Life as a human being

Life as a human being

A Story by Vanlogh
"

can man be born again? Can a man fall in love with a ghost?

"

“What is the point of living? Is having spaghetti for dinner good enough?” With a bouquet glued to my hands, I kept wandering these endless empty streets. Rain was pouring down on me to the point where I felt water will gush out of my ears. Life was perishing in the thin veil of darkness and coming out of it. Why am I out at such a time? I had no idea. All I knew was that the echoing question kept invading my mind and making me uneasy.


 A street phone came to life under the shaking glow of a pole light. It was connected to the world but I had no one with whom I wished to speak. Under this light, a man was lying on the wet asphalt as if he was enjoying the summer sunlight on the beach. He was living in his own world and for him it was summer. Seeing him made me shiver as I felt the striking cold hammering my bones.


At first, I was reluctant to approach him but something kept drawing me to his place. All of this felt surreal. I thought that maybe if I take a look back, I would see the world vanishing behind me, getting ready to swallow me. I had no choice but to keep moving forward. All I wanted was to chase that light forever, until death comes to save me from this world. All of a sudden, the man stood up and started walking towards me. With his arms open, he welcomed me.

The flowers started jumping, itching to be held by this man, as I desperately tried to catch my breath. Yet it felt as though I wasn’t getting near him. His reflected image on my eyes kept getting smaller and smaller. I stopped because of the crippling pain. Again, I failed to get what I wanted, what I thought I deserved. I lowered my head and saw the staring reflection in a puddle. The urge to trample over it made me sick.


 Lights were springing to life around me, comforting me. To drive away my loneliness, the city slowly began to light my way home. That’s right! I have to keep moving. Even if I have nothing to live for, I have to go on living and I’ll leave what little I can along the way. On this planet of short lives and disappearing dreams, to think that we can smile in spite of it all: Life is really beautiful.  

© 2017 Vanlogh


Author's Note

Vanlogh
Please don't ever lose hope in life.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A message of hope. Well written buddy!

Posted 4 Years Ago


Wonderful lesson incorporated in a story. Not everything in life goes according to our plans, but we can always hope...hope to better ourselves and find that thin ray of light at the end of the dark tunnel. Well done!

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
2 Reviews
Added on July 16, 2017
Last Updated on July 16, 2017
Tags: suffering, hope, dreamlike, fiction

Author

Vanlogh
Vanlogh

The mountains where plucking the blooming flowers is allowed



About
Things that are "alive" eat each other to survive. I'm fairly aware that I , too , will be eaten. I just hope that I will taste good. more..

Writing
Silent words Silent words

A Story by Vanlogh