Once More Into The Fray

Once More Into The Fray

A Story by Ryan Buco Jr

                  I couldn’t begin to fathom the idea that for possibly the billionth time my neighbors had parked both of their cars on the street. They have a beautiful drive way, but for some reason they both needed their cars on the street. Why am I mad you ask? Because as I step out onto my porch I don’t have the same view of the front of my house as they do. That being a view of a lovely drive way. So since the lords of the block feel the need to leave their drive way open, I am forced to park journeys away from my home every day. My name is unimportant but I would like to take this time to welcome you to Brooklyn. I often imagine they are secret agents and need their drive way open for their secret jet or helicopter that launches out of their drive way that slides open when they go on missions. Then I see their stink faces watering their lawn or unnecessarily cleaning the drive way that never has a car on it for it to be cleaned and think to myself, no their just a*s holes. It was another lovely snow filled day on my block and I had to walk to my car in a pair of boots that the salespersons swore were water proof but lets face it people, the boots are never water proof. Any way there I was wet feet and all walking to my car, once more into the fray. My dads voice rang through my head reminding me to let the car warm up before I drove it, so there I sat freezing until the little needle move at least one notch. The heat from my 2002 Honda couldn’t come up any slower. Seriously it couldn’t. Sitting by the first red light made me realize it was Monday. Funny how I associated the color red with Monday, red the color of Satan. More importantly I had realized that Monday had meant I actually did not have work but had class at 2:40. There I was at that red light 9:32 AM, Monday morning. Cold, and angry at the world. F*****g Mondays. 
                On my way home I thought of scenarios of myself building a time machine and beating the person who created Mondays to a pulp. Forget it, truthfully this meant more sleep for me. If I could afford a ring big enough to put on my bed I’d do so without a second thought, for with my bed at my side nothing could stop me. As per usual when I got back home I had to park in a galaxy far far away. I sat there thinking to myself, damn I will have to come back out here and make this walk in a couple of hours. I mentally prepared myself for the journey back to my house in the snow. Some times I had hoped that the lords of the block neglected to clean their side walk so I would fall and get hurt but not the kind of hurt where I would be a vegetable in a hospital unable to live a normal life, but the kind of hurt where I broke maybe an arm and I could sue them for the rights to park in their drive way. One can only hope I suppose. Like a good soldier I trekked back into my house where the battle to take off my boots had begun. Once I got those bad boys off I schlepped myself back into my bed. I picked up my phone too look at my various social web sites, saying to myself Ill give it a look real quick then nap until about 1:30 to leave in time for class. I considered telling my parents to cancel our cables weather channel package since every one on Face Book were degree holding meteorologist and never missed a chance to let every one know what was happening in the world. Never really told any one this but I am actually a magician. I have the ability to travel to the future, I can close my eyes for 10 seconds and open them to the time I needed to leave for school. When that happens I talk out loud to whom I hope is god listening asking him wether or not he would let that happen if I actually was going some where I wanted to be. Like California. No answer. Aw well.
                       I woke up to find that my mom had threw the clothes I had on this morning into the hamper. Like I was going to look presentable for class but that would require me caring enough to go back and for the second time today think about what I should wear. With that being said, sweats it is. Story of my life. Looking out my door watching more snow fall to the ground I felt like I was about to do more walking than Frodo. Same nonsense. Had to freeze while the car heated up, and think about the long 3 hour class I was about to sit through. Literally sit through. I cant really say I learn anything useful, its a psychology class and I don’t plan on asking people about their feelings any time soon. School the only place I could park some what close but at the same time still go on journeys from building to building to avoid the cold as much as possible. My first priority for class was getting the seat on top of the outlet, but from the way my day has went so far I shouldn’t have been surprised when someone had made it their before me. Certainly not my day. 
            Sitting through class I thought about the previous nights events. It was my friends birthday and he had a couple of people over to party. Couldn’t get this one girl off my mind from last night. Not because of her beauty, but because of what she said to me. Upon finding out that I did not smoke pot she seemed to have deemed me unworthy to speak to. I could have been a billionaire combined with Superman and it seemed like she wouldn’t have cared because billionaire Superman doesn’t get high. You’ve got to love Brooklyn girls, bunch of diamonds in the rough. Truthfully these girls are either stuck up or stupid or like stupid stuck up guys who only care about the amount of likes they get on their pictures. I guess thats not fair to say I guess theres a few normal fish in this nuclear waste of a sea. But yea, I hate that girl now. The rest of the class I realized that I couldn’t feel my a*s for sitting in that chair for almost three hours, that and I wanted nothing more on this cold day but to go home, sit on my couch,  eat, and watch as much Sponge Bob as possible. 

        The professor let us out half an hour early. Thank god. Do I go straight home and pray theres food in my house or do I grab a sand which on my way home? I did the sign of the cross and drove my cold a*s home. After the long journey from the parking spot up my block I walked into my house to the sweet smell of pizza. Not just any pizza, squares. Now when I say squares and you live in Brooklyn you know what i’m talking about. That was it for me. As far as my day at least. Eat, sleep, repeat do it all again tomorrow. Id go on but I have home work to do and its either I am going to do that or stare at my lap top and phone for hours leaving me to do my home work at 2 in the morning. 

© 2014 Ryan Buco Jr


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

144 Views
Added on March 2, 2014
Last Updated on March 2, 2014
Tags: True, Funny, Brooklyn, NY, Snow

Author

Ryan Buco Jr
Ryan Buco Jr

Brooklyn, NY