Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Ryonar Melephis

Chapter 2

 

“In order to see into your heart” White began “You need to see into the hearts of many others.”

The two forces took on the forms of humans, perhaps to better explain to me what I need to understand. Black turned into a young adult in a lean dark suit, while she turned into a girl in a long white summer dress and bare feet.

The two approached the ancient Libra’s base and they made the metal flow. Liquefied, they molded the metal into a set of three big gates, two standing upright and one laid down like a circular platform.

From the infinite ocean two large pillars of water rose, one black and one white. These pillars bent as the pair of forces moved their hands.

With nothing but a sharp notion, the pillars pierced through the upright gates and smashed down into the platform. As the jets passed through the gates, their black and white essences were absorbed by the gates, returning them to normal water streams when they connected to the last gate.

Curious, I approached the platform gate.

“What are these things? Do they hold some purpose to my question?” I asked.

Black coughed “Yes, these gates hold a purpose. The platform gate is that of the Vision, it will send you into a world which will grant you answers, while as these two upright gates will be your choice: to embrace the darkness in a loveless world…”

“…or to accept it with your whole being and join the path of light.” White finished.

Black’s piercing eyes looked into my very soul. The feeling of taint overflowed me, giving me a sense of undetermined guilt, as well as the heavy weight of dread.

Almost instinctively, my eyes moved towards White who was leaned onto her gate, observing me calmly. In this form she was beautiful, more beautiful than any mortal girl I ever saw.

She had long silver hair that fell all the way to her hips; her slender body was pure and white like snow crystals. Her deep blue eyes were set alight, crystal clear mountain lakes, but with sparks of kind and innocent joy that was now barely visible beneath a fog of dread and worry. I felt a need to console her, something I haven’t felt in a rather long time.

Looking towards Black, I saw him tempering with his dark gate, sliding his fingers across the stone with closed eyes, mumbling something to himself.

I turned back to White and saw her sitting down at the base of the right pillar of her pure gate, her knees pulled back to her chest. In this position her long hair fell over her face and made her expression indistinguishable.

I walked over to her and sat down in the same position.

“What’s wrong? I’ve never seen you down like this.”

“You have. Many times before, you just don’t remember. Your memory only has the most violent, dark and murderous moments because you gave him so much power and control over your thoughts and actions.”

I opened my mouth to deny what she said, but closed them without a sound. Now that I think about it, she was right.

“But I don’t blame you.” She said without moving her head from her position.

“You were in some very difficult positions that needed for you to be cold hearted and ruthless. Those dark moments still pass you by and because you’ve experienced those vices of man, you’ve learned to deal with them in a precise and calculated way, meant to instill as much pain and rage into those who fight you. A truly perfect weapon of malice.”

Her head sunk in deeper. I could feel the trembling of her shoulders, she was close to tears.

Is what I’m becoming so horrible that it’s making a force of such power tremble?

After a couple of moments her trembling calmed down and she spoke in a slightly raspy voice, which compared to her soft and melodic voice sounded like a scratched out gramophone record.

“I will try to show you the beauty love has to offer in its brightest colors, all of the kindness and solace your heart could ever desire,”

Before I realized, her hands were around me and softly holding onto my back. She planted her face in my chest and I could hear her soft crying.

Surprised, I couldn’t do much other than listen

“Because of you, I will try my best to make you understand its beauty. So please, I beg of you…”

She let out a couple of whimpers before raising her eyes to meet mine. Her bright blue eyes were filled with tears that she couldn’t hold back. The tears overflowed and let loose like a rain, leaving almost unnoticeable paths they carved out on her face.

“Please don’t become a monster like him.”

She spoke with a deep sorrow in her voice, before she drowned her whimpers in my chest. In response I held her tightly; the pain and guilt seeped into my mind.

This decision I had to make was much greater than I thought, as it didn’t influence my life alone. Realizing its weight, I knew that things couldn’t be left as they were. I had to say something.

“Listen” I rubbed her head. Strangely it seemed effective in calming her down “I can’t promise anything as my sight doesn’t reach into the future. Many things could change on my way to the answer I seek.”

It felt as if she shrunk in my arms. I started to play around with her hair when I sighed.

“But I can promise to you that I will try not to fail you or myself.”

By now her crying came to a slow halt, some uncontrolled whimpers still escaped her lips every so often. She turned her head to the side, not letting go of me.

“Th-thank you.”

She said in a quiet and weak voice as I continued to gently pass my fingers through her silver hair.

I could feel that this was going to be a rather long journey beneath these raincloud of Equilibrium, but this time I can comprehend the weight of my desire, and that weight will hold me back from myself.



© 2015 Ryonar Melephis


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

241 Views
Added on February 5, 2015
Last Updated on February 5, 2015


Author

Ryonar Melephis
Ryonar Melephis

Nis, Serbia



About
I am an all-round writer who doesn't shy away from a challenge. I am prone to writing fantasy, sci-fi, horror, romance, comedy, action, you name it. Also, I am something the people from 4chan would ca.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Ryonar Melephis


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Ryonar Melephis