happy that I was even alive. I stood up and hugged everyone as I was relieved to see them. Everyone began to cry a little before anyone spoke a word.

 

"How are you son ?" My father asked

"Fine... A little shaken but I'm oK." I turned to my mother and hugged her. She turned away from me as she was overcome by disbelief.

"Wha-what's wrong mother ?" I was hurt a little that she didn't want to speak to me and after not seeing me for what I thought to be only seven months.

"Mother... whats wrong ?"

Morgan decided himself that he would be the one to tell me. Since the last thing I ever said to him hurt him even more than ever Morgan also thought it was his fault that what had happened was his fault.

 

"L'il Bro !" Morgan started the conversation gently so that he didn't upset me.

"Yeah ?" I replied just as my mother turned back round.

"It hasn't been seven months since you seen Mom and Dad..."

"Yeah it has." I kind of shouted a little as if to state that Morgan was wrong.

"No it's not" Rose suddenly joined the conversation. Jynx shook her head also telling me that I was wrong.

"B-B-But how is that ?" My voice was filled with mixed emotions.

"Li'l Bro it's not 2015 as you think it is." I sat down in dis-belief as to what he was saying.

"It is actually 2025..." Morgan paused for a minute to let me catch up. I said nothing as I thought he was playing a joke on me. Morgan sat beside me and held me close.

"You have been in this coma for over ten years."

"How is that possible ?" Was my only question.

"We have no idea." Said the nurse

"your body was still and cold when we found you in Kultios mansion. we thought you were dead but you weren't. somehow you were still alive. Your body had frozen in time. That was the only way we could describe it. we tried for a week to revive you but whatever we tried always failed. we eventually came to the decision to... Kill you but that didn't work either... whatever we injected into you faded away like water evaporating in your blood. we didn't give you food for months on end but your heart still beat on and on."

 

After the whole thing was over Rose and I went for a walk whilst everyone else went back to the house.

 

"How am I still alive ?" I asked Rose alone because somehow I knew that she knew. Rose sighed and told me her story.

 

"You couldn't die because..." She paused for a second not wanting to tell me but she knew it was inevitable.

"Your immortal." I sat down on the fountain bench that was still there even after ten long years.

"How... I have no powers like you guys... I'm mortal."

"No your not. " Rose cut me off before I could say anything else.

"That thing that hit you in the mansion all those years ago must have triggered something in your body that has been dormant for ages. Do you remember what that thing said to you before it died ?"

I thought and thought until I remembered the last thing it said to me.

"It's power has awoken. the six signs will soon show !"

"Blare ?" Rose looked at me with a horror look in her eye.

"The six signs are the most deadly things ever to happen to this planet for centuries:

the first one..."

"Is immortality" I said suddenly... I smiled and walked off into the distance into a group of people Rose followed but I wasn't there. I had vanished. Rose ran back into the house shouting on Morgan  only to see that I was right there. She was confused to see me there. 

"Weren't you just at the fountain with me ?" I shrugged as I declined 

"Nope. I've been here with Morgan helping me around." Rose thought to herself that she must have just had a strange vision of what they use to do.

Everyone went to bed after that. My parents went home on the midnight flight back to their village.

 

A very eventful day had occurred. I was back from my ten year absence and Rose started having visions of the past. What could this mean for the future… No one knew. They were just all happy to have me back.

 

 

Final Hours For Few

 

We were all asleep sound as could be back in Kultios City. Blare's parents however were wide awake on a flight back home. The sky was clear and the stars looked as if they were touchable by hand. The flight attendant was giving everyone pillows to fall asleep but sine they just got their son back they couldn't sleep. Blare's mother just couldn't stop saying how relieved she was through the entire flight. 

 

**************

 

"What is that" I said to my wife with worry in my voice. I was called Niko and my wife was Crystal. We met after Blare was born but Blare did know I wasn't his birth father but that never stop us connecting.

 

"Just a bumpy bit of wind" Was Crystal's reply. She wasn't bothered about flying but I would rather wrestle a crocodile than fly. It was extraordinary itself getting me over to Kultios City to see Blare.

 

Whilst the flight attendant sat down there was a massive bump on the side of the plane that cut out the lights. In shock everyone started screaming and grabbing their loved ones and holding them tight. As the plane began accumulating speed I saw something set the wing of the plane on fire. I yelled out alerting everyone that the plane would go down. The plane started a nose-dive going down and down getting faster and faster. I looked my wife in the eye as she did the same and the last words heard on the plane before a tremendous bang were. 

"At least he is OK." 

The plane cut and shredded a few trees on its final airborne seconds before shattering in a ball of flames as it crashed with such force it snapped in two sending the first half up in flames and the other half rolling down a mountain top.

 

From the rubble a few minutes later came a weak but recognizable voice

"Crystal... Crystal where are you !!!" It was me, I was alive.

"H..H..Here." My wife called out with a weak and faint voice.

We were two of only four survivors.

 

As time passed and we all helped each other up and made a camp by the burning rubble we were all silent until a twig snapped in the distance.

 

I stood up and grabbed a shard of glass and set it between a branch to make a miniature spear."W...Who...Who's there." My voice was filled with fear rushing through my body.

 

As I stood there and looked into an opening I saw something which I could only describe to be an over sized panther. The animal was black with diamond like teeth and it was dripping at its mouth as if it was anxious to sink its teeth into something. It was a dragon. and we all knew it. I struck the beast on its muzzle and scratched its nose. The beast growled at me the with one swipe of its claw cut right into my chest and ripped my t-shirt into shreds.

 

***************

 

Within the blink of an eye the dragon killed the two other survivors with a whip of its tail and it grabbed Blare's parents. It stared them in the eye sending fear racing through their bodies and almost giving them both a fatal heart attack. The color of the eyes were familiar to Niko and Crystal. Only just after they figured out who the eyes belonged too, the dragon silenced the two of them with a flash of its jaws. Crystal and Niko screamed in terror as the dragon crunched their bones together breaking them as it chewed them slowly making them suffer. After finishing its midnight meal the dragon flew up into the sky with a mighty roar that could be heard from miles away.

 

****************

 

Jynx and I awoke to a familiar sight. Morgan making breakfast. As we all went through and sat at the table everyone looked at Blare’s seat. I shouted on him and as he came through we all gasped in horror.

"W..Whats wrong ?" Blare was shocked to see our reaction.

"LOOK AT YOURSELF !!! " I shouted at him and as Blare looked down and fell to the ground to see that he was dripping of blood...

My eyes turn blood red as my fangs emerged. Still being a new vampire I couldn't control my cravings. Morgan realized the signs and grabbed me by the arm taking me to the next room. Blare looked at Morgan and yelled out.
"What did I do ?"

Funeral For Three

 

I looked at Jynx with a blank and confused look on my face. Jynx was unable to talk since she was overwhelmed with fear - it's not like her to be quiet.

 

"W-What have you done ?" Jynx managed to mutter a little before calming down.

" DOES IT LOOK LIKE I KNOW !! " I shouted at her like she was an idiot - which she was at times.

 

Morgan appeared out of nowhere and slapped us both in the back of the head. Jynx let out a bit of a yelp but I was just standing there like...

"What was that for ?" As if I had felt nothing.

 

" You forget something you Nim-Rod !"

Jynx just scratched the back of her head and looked at Morgan

"Forgetting what ?"

"That Rose is still a new Vampire" Morgan sighed in frustration.

"Oah-Yeah! " Jynx replied oblivious.

 

Morgan reminded Jynx that Rose wasn't used to blood as her craving for it is still high, whilst I slowly shrunk into a croutching possition.

 

" W-What did I do last night ?" My voice was nothing than a squeek from the current possition they were in. Rose walked through calmly trying to stop herself from doing something she'd regret.

"Sis... Get back in that room !" Morgan complaned. Rose's eyes were still red but she knew she would have to get over this sooner or later.

" I'm fine now." Rose muttered.

"Your clearly not. Your eyes are still that creepy red color." Jynx complained - as usual.

 

I was still shaken up a few minutes later. Morgan managed to calm Rose down and boot Jynx out for a walk for a few minutes as he got me to shower and clean up. 

 

I got out of the shower and got dried before getting into my typical silver blazer but since 10 years had passed it was a bit too short for me. As I let out a groan of distress Morgan came through the door with a smile on his face.  Luckily I had pants on.

 

Morgan laughed as he thought what he'd done would surely please me.

"I knew you would try that old thing on again, and I knew it wouldn't fit you... So when you were asleep last night I went to the same store you got your first one from and..."

Morgan was unable to finish his sentence as I was clinging round his neck saying thank-you.

" Th-Thanks bro."

 

I grabbed the blazer off Morgan and had it on withing the blink of an eye.

"No prob little bro."

 

A few hours later Rose had finaly calmed down. Her eyes were back to their normal colour. Jynx was proding around happily in her wolf form - as she was bored of using two feet... or paws rather. Since it had been ten years the post office was one of the many places I wanted to go. I had ten years of letters to reply to and also ten years of letters to send saying I was ok now.

 

We entered the post office and at the same time we broke an awkward silence. The staff looked at us with a bit of surprise. I immediantly gave my details them and asked for my most recent letters. A man who looked like the boss came over to us and said to us.

" Hay, no mutts allowed in here. Get that thing out." Jynx looked with disgust then immediently transformed into her human form and slapped the boss in the face.

"Say that again you friggin' b*****d !" She snapped.

 

Another member of the staff came through with a yellow envelope. Immediently we went quiet. I opened it slowly and read it. Morgan knew what to do but at the same time he couldn't move. He was overcome with shock so what he did next only made things worse. He ripped the letter out of my hands and yelled at me. He tried to direct his rage at someone else.

"They are dead you idiot ! and it's your fault !" Morgan had never yelled at anyone like this.

"How is it my fault !" I screamed at him. The two went back and forth for minutes untill Rose slapped Morgan and me over the head but that didn't stop us. Eventually the boss threw us out but it was what I did next that changed something inside me forever.  Just as Morgan had ‘won’ the argument I snapped inside and without warning or one second of thought I punched Morgan in the back with such force my hand fractured. Morgan yelled out with a painful cry as he slammed into the pavement.

Jynx and Rose looked at me as if I was mad.

"What ze oof was that for"

"He...He... AHHHH!" I ran off into the alleys between the buildings. Rose immediantly ran after me but it was no use, by the time she got to the alley I ran through I was nowhere to be seen but something was unusual. There was a line of blood along the wall and my silver blazer was lying on the ground covered in blood. Rose picked it up and took it back to Morgan. She threw it at him saying only a few words. "It was your fault"

Paradox Yuki-Who ?!

 

A grey morning for an even grayer day.   Blare was still missing and everyone was in their grey clothing waiting either for Blare to return or for the car to come and take them to the cemetery.

Rose kept looking out the window, in-fact she had stayed up all night looking and waiting for Blare to return. Nothing. She was just looking at an empty street for four hours till the early morning traffic came. 

 

***************

 

"The Taxi is here you guys" I said out of utter silence

Rose just looked at me with sorrow and regret for she felt that it was her fault for letting Blare get away.

"Not until he comes back."

"He might be there already" Jynx suggested to cheer her up.

Rose just sighed and accepted the fact that we had to leave now.

 

There were about thirty maybe forty people at the funeral. Roses and lillies were spread over the coffins and white fabric used to decorate the cemetery. People stood in groups comforting each other. Woman crying, mumbling and some even emotionless. Some saying I can't believe it. Over and over again but that wasn't all. A mysterious figure in a white coat with blond hair with a few purple strands coming out of it like bolts of lightning.

"OMFG PURPLE HAIR" shouted Jynx in her mind.

Rose glanced to her left and cought a sparkle of silver.

It was Blare. She sighed in relief and sat next to him and me.

She was relieved to say the least but just to show Blare how pissed she was inside she nudged him every so often but after her anger subsided she lay against his shoulder for both comfort and to support him.

 

After the funeral was over... A few people came over to Blare and asked him, Rose, Jynx and I to come to his office for the wills of Blare's Parents.

 

****************

 

I asked the Man.

"Wonder what we'll get ?" Were  the first words that anyone heard since my dissapearance.

No one answered me as they were all... kinda... pissed. Finally after three or four minutes of awkward silence the door opened and the same man came in that Jynx seen at the funeral. I imminently acted in a not so friendly way.

 

"Who the hell are you and why are you here. I've never seen you before and your here so that means your in my parent's will. Who the hell are you ?" There were many other questions flowing through my mind but I let the stranger answer first so that I could calm down a little

"My name is Paradox Yuki-Kaiba... I'm your Br..."

I - without thinking - ran up to Paradox and pinned him against the wall almost choking him.

"Listen, pal. I really don't know who, where or why you are here but listen and listen very closely. We are NOT brothers in any way, shape or form. GOT THAT !"

 

Paradox shoved me back with a surprising amount of force.

"We are Brothers... I was just separated from you at my birth"

"Wait ?" I questioned.

"How can you know about my birth if you were born before me ?"

"I'm a God"

The whole group gasped in a strange symphony.

"The god of the Thunder Realm ?" Morgan said in a confident voice.

Paradox nodded and had a cheeky grin on his face

"And how do you know my true identity ?"

 

Morgan went on to tell us about a time when he was trying to find a way to revive me a few months ago when he came across  an interesting part about the Thunder Child. A child born once every fifty million years. The two parents are chosen at random by the previous God years before the parents are even born. He had apparently worked out that the last god was born roughly fifty million years ago and he knew they had an unusual hair style and color to resemble thunder and the blond hair and the purple like bolts that Paradox had were a bit of a give away. I was unconvinced by Morgan's report and Paradox's explaining so I asked him to prove it. With a confident and cheeky grin Paradox reached out as if to touch a cloud by the window and out of nowhere a bolt of lightning shot out of his hand and went up into the sky where a massive black cloud filled with rumbles and flashes appeared and rained down in the city, covering it in water as if it had been raining for weeks on end. We all looked at Paradox with impression and a little bit of fear. I - as usual - kept my cool and said ‘whatever’ every time someone complemented him on the way home.  I secretory liked Paradox's power and I felt a bit smug being related to a God of Thunder but at the same time I felt threatened by him a bit. Paradox had to return to his realm to tell his followers that he will be absent for a while as it was a group decision to let him go along with them all. Rose and Jynx were nagging at Paradox asking him question after question after question for a while but once night had settled and the sky was dark with stars everything quietened down for the night.

 

****************

 

The next morning was drier than it had been last night as when Paradox has a calm mood the rain and destruction of the thunder that is caused by his power subsides overnight. Blare decided he wanted to go track down the girl he had helped  that night all those years ago.

 

 Scales and Scares

 

The next morning I awoke to see Paradox standing beside my bed staring at me.

"what...the hell... are you... doing ?" 

"Observing" Paradox replied in a mysterious voice.

I sat up-right and watched as Paradox walked over to the shelves where my belongings were. He picked one up and looked at it in great detail.

"you are aware you have a scale on your shoulder?" I looked at my shirt and saw what Paradox was referring to. A scale: jet black of color. It also and had red liquid dripping from it. I tried to remove it but as I did I yelped a little. As it turned out it was attached to my skin. I eventually ripped it off and as I did it gave in an unusual amount of pain. I started bleeding heavily for a few seconds then it suddenly stopped. I had healed completely. Paradox smiled as he walked out the room

"I knew it!" Was all the I heard as he left the room.

 

I got dressed and went out for a walk to go clear my head.

 

I remember the funeral, meeting Paradox, my 'brother'. I also remember coming home last night after learning who he is and what he does. After that I went to bed. I woke up in the middle of the night with a pain in my gut so I left the house. After that I...I don't remember anything accept waking up and looking up Paradox's ugly mug.

 

"Blare... you Ok" A familiar voice was behind me. I turned around and saw who it was. Rose. She must have followed me to the fountain which after all those years was still there. 

"You’re having trouble remembering, aren't you?"

"I hate it when you read my thoughts"

"I know but it's the only way I can talk to you now. You’re always... quiet now. What happened to the old Blare. The one I had fun with, the one I liked to be around..." A small tear fell from her eye. She rubbed it away before I could see " although I had.

"The one I loved..."

I suddenly looked her right in the eye then I put my hands on her shoulders.

"I didn't know you ever felt that way."

I pulled Rose towards me hugging her closely. Rose hugged me back and began to cry a little. Rose then noticed something out-of-the-ordinary.

"What is that" She asked

"What ?" I answered back

I felt my back where Rose pointed to. I instantly realized what it was.

"I... I .... I need to go." I panicked then ran back to the house. I ran into Paradox again but I just pushed him aside. I ran into the house and ran into the bathroom. I ripped off my shirt and looked at my back in the mirror. Another scale was on my back. 

 

What the F**k !

 

Morgan knocked at the door

"Little bro... you Ok ?" There was concern in his voice.

"GO AWAY !" There was anger and frustration in my tone.

Rose finally got back to the house and she was counting up to six constantly. "What is with the counting to six ?" Asked Paradox.

Rose rose a finger for everything she said.

"One... Immortality, Two... personality changes, Three... unexplained blood stains, Four... Healing, Five... anger and frustration."

"And number six" Paradox asked.

"Six" Rose paused. 

"Six.. the death of a friend. The six signs are nearly complete"

 

Alexis In Danger

 

Alexis Ambiens.Ten years ago Blare saved her life from a spirit of complete darkness. Since he had been 'asleep' for ten years he wanted to find her and see if she was Ok even though the incident was years ago, Blare still wanted to see her.

 

 

****************

I hadn't shown my face since I found a second scale on my back then ran past my brother Paradox and shouted at Morgan.

 

Morgan and I, once the closest of brothers, now - to me anyway - we seemed to be the worst enemies. The two of us in their childhood were never apart. When I used to get picked on in school Morgan used his vampire powers - which he shouldn't have - on the bullies to make then forget about me all together. Another time when Morgan was getting in trouble a lot from taking the blame for my accidents of breaking things and telling lies. Morgan was always there and I had never been nice to him in return. Now what situation was I in. The last words I spoke to MY brother were piss off. I had then earlier told him to go away when once again I was worried for him.

 

I'm a terrible brother... I need to fix my problems with him and then I'll go find Alexis !

 

"Bro !" I shouted up the stairs to Morgan's room. No answer.

I shouted once again. Someone did answer but not who I was expecting.

 

Ruff! Ruff! Ruff! Was all I heard upstairs. I walked upstairs into my bedroom where on my bed lay a stranger. A husky lay on my bed.

 

The husky was white all over accept from its nose which was blacker than the night sky. Its eyes were blue sapphires sparkling in a lagoon of stillness. Its fur looked soft and fluffy. One touch was enough for your hand to fall in love with it.

 

"Aah... Jynx?" I said uncertainly.

"Yeah?" She answered from behind me

"Hang on... if your there... then who." Jynx cut him off.

"Is that..."

"That's my question"

"She's called Tetra"

"You all got a dog ?" I was shocked

"well... you were out cold so we needed someone who could fill that tiny hole of pain... so we got a dog" Jynx suddenly went happy

"By the way she is your dog so you kinda..."

"Say what?" I questioned

"She's my dog ?" It sounded as if I was going to burst out in anger and frustration yet again but I was calm and eventually a small smile cracked out. I lent down and patted Tetra's head. The dog licked my hand in happiness. My hand was covered in slobber so I just wiped it on Jynx saying. "That's for getting me a dog, and this." I got up and hugged her. "Is for getting me a dog."

 

***************

 

Just as Blare and Jynx hugged the door opened and Morgan and Paradox came in shouting on Tetra's name. She jumped off Blare's bed and ran down stairs to Morgan. She didn't like getting petted by Morgan as when his hand approached her head she growled slightly. Morgan assumed she had met her real master - which she had - Blare ran downstairs almost right after his dog. Morgan was going to say hi regular ‘Oah hay guys’ but but he was stopped by his little brother.

 

**************

 

"Big bro I'm sorry for everything I said to you and and and I just wanna say that I " Morgan held me close and spoke softly to me

" I know you are and I forgive you too. I've just been a little frustrated with research and solving the problems."

"Thanks bro, I knew you'd understand"

 

After all apologies were made and new companions were met. Morgan - being the family cook -  made dinner and then set off with me to go find Alexis.

 

The last time I seen Alexis was seconds before I passed out for ten years! After I woke up I wanted to go find her and that hadn't happened till now. Morgan explained to me that he had been looking for Alexis for a year or two now. That's why he wasn't around as much now, but Morgan had managed to track her down. It wasn't accurate, but it was their only lead. Morgan had tracked her down to her work. She had apparently been a nurse at Kultios Hospital for a few years now and was apparently still working there.

It was about thirty maybe forty minutes before they got back to the hospital where I awoken a few days ago. Morgan went to the reception to ask about Alexis while I walked around the main hall to see it I could possible see her. Nope. I didn't see anyone I recognized. But Morgan however had a different story.

He asked the receptionist if she worked here and there was a positive answer. The nurse that first saw me after I awakened was ALEXIS. I was shocked to believe it but I also couldn't believe how much she had changed, even in all those years. We walked up the wards one, two, three until they came to ward thirteen room Z, which was the room I awoke in. We knocked the door to see if there was anyone in there. Nope. No one was in the room. We waited in the corridor until a member of staff walked by. Morgan patted him on the back and asked if Alexis was working today. He told us that she was working today but she didn't sign in until eleven at night. The man offered for us to wait in the staff base so we agreed gladly.

 

I sat in the staff room with my arms folded and my legs crossed.

"I can't believe Alexis was the one who saw me wake up and she didn't even tell me. I'm not mad at her or anything, I just wish I could have recognized her one tiny bit."

"She probably didn't want to get your heart rate pumping up so high... you were in a stay or go situation at a few points." Morgan suggested

"I'm immortal now so..."

Morgan nodded in agreement. "You’re not just immortal ya'no. You could have secondary ability's or even a dark spirit possessing you slowly. We still need to keep you under supervision for a while just until we figure what your becoming."

"Who cares... I'm fine"

"No ! Listen Blare..." Morgan's voice changed to a darker sound

"Not every mortal just goes into a coma for ten years and wakes up Immortal. Nor do they have scaled on their back's and don't notice. Something is up Blare and your not fine" Morgan was nearly at my throat when the door opened and a woman came in.

"Oah ! hello... am I interrupting something ?" 

"Alexis... Alexis Ambiens ?"

"In the flesh " She smiled.

 

I shoved Morgan out of the way and his face was in a state of surprise. I hugged her in a friendly way.

"I...I can't believe your right here, right now "

"After the accident I came to visit you in the hospital. They said you weren't in the best of conditions and that I could only see you for a few minutes. I thanked you for saving me from that thing in the mansion and then left. After that I stuck in at school choosing health as a course to study. I was determined to become a nurse before you woke up and see you for the first time awake."

"I can’t believe you'd do that for me" I had sorrow but pleasure in my voice.

" But why didn't you tell me you were you when I woke up"

"You just woke up. I didn't want to rush your recovery stage"

"I'm just glad I got to see you after all there years"

"Me too"

The both of us hugged and made an amazing friendship start right there and then.

 

*****************

 

Blare invited Alexis for dinner that night but she declined. In ten years, she had gotten married and had two children. However she promised to visit Blare often and come over for dinner maybe a night or two a month. Morgan and Blare left the hospital at roughly five minutes till midnight.

 

 

******************

Another quiet night in the house ? A squeaky floorboard is enough to wake Tetra up.  A growl is enough to wake up the next room. Jynx opens her door and looks in the hallway. A tail? Assuming she's dreaming she jumps back in bed. Rose, hears scraping, as if claws were scratching the floor. Assuming it's Blare's dog, she goes to bed. Paradox almost walks out of his room, but is summoned by one of his subjects so he jumps out his window then vanished in a bolt of lightning. Swooping - left and right, left and right - like a...tail. I am the only one left. I opened the door to see this. Human ? figure. "Blare?"

"Yeah?"

"Never mind"

I go back to bed. None of us can see his true form now.

The front door opens then closes again. A gust of air is all that is heard before silence again engulfs the house, street and city accept for one house. The destination of the new destruction.

 

******************

 

A window shatters. A woman shoots up out of her bead and looks at the source of the noise. something stands there. Not a solid being but a spiritual looking one. One that is half human and half dragon. Blare. He drew his claws and within a few seconds silence turned to chaos. The woman. No. Alexis screamed and her husband came through with a baseball bat. Blare swiped at Alexis and missed the first time. All he had to do was walk forward and with a whip of his tail he sent Alexis to the ground with a thump. He grabbed her jaw and slammed her head into his chest. As he did her spirit was ripped from her and was absorbed into his body. A glow of white then grey surrounded him and then turned to black smoke. It surrounded Blare as the human flesh around him dried and crusted over. Scales then slowly arranged themselves in patterns. The transformation was complete. The six signs were fulfilled. The Blare Dragon Legend was true. The heir… Was Blare. The dragon spirit that was dormant in his family's veins had finally surfaced and banded with his DNA. Blare was now no longer a regular adult. He was half human and half dragon. Half killer. 

 

Just as the black smoke cleared Blare let out an ear-shattering and frightful roar that echoed through the streets and up the hills then back again. Waking everyone in the city. Including Rose, Jynx and Morgan. Alexis's husband ran up to Blare and smashed the baseball across his muzzle. It shattered into pieces. Only one thing happened. It got Blare really pissed off. He grabbed his neck and with the amount of strength it took in crush a fly Blare snapped his neck then threw him out the window where he slammed against the pavement and all his bones shattered. Blare jumped out the window then spread his wings to fly back to the house. Then once again after the transformation was complete and the six signs were fulfilled Blare let loose once again a shattering roar around the city then flew back into his bedroom, changed form into a human - that was scale free - and went to bed as if absolutely nothing had happened only this time he did remember. The waking up, talking to Morgan, killing Alexis and her husband and stating that he was the new king. He remembered EVERYTHING !

 

Tell Or Don't Tell 

 

I was first to awake. My hair in a mess and the covers barley hanging off the edge of my bed. I scratched the back of my head, wiped the sleep out of my eyes and yawned to greet the morning. All seemed peaceful and all seemed natural. Despite being a new vampire I still hadn't gotten the control of this up all night and asleep all day thing. My brown blazer was hung up on my wardrobe door. I got up and put on a pink t-shirt and blue jeans. My blazer had a bit of blood on the collar but I liked it there. That was my last drop of mortal blood. When I turned vampire my mortal blood was drained and changed. I remembered my old life when I looked at it. I walked down into the kitchen and opened a can of dog food for Tetra. I giggled at myself saying in my head.

 

Hmm... I wonder if Jynx wants some ?

 

I then turned the radio on and listened to it for a while whilst chowing down an some pancakes from the fridge. Some sugar and a bit of butter made it just right. Soon Jynx lumped down the stairs. Sleepwalking I decided to try to wake her up as she kept walking into walls. Amusing as it was I had to stop her. Jynx asked for a glass of orange juice before falling onto the leather couch with a thud. Her arm lay over the side and within seconds she was sleeping again, snoring so loud that Tetra came down. She instantly smelt the food and ran right for it. I petted her on the head and Tetra began munching. The radio was cutting in and out of the conversation the DJ's were having until I turned it off and went to the television.

Where's that god damn remote? I questioned.

Jynx rolled over and there it was. I grabbed it before she rolled over again. Paradox - after a billion years - was still away but he would return soon. If he didn't Blare would probably eat him - literally.

 

Blare was next to come down from bed. After last night his energy felt drained. Flying and roaring weren't on his regular agenda. He was about to sit on the couch when he seen Jynx. He smiled to himself evilly. I shook my head seriously not talking as I was trying not to wake Jynx. Blare went to the kitchen and got her orange juice went behind her and poured it all over her.

 

"Aah !" Jynx screamed. Blare fell to the floor whacking his head against the wall as he fell in stitches. He could barley breath for laughing. Even I managed to sneak in a little snigger, as even I agreed it was funny. Morgan came rushing down stairs scratching the back of his head. 

"What the hell is going on you guys?"

"She ha ha and then I ha ha ha and then Rose ha ha ha" Blare couldn't talk still for laughing.

"Think it's funny do y'a" Jynx questioned

"Ya !" Blare laughed

"Dragon-Boy" Muttered Jynx under her breath.

"Mutt" Blare muttered also. He may have been in his human form but his senses were as if they had tripled in strength. He could hear Jynx muttering as if she was talking right to his face. He could smell Morgan's aftershave from the bathroom upstairs. Blare got up off the floor and sat next to me. We both exchanged a glance and smiled at one another because no matter how much the two tried to hold it back it was funny. Jynx got up and went back upstairs to have a shower. Luckily she wasn't in her day clothes but in her fluffy pajamas. Morgan sighed at Blare and me. Just as Blare and I turned away from each other Blare looked at his hand. It was glowing. A really small, floating blue orb appeared, he closed his fist and opened it again. It was gone ! Blare sighed in relief but at the same time he was scared yet curious. Was this yet another power he could gain or was it a sign.

 

"What's the plan for today then ?" Morgan broke Blare from his miniature trance. I suggested to go to the cinema, Morgan shrugged and said ‘whatever’, Jynx - from upstairs in the shower - Dog show in Dultino ! But no one could come to a decision. We all - eventually - decided to come to the agreement that it would be a lazy day so after Jynx had a shower we all just sat on the couches and watched TV all day.

 

Everyone was giggling and laughing at whatever was on the TV... all but one. Blare sat in a deep thought. Was he really evil. Did a young innocent adult like himself have to become this vicious beast. Maybe not. He could be a regular dragon. Hunt at night and keep it to himself. No.  Someone would almost definitely find out. He had to tell someone. Some one he trusted.

 

Blare's Secret

 

I was awake all night, pacing back and forth trying to stay awake. I had managed to survive one night without turning into a blood-thirsty beast, could I survive again? Killing innocent people wouldn't go un-noticed, especially since last night Morgan had spotted on the news about Alexis. Despite me tearing my claws into them no DNA could be matched. 

"If I can't be traced then I'm practically invisible to the law so there's the mortals out of the way." Mortal. The word seemed a mystery to me now. A decade ago I was an ordinary teenage boy with great friends, loving family and a nice life. A decade later... it's the complete opposite. Immortal teenage boy. Dragon and no family left apart from Morgan. Everything had literally turned upside down. I kept pacing back and forth, until a knock at my bedroom door broke me from my trance.

"Blare... a... are you still awake ?" Rose was barley awake.

"A-hem yeah... I am. Why?" I answered quietly.

"Why are you still awake it's two in the morning ?"

I didn't think of my next actions. I gently grabbed Rose's wrist and took her to my bed. We both sat down and looked at each other. Rose began to drift away but she jumped slightly when I put my hand softly on her shoulder.

 

*******************

 

"Rose I need you to look me in the eye when I tell you this. Can you do that?" Blare's voice was soothing and calm, almost not like his usual tone at all. I looked a little confused but slightly worried. I decided to go slow and calm myself down a bit. I nodded and sipped the glass of water I was holding.

"I need to ask you something very important."

"What is it Blare?" I answered in a slightly worried tone as my voice raised a little.

"I've changed in the past few days." Blare began.

I smiled and agreed.

"Yeah. Going from a ten year coma into top condition is a massive change. I can’t believe you’re still here."

"NO not that change I mean... changed." Blare stood up and faced his back to me.

"I want you to answer this question truthfully and faithfully. I'm not joking this will probably be a bit of a fright." I stood up as I was worried something bad was going to happen. I placed my hand on Blare's shoulder and turned him round.

"Tell me?" I comforted him

"I... I'm..." Blare was in the danger zone now. If he continued his secret would be out and he could possibly loose everything.

"I'm a dra..... A dra...." Blare couldn't get the word out he was so nervous and sweating down his back.

"I'm a dra...fter" Blare coughed at the end of his sentence.

"Huh?" I leaned forward in confusion.

"When Morgan and I went out to see if we could find Alexis before she was murdered I picked up an application for a crafting job in Dultino. Just to see if I could earn some money for us all. They want me to go up there tomorrow for an interview and I was hoping maybe you could come with me.?" Blare was panting and going nuts inside. He wanted to burst out and tell me everything but at extreme costs. He didn't want to risk it.

"Sure" I smiled and accepted.

"You are who what why now huh?" Blare muttered in confusion.

"You wanna go?" Blare said.

"Why wouldn't I?"

"Good point!" Blare replied.

"Get some sleep then. If were going to get back before lunch we'll need to leave early."

I walked out the door and closed it silently. Blare went to bed a few minutes after he had calmed down and was not about to blow his head off.

 

********************

 

"Be-gone beast ! You shall not take anymore innocent lives."

"What have you got that can defeat me? Mortal"

"This"

"WHAT ! This is impossible! How did you get that blade... ANSWER ME!"

"That is none of your concern beast. Now PERISH!"

"AHHHHH!"

 

*********************

 

"AHHHHH!"

"Little bro. Are you Ok?" I busted into Blare's room when I heard yelling. Blare was covered in sweat and constantly feeling his chest. He was breathing heavily and was his eyes were constantly looking around. "Bro it's Ok." I sat beside Blare and hugged him. Slowly rubbing his arm and trying to calm him down. Jynx and Rose came into his room and saw him sitting in sweat.

"What happened to you Dragon-Boy?"

"I...I...I felt it. As if was really g...going through my heart."

"Huh!" Jynx had her typical I-have-no-idea-what-your-talking-about look on her face.

"Waffles then?" Was the only thing Jynx had to say then BAM! a slap on the head by Rose and sent downstairs.

"Little bro... What happened." I was trying to calm my brother.

"It went right though me. I felt it pierce my heart. It was... real." Blare was breathing slowly but very heavily. He wiped his forehead and got out of bed. I left his room but left the door slightly open just in case. Blare leaned against the wall with his forehead on his arm.

"What the hell was that... That wasn't a dream. It was real."

 

********************

 

A few minutes to get a shower and a fresh set of clothes was enough time for my thoughts to cool. Since my bed needed washed it was a good idea to delay the trip for a bit. Rose and I left the house just after noon and began the long walk to Dultino. Rose tried many times to enter my mind but she couldn't. Some sort of barrier was preventing her from reading my thoughts. Was it the dragon within me. It was. It's intelligence and mine had combined. I now knew everything the dragon did centuries ago. I now knew how to block people from my mind without even thinking about it. 

"Blare?" Rose broke the silence.

"Yeah..." My voice seemed uneasy.

"You’re sure about this job?"

"Huh... Oah year right. I think so." Rose lifted an eyebrow.

"You hesitated."

"Oah really well maybe I didn't want to talk. Maybe I didn't even want to leave today.." I was almost shouting at her. Rose seemed confused but to be honest slightly scared. Never before had I or anyone for that matter talked to her like that so suddenly in that tone.

 

******************

 

It took a few hours to get to Dultino. Blare and Rose were in silence the rest of the trip. Rose - still - was trying to get into Blare's thoughts but no succession. She couldn't prevail. She had no idea how this was possible. She only assumed she was tired and weak. It took a few minuted for The two of them to find the work office. Since the job interview was a lie Blare had to think of something fast and now. Rose was beginning to suspect that Blare might not be an ordinary adult after all. Was she going to find out Blare's secret?

 

 The Dragon Revealed

 

Rose wandered up and down the stairs of the work office. Blare had ran inside and told her to stay put. By the time Rose and Blare had arrived in Dultino it was already noon. Time had seriously gone fast. Noon was when they were supposed to be back not just arrive and since the lines were as long as the park it would be five maybe six before they were on their way home. Blare stood in the line  and waited. Rose - after five minutes - got bored and decided to stand next to Blare.

 

******************

 

"Hey! You. Skinny chick in front no cutting."

I looked back with an evil look in my eye.

"Say that again tubs. You don't wanna go there."

The fat guy crossed his arms and looked smug.

"Skinny chic--"

Just before he could finish his sentence I had pulled out one - of my billion infinite - daggers and was millimeters from the guy's throat.

"What was that?" I had the smug look now.

"S..Sorr ma'am I'll eh just..." The fat guy ran off and joined the back of the line and hid behind a few kids. The kids laughed at him and I chuckled to myself happily. I spotted Blare just in front of me and walked behind him. Blare peered over his shoulder and whispered to me.

"The hell is wrong with you woman... what was that for?"

"Zip it dragon-boy I felt like it and also he was annoying me..." Anger management Blare whispered to himself before an old... familiar looking woman called for him to come up to the stand.

 

****************

 

"Here for an application form hun?" I nodded and tilted my head slightly.

"You remind me of someone?" I was puzzled. Hun? Where had I heard that before. It must have been before I went into the coma. I took the piece of paper and headed back out the door with Rose close behind me. I kept clicking my fingers over and over again repeating what the old lady said. Hun?

 

By the time Rose and I got out of the work office it was nearly dark. Since traffic was a nightmare near dinner I looked in my blazer pocket. My wallet! Morgan had put some money into my wallet along with a note.

 

Hi li'll bro. I knew yo'd forget as usual to check your wallet so I put a few bucks in to help you when you got back. Don'y go spend it all in the one place. Just make sure you pay me back some time or another... In fact forget it i know you won't !

 

I chuckled to myself and shouted back to Rose.

"Know anywhere you can get a good meal?"

"Since when do you have money?"

"Since shut-up!" Rose growled at my snub comment and began reaching into her pocket. I kept walking and without looking or even glimpsing at Rose said

"Don't even think about it"

Rose suddenly froze. 

"How did you?"

"Know what you were going to do?" I sounded mysterious then whispered to myself so Rose couldn't hear

"We're capable of many things..."

 

Rose and I headed to a restaurant near Dultino park. The restaurant was extra fancy. Leather couches, crimson red carpets, plates lined with silver and cutlery handles made of shark bone. This was a king's table.

"How the frig do you plan on buying this. The spoon probably cost more than the meals?" Rose kept wining over and over although when the food came she was a little quieter. I ordered smoked salmon and potatoes with salad and peas. Rose was a little hungry so a twelve ounce steak with salad filled her up nicely. The two of us were laughing and chatting for hours on end. By the time we were finished it was almost midnight. When the bill came all of our smiles went lower than China. Rose's eyes went that mad I swore I could see fire blazing inside them. 

"Four hundred dollars.. How the f**k Blare?"

I smiled with a smug look for last night I realized something. When I pulled the scales off of my back a few days ago my skin healed but the scale remained. If my scales were made of black diamond then I could probably buy the building and half of the city with one scale.

"Why don't you go to the bathroom and... do girl stuff while I handle this." Rose grunted and left to go to the bathroom like I suggested. I reached into my jean pocket and pulled out the scale that I had pulled off of my shoulder. The waiter walked to the table and asked how we would be paying. He got a little bit of a scare when I said I would be paying by gemstone. I handed the man the black scale and walked out the door. Rose just managed to see me leaving before I was out of sight.

 

"Thank-you!" Rose said shyly.

"No bother" I replied.

Rose didn't know what to say so the conversation went a bit awkward. I broke the silence just as we walked past Dultino park gate.

"Let's cut through the park.. we'll be half the time leaving the city." Rose looked up at me and nodded with a small smile on her face.

 

**************


The park was quiet and the trees rustled together in the light breeze. Birds were sitting in their nests ready for sleeping. Blare and Rose walked through the trees together. Rose hung onto Blare's arm shivering a little. Blare pushed her away and took off his blazer and gave it to her.She wrapped it round her and hugged Blare's arm. The two came across a wide open space with a single bench looking over the field. Blare took Rose's arm and made her sit on the bench next to him.

 

***************


"Rose... I need to ask you something." Rose looked dead into my eyes

"What is it?" Rose replied softly.

I sighed."You know how I was randomly covered in blood right before my parent's death."

"Yes." Rose leaned against his shoulder with her head but I pushed her off and stood up in front of her. 

"Do you know the Legend of The Blare Dragon?"

Rose shook her head slowly

"No i haven't why?"

"It is legend that this dragon known as the Blare Dragon once roamed the land terrorizing and forcing people to work for it. But this all ended when The Barer Of The Blade. A mythical warrior who came out of nowhere killed it in a single bloody war. The dragon was sealed away but years later was free. It put its power in a future heir whom could do three things... Control it, kill it or become it. Only until now was it a myth... Do you get it now?"

"Yes i think so" Rose was beginning to get scared, her grip on the bench grew slightly tighter with every second.

"There's a reason I had a this on my back a few days ago. A reason for my weird behaviour .. And I'm guessing you know why." Just as I finished my sentence I coughed up smoke. Rose's face turned from worried into pure fear. She managed summon a few words from her fear.

"You're... the heir?" Suddenly everything turned cold. Rose's warmth had left her completely. She felt empty. A can kicked into the streets. I nodded and continued on. Only Rose didn't hear me in the same mannor. My voice seemed different to her. Evil almost.

"Yes... That's why I was covered in blood when I woke up that day... I killed innocent people just to satisfy a blood lust craving." Rose slowly put one hand on my shoulder.

"Why didn't you just tell us earlier?" I looked to the ground as a single tear dripped off my cheek.

"I didn't want to loose you. I thought if you found out I killed my own parents and other innocents I would become a monster to you"

Rose stood up and kissed my cheek.

"It'd take ore than that to scare me away. You'll never loose me."

Randomly I looked up to the sky and began to panic.

"I...I gotta go!"

Rose blushed and looked away. "I'm sorry. I'm the one who hurts innocent people. Remember. Half vampire and werewolf. I don't care. It's that beast inside you that kills innocent people not y--" I grabbed Rose by the arm and sat next to her.

" But what if I hurt you. I've... I mean this thing has been to known werewolves, vampires, demons... even gods before. I'm... Unstoppable. What's worse is that my descendants will carry this this... Curse!" Rose looked at me and hugged me. "It'd hurt me more if you left me and everyone else. If you hurt me physically I'd try my best to prevent you from going further."

"Thank-yo--" I stopped. Everything was silent for a few seconds until I yelled out in pain!


*************


"AHHH! R...Rose... Go NOW!" Suddenly Blare's skin was tearing and cracking as black diamond scales burst out of his arms. I backed away in fear shaking my head in dis-belief.

"Blare what's happening?" I shouted.

Blare fell to the ground on his knees. He yelled out in unbearable pain. I covered my mouth with my hands and began to scream and cry as my fangs emerged and my eyes turned blood red. A circle of blazing fire surrounded Blare. I ran through it - without thinking, or caring that I was going to be burned slightly - and grabbed onto Blare as hard as I could.

"Fight this Blare...! You're stronger than this! please fight!" I yelled in his ear but it was no use Blare kicked me in the stomach and I went flying out of the circle and slammed into the tree behind the bench. As I limped up a bolt of lightning struck Blare in the middle of the circle. Everything disappeared. All was left was a curled up figure in the centre of scorched grass. I slowly got up and walked toward the figure with tears in my eyes.

"Blare... is...is that you?" Concern was flooding from my words. The figure began to grow tall. It was standing up and through the thick smoke were two glowing demon red eyes. I gasped and backed away. The black figure went down on all fours and out he came. Blare was completely in his dragon form. His scales were diamond black and perfectly shaped, his teeth like diamonds and his eyes were glowing. Slowly he began to walk towards me. I backed up right to the tree. Blare still crept forward towards me. He began to growl and his jaws opened. I shrunk to a tiny ball and held my head, as a tear fell down my face as I whispered.

"Blare!" Was this the end for me?

© 2013 Rose


Author's Note

Rose
This story is one of my friends writing, who has a writerscafe profile. I will give you a link to the original work and that way you can hopefully notice any changes I have made for him. I don't own any of this story, and all it goes to the rightful owner - Blare Dark-Fire. Here is the link to the original version - http://www.writerscafe.org/writing/BlareYukiKaiba/978823/

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

243 Views
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 1, 2013
Last Updated on May 2, 2013

Author

Rose
Rose

Edinburgh, West Lothian, United Kingdom



Writing