Chapter 9: Fear and Anger

Chapter 9: Fear and Anger

A Chapter by Ruby Pokedex
"

Sorry this chapter was SUPER late. HUGE writer's block.

"
Chapter 9: Fear and Anger
  I came back inside from learning spells from Velveron. He said I was learning quickly, which was a good thing. I just plopped on the couch and looked at the two Pokeballs containing my Pokemon. I then looked to my flank which had a cutie mark identical to the devices. How could my "Special Talent" have been to tame something from another world? NOTHING makes sense!

  I still had that mysterious textbook by the famous spellcrafter Starswirl in my reach, so I opened it up in reluctance. Elemental, Card, Alchemical, Common, Alpha, and more.There were so many spells by so many unicorns. How could this guy have gotten all of this information? I was about to contact Celestia about the strange book, but something caught my eye.

"Take a look at the final chapter" was written on my page, but it looked like it was... burned on there.

 I reluctantly flipped to the last chapter, but saw that it was blank. I rolled my eyes and tried to close the book, but something wouldn't let it shut. Trying to close it harder and harder, I just accepted I was at the point of no return.

"I think we already know some freaky stuff is gonna go on, guys." I said sarcastically to my Pokemon in their capsules.

  Do you ever have that feeling when things have already been weird enough for you that you don't even feel surprised when something even weirder happens? That's pretty much how I feel right now. With this Pokemon and Vine gargantua stuff, I've learned not to question a lot of things in my current state. I looked around the living room. Nopony was in the house except for my pokemon in their Pokeballs.

  I placed my hoof on the page and ran it across the writing. Trying to lift my hoof, it seemed to be stuck as words started to burn as my hoof was on the page. As much as I wanted to get my hoof off, it was already established that this was the point of no return for me. My feeling of deep sarcasm turned to deep fear in seconds. The burned words unravel cryptic words.

"Be careful. Take one wrong step and you could become a slave to yourself." It read. "Anger can be your enemy and your best friend at the same time." 

My bracelet glowed as the words started to disappear.

"I'm not sure what's going on, Ruby." My bracelet said. "You should follow it's advice, but I sense one of your friends is in danger."

Just then, my bracelet glowed a bright red.

"I don't like the look of this." My bracelet said with a worried tone. "It seems your Velveron friend might be the one in some trouble."

"How can you know?" I asked. "And how can I know you're not just a voice in my head."

The bracelets voice sighed.

"Didn't you say you learned not to question things? Just trust me, Ruby." She said. "There will be time for explanations later. Right now, we need to get to the everfree forest."

"Why in all of Equestria would he go there?" I gasped.

"I'm sensing a dark entity..." She answered "Again, we need to save explanations for later."

  I nodded and grabbed my saddlebag carrying my two pokemon and my house key before heading out. I locked my door, and sprinted for the Everfree Forest. It was obvious my body was not built for running at this intensity, but I was giving it my all to see what was going on. My heart was pounding as I could finally feel the cool grass of the forest.

"Watch out." My bracelet warned. "I can sense that there is a high concentration of Poison Joke this time of year. Watch your step."

  After her warning, I acknowledged the blue flowers in front of me. Velveron had me read up on a gravity spell earlier that gave me a slight gliding boost, which came in handy getting over the patch of Poison Joke.  My horn glowed it's usual grayish blue, and I boosted up into the air with ease. After I stuck the landing, I went back to my sprint.  As I got a little deeper into the forest, I called out his name.

Just then, I heard a quick answer.

"What?" I heard him say.

"Whoa, THAT was quick." I chuckled. "What are you doing here?"

He was silent, staring off into the distance.

"Uh, hello?" I asked. "Is anypony home?"

  He was still saying nothing, only performing some sort of spell. He closed his eyes, and stood silent for a moment. I was just as confused as anypony would be, but I just waited for him to finish. He then gasped and bolted east.

"Where are you going?" I shouted

"I found him...." He said.

  I was getting pretty worried at this point. I chased after him to only see him face to face with some sort of shadow being. He was looking it STRAIGHT in the eye. He was either really brave, or a freaking IDIOT.

"So you have followed me." He said with such an grim tone. "I suspected as much."

  I was frozen with fear, just standing there. I must be just as much of an idiot to just be standing there gawking. My heart skipped a beat when the shadow creature turned STRAIGHT to me.

"She has no quarrel with you, shadow." Velveron Said. "Leave the mare be."

"No quarrel, you say..." The shadow said. "Never have I heard such deep lies."

The shadow walked towards me.

"I can see it." It said, staring at me. "You are the only thing that stands between me..."

He struck Velveron, Pinning him to a tree with the darkness he was made with.

"...And him."

  Then, just like magic, my fear turned to pure anger. I had no idea what came over me, but I was enraged. I went to draw out my Pokemon, but I had another one of those headaches. I grew dizzy, and fell. Before falling to the ground, I felt as if my spirit was ripped right out of my body.

"You should not have done that." I said.

  Well, not me necessarily. It seems as if I was somehow... Possessed. My eyes were glowing orange and seemed to have flames bursting out of them. There was a twisted grin on my face as I dropped my saddle bag. I tried to speak, but nothing came out.

"So be it." The dark spirit said, with a strange grin.

  The two started to fight. The thing that amazed me was that it appeared my skill in fire magic had improved tenfold. Every bit of pain inflicted on my body, I could feel. I was in complete terror of what had taken over me. Velveron regained consciousness and looked to me.

"Ruby..." Velveron groaned. "Not you..."

  It was as if he knew what had been going on. He struggled trying spell after spell to break free from the shadow's hold. Velveron... What exactly is going on here? What's... happening to me? I could only feel terrified.

"You don't know what you are tampering with, DEMON." Whatever was possessing me said.

Look who's talking. Look who's FREAKING talking.

"Oh, I know just what I'm dealing with. And to be honest..."  The dark spirit said "I've only been going easy on you this whole time!"

  He charged his attack, taking all the darkness and used it against me. He was barraging me with all he had, and I was pretty close to being TOAST. The spirit had his final attack ready, summoning a blade to impale by body, and I had no control. If I could just have my body back, I could make use of my pokemon, given they can both use fire. Heck, what had CONTROl of me could control fire better than I could!

  When I thought she would do nothing, she charged an attack herself. The spirit only covered my body's horn to prevent that from happening. I'm dead. I'm sooooo dead!

"You...idiot..." The possessor said. "You really think dark beats fire?"

"Frankly my dear..." The spirit said. "...I have a little... something... that gives me the upper hand."

"What is it?" She asked.

A moment of silence.

"You really think I would reveal that?" He laughed.

"Seriously, that's redundant." Velveron said.

"Be quiet, WELP." my possessor said. "Weren't you unconscious? Can't you do something?"

"As much as I'd like to, I'm pretty stuck at the moment." Velveron said, and had an idea.

The blades drew closer. Whatever you're gonna do, make it quick!

"Charmie! Torchlight! I-" Velveron said, but was stopped by the spirit.

"Don't speak those words!" He said. "I know what they mean! There are MORE?! WHERE ARE THEY?! Tell me or I shall end you right NOW!!!"

He drew the blades towards Velveron. No matter of spells or strength could stop him.
...
Or, well, so I thought. A flash of light appeared, and it was fire magic. It was fireflower, with a heavy bag of weird slips of paper and glass bottles filled with strange liquids.

"So I see then..." The dark spirit said. "But you're already too late!"

He slashed at my body, leaving a gash at the side. I could feel every bit of pain, and it hurt like a deep fire burning at my side. I immediately returned to my body, but fainted immeadiatley, only hearing the calling of my name.


© 2016 Ruby Pokedex


Author's Note

Ruby Pokedex
You want to review on this chapter?
Thanks!
I really do hope you like this chapter, but tell me if theres anything that needs fixing!
-Ruby Pokedex

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

69 Views
Added on February 6, 2015
Last Updated on January 14, 2016


Author

Ruby Pokedex
Ruby Pokedex

Wu Kai Sha, Hong Kong New Territory, Hong Kong



About
AHAHAHA OH GOD. WHAT IS UP GAMERS. I decided to look back on some old writing accounts and oh my GOD. I'm shaking and crying. This is the epitome of my 13 year old stupidity. Shaking. and. crying. .. more..

Writing