The Adventure Starts

The Adventure Starts

A Chapter by Ruby Pokedex
"

Well, I'm on the Balcony. What is going on here? "Is someone there?" I said. Suddenly, I felt something.... strange.

"
Well, I'm on the Balcony. 
What is going on here? 

"Is someone there?" I said. 

Suddenly, I felt something.... strange. 
Like there was a shadow... But it was.... Living! 
I was looking around, But the door opened behind me. 

"You know mommy and daddy would get mad if they saw you on the balcony." My little brother, Thomas said. 

"Wouldn't they get mad if they saw you in my room at midnight?" I angrily hissed. 

He just flashed a boyish smirk. 

"I'm just a little boy. I get away with everything." He said. 

"Now I'm telling mommy and daddy that you are on there!" 

He just ran. 
OOH, THAT LITTLE BRAT! 
I wanted to push him right off the balcony, but I would get in more trouble. 
So I would do what I would normally do: Act. 
I would plop back into my bed, Mess my hair, and act like I have been sleeping the entire time! 

It was perfect! 
Just then, I heard a noise. 
It was the door's lock! 
Somebody locked it behind my back! 
Just then, I heard someone drop right behind me! It head locked me and placed a white embroidered cloth over my mouth. 

I could hear it mutter spell incantations, but I couldn't translate. 
I struggled until the very moment I was unconscious. 
It let me drop to the floor, then I blacked out.
Later, I woke up.
 I was in a carriage with a bunch of other people. 

I couldn't see who they were, But I knew they were some sort of elf. 

"Once we get to the camp, we will celebrate for the night, then head out at dawn." A young elf said. 

"Of course, Nick. But what will we do with her if they come?" Another one said. "Look, she's awake!"

 If they could see my face that well in this level of darkness, It HAD to be a night elf. 
My eyes adjusted to the dark enough for me to see their faces. 
I was tied up and my mouth was covered, but I could still see. 
I just looked out at the forest, despite the position I was in. 
It was a beautiful sight. 

"Whats up with her? She seems... happy." The youngest one said. 
(I assumed that he was named nick.) 

I just got a good look at him. 
He had long, black, braided hair and grayish skin. 
Yep, He's a Dark elf. 
Since I can't really talk, I shall give you a brief explanation of how this world works. 
There are many races. Elf, half elf, human, half dragon, etcetera... And they ALL have their own specific home land. 

The elves are known for being the first race to channel the power of magic and pass it on to other races. 
They also come In countless kinds, too. 
Oh, I think we're there. 
Maybe I could just.... Oh. 
They have some kind of "magic seal collar" on me. Darn it! 

Just when I think I can escape something... Another thing is in my way! 
The thugs in the wagon with me picked me up and placed me on the ground. 
It felt good to feel the grass..... And I could hear the camp fire flicker through the  night as they discussed the plan. 
I have finally caught that young elf's name. 
Nick Sparran. What a lovely name. 

And he didn't look half bad, too. 
Just then he walked to me. 

"I am so glad no one is looking.." He sighed. 

He picked me up and propped me up against the tree. 

"At least you are comfortable. I don't want you hurt for our plan..."
 
Then he just looked at me. He seemed to be mesmerized by something... But what? 
He seemed to be looking into my deep lavender eyes. 
He just shook his head and smiled. 

"We have kidnapped you for a reason, Princess." He said. "You have the power to find the key to..." 

He was lost again. 
He noticed that my eyes said that I was happy. 

"Why are you so happy? Hold on.." He said, taking the cloth off my mouth. 

I just nodded and spoke. 

"Well, I have never been outside of the castle." I said, smiling. "This is really new and being kidnapped is actually exiting for me!" 

He was just confused. 

"So you are okay with being here?" He said. "Like you won't run away or anything?" 

I cheerfully nodded at him, looking pleased and looking around.

"Promise?" He asked.  

I just nodded. 

He just smiled and explained that If I didn't run, It would be okay for me to be untied. 
He untied me and introduced me to his group. 

"Why did you untie her?" Said a woman in a slim leather thief outfit.
 
"Calm down, Kieran." Nick said. "She has agreed to not run away, so I felt that she could be free to walk around. It's not like she can use her magic or anything." 

He pointed to a stone collar on my neck. 

"Oh, Thaaats why I can't use magic." I said, Feeling the smooth stone. "Quite beautiful, by the way. Nice craftsmanship. Who made this?" 

"Guilty as charged!" A bandit said. 

"That's Kai, our Darksmith. He makes all our magic items and weapons out of darkness." Nick explained to me.
 
I just smiled and continued to run my fingers across the smooth stone and the carvings.  Pretty much all of them welcomed me with open arms. 

"It is really kind of you to welcome me here, But why do you need me?" I asked. 

Heh. A million shier question, I say! 
(Since you don't know, a shier is my country's currency.) 
They just all gave me confused looks. 

"You mean- Wait, They never TOLD you about the key to the sacred shard?" Nick sparran said. 

I just shook my head. 

"Well, It is the only item that can bring back the shadow tribe." He said, putting his hand on my shoulder. 
"You see, your kingdom isn't what your parents are telling you about. You see, they wiped out the shadow elves. We are the only ones left." 

They just all gave grim faces. 

"All the other elf races are just the same race with different names." Kai said. "I remember when I heard my father died in that war. My twin brother, too." 

I was horrified. What have my parents been keeping from me?


© 2015 Ruby Pokedex


Author's Note

Ruby Pokedex
This is a book from my Miss Literati account.
Please tell me how it is! :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

102 Views
Added on January 8, 2015
Last Updated on March 3, 2015


Author

Ruby Pokedex
Ruby Pokedex

Wu Kai Sha, Hong Kong New Territory, Hong Kong



About
AHAHAHA OH GOD. WHAT IS UP GAMERS. I decided to look back on some old writing accounts and oh my GOD. I'm shaking and crying. This is the epitome of my 13 year old stupidity. Shaking. and. crying. .. more..

Writing