Kidnapped

Kidnapped

A Story by Ruby Naa H.

"Janice" a woman in her 50s called and out came a 12 year old girl in shorts and a blue top. Her dark brown hair was in a pony tail.She had on a flip flop. She ran to the woman who called her, her grandmother. "yes, grandma"
"Do clean the house and get some water from the stream. Oh, there's food on the stove so you can take that as breakfast. See you soon dear. Please, stay indoors, bye"
And with that she said bye to her grandma and returned inside.
Three hours later she was lying on her mat, bored. I will go and sit by the stream and listen to nature for awhile before grandma comes. So out she went along the village's road towards the stream.
First she saw a brown and white goat and her kid, then 8 butterflies. They were really pretty. As she walked along the road humming her favorite game song she heard the sound of a car engine.
"That's weird, she said to herself. " The village's bus works thrice a day, morning 7am, afternoon 1pm and then when it brings the villagers back home at 6pm. Its only 10 am.
So as she contemplated on this, the vehicle drew nearer and nearer. Before she could answer the questions in her mind, the vehicle, a black pick_up truck stopped right beside her and out came 2 men.
"little girl" the tallest one called, "does this road lead to Numin"? Before she could reply, a strong arm pulled her backwards with an awful smelling handkerchief then everything went dark.
I was awakened by the bumping of a fast moving tire and the brightness of the sun on my face.Suddenly,chill run down my spine and I began to open my eyes slowly. oh, my I was in the back of a pick up truck in the midst of some bags of corn. Then reality hit me, I was going to the river side. "Iv been kidnapped" I shouted but no sound came out. Then I realised my mouth, hands and legs were tied.Then I began to cry.
I felt a presence and turned towards it. There sat behind me a terrifying looking man. He had muscles like that of Hulk, bulging eyes and decayed teeth which I realised when he gave me that wicked smile. I immediately turned away to think of an idea to escape. Hiding all fears, I signaled with my hands I needed water. He picked up a pocket knife and asked me not to shout else he will harm me.Then he gave me some water to drink.
After about 3hours drive, I told him I need to urinate. He asked the driver to stop by an old oak tree. He then cut my legs loose and tied a long rope to my waist. He carried me down and said; "3 minutes young lady, be quick"
In the bushes, I found a broken glass and cut the rope off my waist. I then tied it to a tree so that when he tugs at the rope he will think I was still there. Then I took to my heels.
I ran through the bushes for a long time then finally my little legs gave up on me. I fell to the ground.
"Where am I, am i home? " I asked only to hear a male voice respond "No, but you'll soon be"
I told him all that happened after his wife feed me to my file. The next day, the hunter sent me to my village chief and my grandparents. With tears rolling down our cheeks, grandma thanked the good hunter with a very fat sheep and took me home.
The kidnappers were caught in the next town trying to kidnap another innocent child. Since then I promised to be obedient and stayhome when told to.
With that life lesson, i turned on a new leaf.


RUBY

© 2015 Ruby Naa H.


Author's Note

Ruby Naa H.
ignore grammar problems

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Tanx Coyote
That isn't the end though, will update soon


Posted 8 Years Ago


A scary story told in the tale. You create a family and a sad ending. The strong description create place and bad ending. Thank you for sharing the excellent story. I wanted to know more.
Coyote

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

171 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 5, 2015
Last Updated on September 18, 2015

Author

Ruby Naa H.
Ruby Naa H.

Accra, Greater Accra, Ghana



About
I'm a nice, friendly, young lady who loves drawing, singing, writing and reading. loves apples and strawberries, hate pineapples. more..

Writing
Dear You Dear You

A Poem by Ruby Naa H.