Our Devine Path

Our Devine Path

A Poem by Ryan M. James

Forever lost in the permanence of each single moment. Rapid eyes, wide and open, dance to the beat of our hearts drum. From the first sight of infancy until the windows of the soul forever close with our final breath. The infinite colours adding substance to our relative reality, each sight and smell and sound and feeling, the culmination of this earthly bodies existence.
Yet more than that there is, more than what I perceive through this vessel of impermanence. For with each joy there is equalled sorrow, for every moment of laughter there is a rivalled eternity of silent contemplation.
To chase joy, to avoid sadness, never has there been a more human error. Slowly we learn this truth, that to be at peace with whatever moment we are blessed with, regardless of our perception of it, is the lesson we must learn.
Still the mind, quiet ones thoughts, observe from within the connectedness of life. Listen with the soul to the rhythms of the universe, see through the eye the single vision that connects each of us to another and to everything that has an will ever be... imperfect momentary perfection.
For as quickly as we each were conceived will our mortal lives cease to exist.
Our only mission, the only Devine path we have, the only important choice is to love, with every cell and with every atom, with every decision and with every moment... We must love.
Compassion, thankfulness, humility.
To love is to show our eternal gratitude. To whom we are grateful is irrelevant, by what name we call god is of minor importance.
We each are blessed, and what we owe is whole hearted thankfulness, yet we are not indebted to life. The gift is being given the chance to live, I choose to repay the gift with the choice to love.

Namaste
- R. MorningOwl

© 2015 Ryan M. James


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

183 Views
Added on April 13, 2014
Last Updated on June 2, 2015

Author

Ryan M. James
Ryan M. James

Brisbane, Australia



About
Ryan James, 29 years old from Brisbane Australia. I have always had a passion for writing, more so asking questions, especially on the topics of religion, psychology, philosophy, sociology and spirit.. more..

Writing