Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Ryonar Melephis
"

Here it all begins

"

Chapter 1

Darkness, a sacred void that holds the truth in silence and obscurity, it is a veil that stands between light and corruption.

But in the depths of this boundless expanse, a court stands like a solemn monolith upon a barren world. The court itself is two thrones upon an ancient Libra which connects them, a force of White and a force of Black stands upon them in their ever shifting forms.

 

So why am I here?

 

I can see the two beings upon their thrones, anger and hatred searing from their eyes. These malefic forms shifted into a black raven and a white dove.

The two stood completely silent, shifting again into a pair of wolves, they turned their gazes towards me, and waiting for something only I could give.

For me, it was a question, but for them it was a battlefield.

What was on my mind was nothing small, but still, I was prepared for what is to become of it.

 

“What is the point of love?” I asked cautiously

 

From high above, a pure crystalline drop fell into the darkness. When it reached the bottom of the sacred Libra, it melded into the darkness, creating waves upon the water’s surface.

From that point the darkness faded and turned into a lighter expanse: rain clouds above our heads and beneath us an infinite layer of calm water, only disturbed by an occasional raindrop.

The two thrones descended to my level and the creatures began their work, the White one starting.

“Love is a very simple yet complicated emotion, young one.” White spoke in a strong manner.

“It is full of pain, misery and hatred.” Black spoke in a sharp tone.

“Yet it is kind, brave and caring.” White glared at Black who bore an almost bloodthirsty grin.

“But in order for you to understand I can do very little, time will show it to you in the end.”

“Though with that knowledge you could fall beneath your own weight and might even start to resent it as a whole.”

Black approached me and slid his claw against my chest

“You might become dead inside, full of fury and hate, just like me.”

I gulped heavily. He was definitely a strong presence, his very being teemed with dark, wrathful energies, as if he was forged out of hate and anger at the dawn of time.

I’m afraid of him, and he knows it.

White looked concerned as she approached me. She pressed her nose against my forehead and strangely, I felt calmer now. It felt as if snow fell on me and cooled me off.

“Are you sure you want to go on?” she asked. I don’t think she was even trying to hide the worry in her tone.

My resolve, though weaker than before, pushed me onward. I had to know, no matter the cost.

I nodded as a sign of my approval and the two resumed their battle upon the eternal waters of Equilibrium.



© 2015 Ryonar Melephis


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

132 Views
Added on February 5, 2015
Last Updated on February 5, 2015


Author

Ryonar Melephis
Ryonar Melephis

Nis, Serbia



About
I am an all-round writer who doesn't shy away from a challenge. I am prone to writing fantasy, sci-fi, horror, romance, comedy, action, you name it. Also, I am something the people from 4chan would ca.. more..

Writing
Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Ryonar Melephis


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Ryonar Melephis