Listen to Her Sing

Listen to Her Sing

A Poem by =

And yet, even though she's not mine,
I'm sure she could tell from the look,
In her eyes that I was already her's.

And the way she danced, be it all over
My heart, consumed my entirety,
As our day together grew dark.

The feel of her breath, against my neck,
As I held her close whilst the world was
Spinning, out of our control, intoxicated.

And the way she sung, a voice as beautiful,
As the perfect person that possessed it,
Exciting every fibre of my being,

For hours, I could listen to her sing.

© 2016 =


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

A perfect song. A wonderful thing.
"The feel of her breath, against my neck,
As I held her close whilst the world was
Spinning, out of our control, intoxicated."
To be intoxicated by voice and words. A place we need to know. Thank you Roy for sharing the outstanding poetry.
Coyote

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

A soft, slow dance of a version of the theme. Poignant in its imagery, there are some delightful plays with the language, especially in the second and third stanzas.
I wonder about the first stanza, the meaning is a little difficult to catch in the chase of eyes. It may be the punctuation, it could serve you better.
In the last stanza, I think sang would carry better than sung.
The attempt in this piece, and the creation of some stunning intimate vistas, is quite powerful.



Posted 7 Years Ago


A perfect song. A wonderful thing.
"The feel of her breath, against my neck,
As I held her close whilst the world was
Spinning, out of our control, intoxicated."
To be intoxicated by voice and words. A place we need to know. Thank you Roy for sharing the outstanding poetry.
Coyote

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I am infatuated with the passion you managed to portray in matter of a few lines in a couple of paragraphs. It is absolutely enchanting that she is not yours, but you are hers. I am intrigued by the subtly of the relationship between the two and I want to dive in deeper to the ore of the emotions. Everything is subtle, yet address in a manner that is magnificent. For me, I feel able to understand the emotions and formulate a situation I could personally relate to the poem, but it is like everything grazes passed the surface of one's skin and that is gorgeous. It is open for interpretations and concocting an understanding of what is the story behind this beautifully written poem. I think you have managed to create a piece of art. There is pain, there is love, there is strain and there is hope. I am in love with this piece and I'm more than inspired to write; I feel the intoxication of her breath. I feel her warmth. Beautifully written. Gracious rhyming patterns. Bravo.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Lovely passion, It's wonderful to feel this love and desire especially if it is reciprocated. Nice work!

Blessings

El

Posted 7 Years Ago


=

7 Years Ago

As always, thank you!
I loved this poem. Often when I singer hits the right feelings in me I feel the same. She had to be singing it for just me. I end up listening it over many times. As Nessly says I think you meant every?

Well done.

Posted 7 Years Ago


=

7 Years Ago

Thanks mate, and yes! Nessly is right, going to change that now!
Nice imagery. I think the fourth stanza, last line, "ever" should be "every". I'm not sure though. Good write.

Posted 7 Years Ago


=

7 Years Ago

Thank you for the review. And yes, you're right. Thank you for noticing!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

284 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 3, 2016
Last Updated on July 4, 2016
Tags: song, sing, music, dancing, love, night, want, yearn, unrequited

Author

=
=

Blackburn, North West, United Kingdom



Writing
Gravity. Gravity.

A Poem by =


Words. Words.

A Poem by =


Sound of Rain Sound of Rain

A Poem by =



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Sentimental Bold Sentimental Bold

A Poem by B


The Proverb The Proverb

A Poem by Not here


Cursed Name Cursed Name

A Poem by Emily