Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

A Chapter by Zack Black

Raven and Robert appear in front of the abandoned warehouse that Raven, Matt and Robert use as a safe house. They walk up up to the door side by side. Raven is shaking, but Robert looks intent.
"This is where we've been hiding for about twenty years." says Robert as he looks over to Raven and puts his hands in his jeans pockets.
"How do you open the door?" asks Raven.
"Like this." says Robert as he pulls a flask from his pocket, opens it, and throws it's contents into Raven's face.
"Oh my God! Is this Holy Water?" screams Raven as she holds her face.
"Open up." says Robert as he pounds the door waiting for someone to open it.
"Hurry up." says Matt as he opens the door letting Robert in as he drags Raven. 
"My eyes, they burn" says Raven as she opens her eyes and sees she is now inside the warehouse in a old wooden chair.
"Hi there sissy, we meet again." says Emerald from a feet away standing next to April who is tied to a support beam.
"You dirty snakes!" says Raven.
"You were double crossed by a Pagan. Are you truly shocked?" says Robert with a grin.
"Now that I think about it no. You're species always have been the kind to follow the path of whoever will lead them to water." says Raven standing up from the chair.
"Forget to tie me down?" says Raven walking toward Emerald, Matt and Robert.
Raven continues to walk towards them drawing her Demon Blade. She suddenly stops and looks confused. Raven looks down and sees red paint on the floor. She turns around and sees a pattern painted on the floor in a circle. 
"Wow sister you must really be out of touch. You don't even recognize a Demon Trap anymore." says Emerald with a smirk. 
"I can't believe this." says Raven as she starts to cry and puts her hands against her face.
"Sorry we had to do this sissy, but you have a pretty big bounty on your head. Do you wanna know the dollar amount?" says Emerald. 
"Enlighten me" says Raven his a hint of anger in her tone.
"For your dead body the Angels are offering me twenty-five million american dollars. Do you know what us three can do with that money? We can move out of this dump for one." says Emerald.
"You would sell your sister out for money?" asks Raven.
"If it makes you feel better were selling the girl's body too." says Robert with a grin.
Just as Robert's sentence finished, the sound of breaking glass comes from a window high in the building's structure. Everyone begins looking for the source of the glass breaking, but no one sees anything. The door that Raven and Robert entered opens and then quickly closes. 
"Find out what's going on!" yells Emerald.
"Yes ma'am" says Robert as Robert and Matt start to run around the warehouse looking for the intruder. 
"The trap is broken" whispers the intruder in Raven's ear as they vanish almost as fast as they appeared.
When Raven looks down she sees the trap is broken by an arrow, then she sees the Demon Blade she had been searching for. Raven grabs it and runs over to April and cuts the binding ropes. Arrows begin to fly around the room. One of the flying arrows hits Matt in his stomach. Matt grabs his stomach and begins screaming in pain. When Matt pulls the arrow out of his stomach he sees that it had been coated in Demonic Fire. Demonic Fire is the equivalent of Holy Water. It burns an Angel, just like the Holy Water did to Raven when Robert threw it in her face. Once Matt gets the arrow out of stomach the burning sensation slowed down, but the pain was still there. Raven finishes cutting the ropes and hugs April. Raven and April run toward the door Raven was drug into. When they get to the door and pull on the handle. Emerald's hand shoves the door closed. Emerald's teeth have turned into fangs and her nails into claws. Emerald throws a scratch at Raven and catches her face. Raven grabs the Demon Blade and cuts Emerald's arm, but Emerald doesn't seem to be phased by it.
"That almost hurt." Emerald says laughing.
"Damn, damn, damn." says Raven stumbling backwards trying to find something to use against her sister as a weapon.
"It's gotta be here somewhere." says April searching through a series of bookcases.
"Can I help you find something?" says Robert with a grin.
"No! Leave me alone!" says April as she tries to get away from Robert.
April begins running around the warehouse being chased by Robert. April is jumping over desks and chairs and table throwing anything down in Robert's way. Robert stops and sways his hand. A chair flies into the air and hits April and she immediately drops to the ground in a pile of  broken chair pieces. All April can hear as blood drips down her face is the screaming and yelling of Raven and Emerald.
"What was everyone so scared of you for? You're just a little girl." says Robert smiling seeming to ignore the screaming.
Robert is sitting on the ground next to April. He moves her hair from her face and cleans some of the blood that is dropping down her head. Suddenly Robert stops and looks at his hands which have turned as red as a flame. He begins shaking and screaming. His hands become even more like a flame. His eyes turn red. He starts grabbing at his hair and it is falling out. Slowly but surely Robert is being burnt alive. April looks up and sees a very tall, skinny man with long legs standing in front of her with a lighter and ashes in his hand. 
"Thank you" April manages to muster the words in her barely conscious  state.
"Don't thank me." says the man who keeps his face hidden. 
The man disappeared almost as quickly as he appeared. Matt still lays on the floor in pain. All that remains of Robert are his ashes. April remains on the ground still bleeding from her head lays on the ground as she fades in and out. Raven and Emerald continue their fight and struggle. Fists are being thrown. Emerald continues to claw and Raven to slice with her knife. They pull each other's hair, shove each other, and even kick each other off of each other. Raven reaches back to a stand and sees a lamp. She reaches for it and grabs it. Raven swings the lamp as hard as she can form the table to the side of Emerald's head. Emerald rolls over onto her back bleeding from the side of her head. Raven musters enough energy to stand. She wipes her mouth and looks for April. When she finds April she picks her up in her arms. April lays lifeless in her arms. April's breathing is very faint and her eyes won't stay open. She doesn't respond to anything Raven says or asks of her. Raven begins walking out of the warehouse with grief. Not entirely the grief of April being dead, but on top of April's death she may have to tell Marsha her youngest child died fighting a battle that may have meant nothing but a simple knife.


© 2014 Zack Black


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

193 Views
Added on December 26, 2014
Last Updated on December 26, 2014
Tags: supernatural, angel, demon


Author

Zack Black
Zack Black

OH



About
I am a supernatural story based writer who will attempt to blow your mind! more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Zack Black


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Zack Black


Chapter Three Chapter Three

A Chapter by Zack Black