Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

A Chapter by Zack Black

Raven stayed the night at Marsha's house that night. However she didn't sleep at all. She laid awake in the upstairs guest room. The only room upstairs. She was too scared to sleep. She couldn't help but think to herself all night.
"Am I putting these people in danger? I barely know them. They are taking me in like i'm family all because I knew Jonathan. God was he a great man. Well Angel. He wasn't the Gods yes man, he gave his opinion, he was hated for it, but he fought for what he believed in." Raven thought to herself as she begins to cry. 
She gets up to look out the window. She sees a tree outside that looks familiar to her. But she just can't put her finger on it.
The next morning Raven walks down the stairs with her bag in hand.
"I want to thank you for everything Marsha, and i'll be back in town for Jonathan's funeral." said Raven.
"Raven, why don't you stay? You don't have anywhere to go." pleaded Marsha.
"I can't, i'm a wanderer. If I stay too long I put you guys in danger. I could get you killed, your kids, anyone." Raven says.
"The girls love you, the way they looked at you yesterday was a look I've only seen a few times." says Marsha.
"Do you have a death wish?" says Raven who starts to raise her voice.
"Well at least stay for breakfast? Say goodbye to the girls. They will appreciate it." pleads Marsha.
Raven sits at the table and nods in order to agree with Marsha. Marsha sets the table for breakfast and continues making eggs and bacon. April and Shelly walk down the hallway from their individual rooms and sits at the table. 
"I saw your bag, are you leaving Raven?" says April
"Yes girls, I can't stay here and put you in danger." replies Raven.
"But what about" says Shelly
"Stop." says Raven cutting off Shelly. 
"I have to leave. I cannot stay anymore. I must leave. I am really sorry." says Raven as she stands up.
Raven walks over and puts on her over coat and picks up her bag.
"You walk out that door on this note and I swear to the Gods above Raven, You won't be welcome back." says Marsha intensely. Raven slams the door closed and turns around.
"What do you want me to do Marsha? Stay here and waste my life protecting your family that doesn't need protecting? I have a job to do Marsha. I could give a s**t less about Heaven right now, and yet somehow I have to prove to them that I could care less about what they do as long as they stop killing my people." says Raven yelling at this point.
"I wanted to cut down that willow a few years ago, but Jonathan wouldn't let me." says Marsha calmly.
"But you probably don't even remember the tree do you?" Marsha continues.
"It's important, I felt it. But I can't remember the exact details." says Raven, who has calmed down now.
"You saved me. You re-birthed me. You and Jonathan." says Marsha full of tears.
Raven and the girls remain speechless. Raven puts down her bag, takes off her coat, and sets it near her bag.
"You can move into the guest bedroom upstairs." says Marsha.
"Thank you, I really appreciate everything." says Raven.
"No thank you Raven." says Marsha.


© 2014 Zack Black


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

204 Views
Added on December 19, 2014
Last Updated on December 19, 2014
Tags: supernatural


Author

Zack Black
Zack Black

OH



About
I am a supernatural story based writer who will attempt to blow your mind! more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Zack Black


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Zack Black


Chapter Three Chapter Three

A Chapter by Zack Black