Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

A Chapter by Zack Black

It is the day. The big day. Marsha thought the big day would be the day she watched her final child walk down the aisle. But no, that isn't how life is. Life takes what would be your ideal dream and twists it. Marsha's big day went from a great bliss to sad tragedy. Today is the day she lays her husband six feet under the ground. She has arranged to have the funeral done at the grave site, just like Jonathan always wanted. The girls are getting ready to see their father just one more time. They both were shorter black dresses with golden earrings their dad got them a few years back for Christmas. Marsha wears a black dress with a black veil, a necklace Jonathan gave her, and every ring Jonathan ever bought her. While Raven is getting ready she grabs a knife similar to the one Marsha used to kill that Angel the day Jonathan was killed. April walks in and sees the knife.
"What's that?" April asks.
Startled by April Raven answers "A knife. Haven't you ever seen one before?"
"Not like that one, What does it do?" says April
Raven rolls her eyes and tells her "It kills Angels and Demons. This is called a Demon Blade. Angels have one that does the same thing but looks different in a few ways."
April pulls out an Angel Blade and says "Is it this?"
"Where the hell did you get that?" asks Raven.
"Where do you think? Mom left it out." answers April.
"I won't tell her, actually keep it. It may get ugly based on who shows up. I may not be enough." says Raven.
Marsha, Raven, Shelly, and April arrive at the funeral. Slowly guests arrive one by one even two by two or sometimes in groups of three.  For the most part they are humans who knew Jonathan from school functions or community events. Then people start showing up that Marsha nor the girls have ever seen. Raven identifies them almost immediately as Angels. Raven notices a patch on their shirt and grins because it means they were also rebel Angels. Raven hugs the Angels because they are indeed some of her only allies left in the worlds. It still amazes Raven that through all the worlds there are she only has a handful of people who still want her alive. The Angels seem happy to see her, because it reassures them that she is still alive and they still have a cause worth fighting for. One particular group of three showed up that wasn't as friendly as the Angels. Appearing from the trees in the distance are three people walking down to the grave site, so far unnoticed by anyone else. 
April leans into Raven and says "I thought you said there would be all kinds of creatures here?"
"Don't be so stupid please. All monsters look like humans. They have to.  It was adapt and survive or don't adapt and die." says Raven.
"Then how do you know who is what?" asks April.
"The little things they can't hide. Like vampires can't hide their fangs, Demons can show their black eyes, Angels can show their blue eyes, Shape Shifters usually have one distinct flaw from the person they are mimicking." says Raven.
"What about werewolves?' Asks April.
"What the hell are werewolves?" says Raven.
"Oh, I guess those are just fairy tale." says April in a disappointed manner.
The trio from the tree line gets closer and into eyesight of Raven.
"Ill be back" says Raven as she gets up and walks to them.
"Well well well" says Matt
"If it isn't the prodigal sister" says Robert.
"It's been a long time Sis, where ya been?" says Emerald.
"This isn't the place for this Emerald." says Raven sternly.
"Sorry we didn't know where else to find you" says Matt
"But the Demon of Death always finds her way to a funeral" says Robert.
"You never sent me your address, how am I supposed to get in touch" says Emerald.
"I am not the Demon of Death. And I don't want you to find me, ever think that's the point?" Says Raven in a sarcastic tone.
"Strange how all your friends die then" says Robert laughing.
"That is strange Sis, but look at me, all grown up." says Emerald.
"This isn't the place, don't make me repeat myself." says Raven sternly.
"Or what you'll kill me? We've been over this Raven, you don't have the guts to do it." says Emerald.
"Is everything okay over here?" April walks over and says.
Robert shoots April a wink and says "hey there cutie, miss me?"
April looks in disgust and says "What are you doing here?"
Raven steps in to say "They were just leaving April."
"If that's what you want Sissy, i'll do it just for you. But just know, that now that I've found you, we will be in touch again." Emerald says laughing as the trio walks away.


© 2014 Zack Black


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

327 Views
Added on December 20, 2014
Last Updated on December 20, 2014
Tags: supernatural


Author

Zack Black
Zack Black

OH



About
I am a supernatural story based writer who will attempt to blow your mind! more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Zack Black


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Zack Black


Chapter Three Chapter Three

A Chapter by Zack Black