Teresa Silva

Teresa Silva

A Chapter by Bad Poetry

Her mission was simple. Get in, nab the file, and get out. Her target wasn't that hard to get to, since Professor Barber's office wasn't very well protected.There was only one brass deadbolt lock in the dark cherry wood. She was invisible as she swept  across the campus. Her designer boots and clothes blended well into the fashion statement that the girls of East University were trying to send. To the hungover college students, she was a brunette girl heading to class. As she neared the doors to Professor Barber's office she paused and ran the orders once more through her head. In, grab, out. She knew by his schedule that the professor was in a staff meeting. 
She pulled out her lock picking tools and got to work. She learned from her mother at age four how to pick locks. She took out her two shafts and inserted them into the lock. Then, she gripped the pin with the two rods and twisted. Click. The lock was no match for her superior skills. As she pushed the doors open she scanned the room for the desk. In the back corner sat an eighteenth century desk. Beautiful. Unfortunately, these desks have secret compartments in them. This was going to take longer than she intended. She looked over the desk and saw a portrait of Professor Barber's family. This was one of the causalities if this line of work,and having to destroy a family was the hardest thing she had ever done. After a couple of suspenseful minutes, she finally found the secret compartment in the leg of the chair. The compartment ran all the way up the leg. She reached into the leg and pulled out a rolled up Manila folder. 
She tucked into to her leather jacket and started to head towards the door. Then she heard someone coming towards the office; there was also a second set of shoes walking down the hallway. She ran for the back exit that lead out to the courtyard. As she reached for the knob the brass knob on the other door turned two. The lock she forgot to put the pin back in place. She shimmied out the door and closed it behind her just as Professor Barber and one of his students walked in. She started across the courtyard that was near where her bike was parked. She was feeling confident in that she accomplished her mission with only a minor slip up. As she reached the middle of the courtyard she heard the back door to professor barber's office swing open. 
She she started to  walk a little bit faster and that brisk walk turned into a flat out run. She reached her bike, picked up her helmet, and in one fluid motion, she swung one leg over her bike and pulled the helmet down on her head. When she twisted the handle, the engine lured to life and she was reminded of how much she loved that sound. As she sped around the road that went to around the campus, she saw a boy standing in the middle of the courtyard. His blue eyes and looked like he hadn't shaved that day, hmm, she thought to her self, kind of hot.


© 2013 Bad Poetry


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

It's hard to read. While interesting, it hurts my eyes that one chapter is just one huge paragraph. You could separate this into a few paragraphs. It would make it easier to read.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Bad Poetry

11 Years Ago

Thank you i will change that.
Very well written. I would love it if you would continue.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Really good. I like it a lot.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

280 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 2, 2013
Last Updated on April 6, 2013


Author

Bad Poetry
Bad Poetry

Empire , Barbados



Writing
Miles Miles

A Chapter by Bad Poetry


The File The File

A Book by Bad Poetry