Little Rose

Little Rose

A Story by Roxanne Mckyla
"

The story of Rose's life. Such heartache and pain... Makes me cry for I know, it is true... Thank you Rose for trusting me with telling your stroy...You saved my life and I'm forever in your debt.

"

Rose was a sweet baby. Her curly brown hair framed a gorgious tan face with caraeml eyes. She was always a sweetheart all her life, but her story is one not all would like to hear. To this day, she is remembered as a wonderful woman, and will stay forever in the hearts of many.

When Rose was to young to remember, her parents divorced. Not a year of marraige and they left eachother. Split forever and never looking back. The court had taken over responsibility and sent her to live with her mother. Rose had a younger brother and sister with her mother. The father walked out on them. In a hurry to find some stability for her children, Rose's mother found herself a new husband. He was fresh out of prison and living at how with no job or pay to his name. Her mother worked all day everyday. Rose was left home to take care of her siblings. One day, her stepfather had a strike of genious on how he could make money.

Rose kissed her sister's forhead and tucked the covers under her brother for their nap. She was almost seven butmuch older mentally. She quietly stepped out of her sisters room and shut the door. His voice rang down the hall to her, "Rose, come here." She dreaded the thought but slowly complied with his request. Rose stepped into her living room where there on the couch, sat three men she didn't recognize, her stepfather's jail buddies. He himself stepped out behind her and laid his hands on her shoulders. He twirled a finger through her curly hair with a smile. "Isn't she a beauty boys?" The three men laughed and Rose turned her face away. He clapped his hands and rubbed them together. "So, who is first boys?" One man stood with a smile, "Me." He walked up and handed Rose's stepfather a wad of cash. The strange man took Rose's hand and led her out to the backyard. She turned back to see her stepfather smiling and counting the bills while the other men laughed. Rose was dragged into the back shed and the door was locked. "So, my dear. Oh, you are a beauty." He kissed her on the cheek then slowly started to take off his jacket. Moments later, screaming and cries could be heard from the back shed, but no one was around to hear...

Rose was used by each man many times, and her stepfather made quiet a profit, until her mother found out. In turn, so did the courts. Rose was sent to her father's and her stepfather was sent back to prison. Rose was scared and closed up. She didn't want to speak or talk to anyone. Her father tried but with no luck, so he started to take her along with him.

Rose's father was a drug dealer. He dealt risky business to risky people. Rose sat in the car waiting as deals went down. To many times though, to things not always go as planned. Rose was shot at, threatened, pulled around, and scared for her own life at all times. She dared not speak a word though. Soon the courts declared her mother's house safe once again, and Rose was to split time between the two.

Now at ten, Rose still never spoke. Then there was a boy. His name was Max. His black hair hung over his forhead and his lips, though never smiling, were lovely to Rose. Then he showed interest in her. Rose was shocked. Over some time, Rose was lost within Max. He made it in. He made it into Rose's heart and made it glow in to out. Soon, Rose was talking again to others besides Max. She was able to look people in the eyes. Still she never spoke a word of anything personal except to Max. Then one day things changed.

Max held Rose as she cried. "I'm sorry, my love. I need to go. I'm so proud of your progress and my heart will always be your's, but I can not keep living like this." He held her face in his hands. "I promise this to you now, Rose. I will always love you. I will always be watching. I will always be here for you." He kissed her deeply then turned around and walked away.

Rose closed her heart. Who was she to love now? Who was going to love her? Who was going to be here for her now? What was left for her? Soon though, she would love again. His name was Brian. His sandy blonde hair and perfect green eyes looked right into Rose. Now she was twelve and Max had been gone a year. But Brian was so sweet.

He held her hand, he told her she was beautiful, he kissed her sweetly, he listened to her, held her when she cried, and seemed perfect for her all around. Rose fell in love with him and held him dear to her heart. He gave her a necklace, a silver chain with a silver rose at the end. She wore it all the time, never wanting to take it off and never wanting to lose him. But like everything else in Rose's life, it had to end.

Brian smiled at Rose and she turned to walk across the street. She had hoped he ws behind her but he had stopped for something. Then she heard him scream out her name, "Rose!" She stopped and turned in time for his body to come flying into her's. She flew across the pavement and skidded to a stop. The sound of a crash still ringing in her ears. Rose wiped around to see Brian laying motionless in the road. His boy badly injured and the car that had hit him stopped a few feet back. Rose ran to him and picked his head up to lay in her lap. "Come on, Brian! Please! Stay with me!" Brian reached up to touch Rose's face, "Rose, I love you." HIs last breath was drawn, and Brian died there in Rose's arms. Her screams eternally shaking the minds of those who witnessed it.

A few days later, Rose lay crying in bed. A hand reached over and laid over Rose's mouth to keep her quiet. Rose flipped over and was going to scream at the dark figure leaning over her, but something stopped her. The figure leaned down and removed their hand as their lips pressed against her's. Rose's eyes finally adjusted as the figured sat back up, but she didn't need to see his face to confirm what she now knew. It was Max. She was thrilled to see him and he was as well. "Rose, I'm so sorry for leaving you. And I'm so sorry for your loss. I know you loved him." Rose broke down in tears again in Max's lap. He held her and laid her down. Calming her until she fell asleep. When she woke, Max was gone. A note was left on her window, "Rose, I still love you. Always and forever. No matter what happens, I'll always be around for you." A single tear fell but that was all she had left.

When Rose turned fourteen, things looked up. She met great people that always wanted to be around her and she was able to open up to them. She talked about all her present life problems and they all listened. She was happy. She had fun and smiled. She was worry free until she turned sixteen. The sweetest girl any of them had met, was about to be shooken deep. None pushed her on her past for they all didn't want to talk about their own. But one girl needed Rose's help, and Rose would find out she needed her's as well.

The girl pulled Rose to the side one day and told her flat out, "Rose, I need your help. I'm...I'm getting sicker." Rose's eyes went wide. This couldn't be. She knew her friend had health problems that made her act a bit different and take precautions, but she never thought it was this bad. The girl then entrusted her with her story. She told her all about her awful past and her fears for her body. Rose sat down with the girl and quietly spoke as she took her hand, "I'll stay with you through it all. I don't want to lose you."

Rose stayed by that girl's side until she was stable. She held her hand until they were able to stop her body from deteriating. Then Rose herself was sent through a shock. She called her friend up crying. The doctors had found a disease in her blood that was killing her. She had little time to live. The girl rushed over to the hospital and laid down in the bed beside Rose. Rose curled up into her friend and decided she couldn't take it. "I need to tell someone what happened. And I trust you." Rose went off about her whole life story. Every detail and awful happening was recited to her friend now. That friend just nodded her head and soaked it in. Rose looked up into the girl's eyes seriously. "I want you to use my story. Use it to show people I was strong. Show them life can go on. I was only seventeen, but I lived and wanted to live more." The girl nodded and agreed, "I will, Rose. Please, fight for me." Rose smiled and shook her head, "I can't. I can't any more. I love you." Rose's monitor flat lined and the friend started screaming for help. Doctors rushed in and tied everything, but the disease had run its course.

Now, that girl who had laid in that hospital bed sat down. She pulled out her paper and started telling her dear friends tale. Years later and she can come to terms enough with her friends death. Years later she was still spreading her friends message of living no matter what tried to stop you. Rose was a great girl, and will always be remebered in the hearts of so many.

© 2011 Roxanne Mckyla


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

154 Views
Added on June 21, 2011
Last Updated on June 22, 2011

Author

Roxanne Mckyla
Roxanne Mckyla

CO



About
Don't know what to say about myself, never do unless asked a question. I'm a girl who doesn't talk about herself obviously... I write what is in my heart and off of what I experience or a lot of the t.. more..

Writing
Love? Love?

A Story by Roxanne Mckyla