The Four Elements of Life

The Four Elements of Life

A Poem by Ryan M. James

With an opened mind,
Be as the fire...
A glowing ember of divine light, fanned by passion and not wavered by persecution. Be the spark that helps other souls to burn bright. Through fire the earth is cleansed, new life and waiting wisdom is born.

With an open heart,
Be as the Earth...
Grounded by self knowing, eternally connected by the realisation that you are I, and I am you. Cyclic in understanding and forever a vessel of truth. Be the soil in which seeds of new hope can be born when watered by tenderness and love.

With open arms...
Be as the Water...
Vast and endless, connecting past to present. Let your true self be unleashed to the landscape of the present moment. Effortlessly let yourself fill the emptiness you see in others with the love you have been given by life.

With opened eyes...
Be as the Air...
Invisible yet necessary, humble and gentle. Do not gesture kind acts from a place of ego, let your good will be a gift freely given. With each breath you take feel the connection with all beings both past, present and future.

Namaste

© 2013 Ryan M. James


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I always loved the four elements because I know they represent life. Thank you for sharing this.

Posted 9 Years Ago


This was really cool. A beautiful poem, set up kind of like a meditation, at least in my mind. It reminded me a bit of Avatar: the Last Airbender, but that is mostly because I am a nerd. There was a lot of tranquility presented through your words, and it was also incredibly unique. I have seen a lot of elements poetry before, but none quite like this.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Congratulations!

This piece is a finalist for Promote Me! VI (Peace).
As your reward I have sent 115 read requests on your behalf.

Voting is open until 10/15/14.
http://www.writerscafe.org/contests/Promote-Me%21-VI-%28Peace%29/50367/

Good luck and keep writing!

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

329 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 28, 2013
Last Updated on April 28, 2013

Author

Ryan M. James
Ryan M. James

Brisbane, Australia



About
Ryan James, 29 years old from Brisbane Australia. I have always had a passion for writing, more so asking questions, especially on the topics of religion, psychology, philosophy, sociology and spirit.. more..

Writing