Soul Mates

Soul Mates

A Story by Runningwolf
"

How your best friend, can end up the love of your life.

"

“I bet you can’t catch me!” Madison squealed with joy as her best friend Tyler chased her. He laughed at the challenge and chased her around the yard. Tyler kicked off his sneakers and ran after her, his t-shirt flying behind him like kite-tails. “I knew you were too slow!” he caught up to her and pushed her onto the grass. For a moment she looked shocked, he actually had tagged her!

The boy smiled softly, pushing his brown hair away from his eyes, “Your it!”

Five years old, and not a care in the world. The two were best friends, inseparable. They shared everything, food, toys, even a birthday. They were in the same kindergarten class, liked the same shows, and even hated the same vegetables. Madison was Tyler’s other half, and he was hers.

                They grew up together, elementary school was easy. They both passed with the same grades, and the same attitude. Now that they were twelve, nothing could stop them. Then, of course, there was middle school.

                “Why are you wearing that?” a girl pointed to Madison’s skirt, which her grandmother had hand sewn.  She flipped her blonde hair, and laughed as Madison’s face turned red, matching her hair.

“I… I like it.” She looked down at her shoes, tears welling up in her eyes. She wanted to run, far away from the girls in front of her. She looked around, but she was between them, and the wall.

“Leave her alone.”

“Who do you think you are?” the girl whipped around to face Tyler, well, his chest. Unlike Madison, he had grown. He was tall and thin, with sparkling blue eyes, and perfect black hair.

“Well, I’m Tyler. I think you’ve been giving my friend a hard time, haven’t you?” he made his was to Madison and grabbed her hand, pulling her away from the crowd of girls that surrounded them.

“Thank you.” She sighed, feeling safe with Tyler. No one else could ever make her feel so wanted, so loved.

Her friends pestered her at lunch about him, “Are you guys dating?”

“No.”

“Do you like him?”

“Like a brother.”

                It wasn’t until high school, when they had both turned sixteen, when either one went out with anyone. Tyler had is first girlfriend. A lovely little girl, she had tan skin, blue eyes, and long brown hair. Madison realized how jealous she was when she saw them together. Why, she thought, don’t I want him to be happy?

A noise startled Madison as she walked through the garden. The sound of crying. It came from the house next door. That’s funny. I thought Tyler had a date. She walked over slowly, “Ty?” when the crying stopped and no one answered; she climbed over the fence, cutting her leg on the way over, and ran to the back porch.

Tyler sat there, head in his hands as his best friend soothed him. “She used me! Just to make her ex jealous! Who does that?” he choked on tears, his eyes streaming.

“It’s okay. She isn’t worth the tears.”

“Then why am I crying?” he looked up at her then, his blue eyes foggy with tears. Madison couldn’t help herself any longer. She leaned in and kissed him slowly, nothing else mattered to her more than the person who was under her lips.

“I’m sorry!” she pulled away, her cheeks burning. She stood and turned to walk away from him, her own face sticky with tears.

“Madison!” he pulled her back, wrapping his arms around her. This time, he leaned in to kiss her. “I love you.”

                Six years later, at the age of twenty-two, Madison and Tyler got married. They had a small wedding, only close family. Everyone laughed at the thought of them together.

“You mean to tell me, the little girl who pushed you into the mud in front of the church, is now your beautiful bride?”

                Soon after, Madison gave birth to two healthy twin girls. “I’m so happy I had twins.”

“Why?” Tyler asked his head on her shoulder as they sat in the hospital.

“When we were growing up, I was never alone. I always had you, and now, they will always have each other. I wouldn’t want either to face the world alone.”

And they didn’t. The twins grew up, their loving parents watching over them.

They sat and watched each of their daughters get married, they lived to see each have children, they lived to see that they stayed close, no matter what happened.

Tyler and Madison died a week after their ninety-third birthday. The coroner was in shock when he saw that they had died within minutes of each other.

Neither Tyler, nor Madison had ever been alone. They grew up together, and died together. They had found their true soul mate in their next-door neighbor.

 

© 2011 Runningwolf


Author's Note

Runningwolf
I hope you enjoy, i just decided to write this, so the grammer isn't right, though i did my best.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was a wonderfully touching tale of friendship and love. You have brought together a series of scenes that capture the essence of soul mates and how truly tied they are together. Never being alone and always having someone to count on, is a rare things these days, but when you have it, it's magical. A blessed piece of writing!

Aaron

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

211 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 9, 2011
Last Updated on August 9, 2011
Tags: Soulmates

Author

Runningwolf
Runningwolf

Whitman, MA



About
I love to write and draw. My hobbies have always been dance and theater, and recently i'v taken a liking for anime and manga. Whenever i think of a story, i need to write it down right away or poof, i.. more..

Writing
Fly free Fly free

A Poem by Runningwolf