Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

A Chapter by Zack Black

Shelly and Emily have been staying in Raven's friend's apartment alone for a few days now. Raven,April and Ace left three days ago to keep moving in search of the final Psychic. Emily got a job as a waitress at the diner down the street. Shelly picked up work working in a clothes store. Now that they both work, they can pay the bills for the apartment and keep their ear out for anything suspicious. Most of the people in the Pagan world have picked up that Emily is not a Pagan, some just ask, while others stare. Shelly has begun to pick up little things when it comes to her powers. They are sitting at their table discussing things they have overheard over the week.
"Hear anything?" asks Shelly.
"I think a table I was waiting on yesterday was a group of hopeful renegades." says Emily.
"How many?" asks Shelly.
"Only four." says Emily with the loss of hope in her voice.
"I don't know why almost everyone loves that woman." says Shelly shaking her head.
"Fear probably. Even Hitler had his supporters." says Emily.
"But a whole mass of people? That's insane!" says Shelly looking out the window.
"I think it's time to make the call to Elijah, see what he knows." says Emily. 
Emily picks up the landline phone, she doesn't even dial any numbers and it starts to ring. he phone rings twice and she hears a voice form the other end.
"Hello, Elijah speaking." says the voice.
"Hi, Elijah. This is Emily, I'm a friend of Raven's." says Emily.
"I'll be right over." says Elijah as he hangs up the phone.
Just as he promised Elijah came over about ten minutes later. He takes the third seat at the table and takes a drink from his flask that he keeps in his jacket pocket.
"My name is Elijah, and I am what is called a Black Magic Pagan." says Elijah as he puts his feet on the table.
"Many people don't like the magic I do, but I tell them to mind their own." continues Elijah.
"What is Black Magic?" asks Shelly.
"I can cause destruction and havoc and chaos." laughs Elijah.
"Like any other Pagan, you just specialize in it." explains Emily.
"Exactly. I have no intention in rigging my kid's soccer games or hitting the lottery. I am strictly here to fight back. This Elder has gotta go." says Elijah taking his feet off the table and sitting up putting his elbows on his knees. 
"Raven told me that you used to live on Earth?" asks Emily.
"That I did, lil' lady. You can trace my roots back to the motherland." says Elijah.
"Where's that?' asks Shelly.
"Africa. You can trace my roots all throughout Louisiana all the way back to the boat ride over." explains Elijah.
The three continue chatting for a few hours, talking about Elijah's background. Emily still questions how truthful Elijah really is. Shelly seems full enveloped in his trust. A few hours pass and Shelly has fallen asleep in one of the two bedrooms. Elijah has decided to spend the night.
"Still don't trust me?" says Elijah taking off his jacket and putting it on the chair.
"Can't say I do. Interesting you picked up on that without me saying anything." says Emily letting her hair out of the ponytail.
"May I ask why?" asks Elijah taking off his fedora, setting it on the table.
"Well maybe when your trying to make friends, don't open with Black Magic." says Emily with a tone of sass in her voice.
"I didn't come to be your friend. I came to do Raven a favor." says Elijah with just as much attitude.
"How did you meet Raven anyway?" asks Emily.
"Baton Rouge, 2006. The governor was trying to pass some legislature banning Black Magic without a vote from the people." explains Elijah.
"I put a hex bag in the wrong place and almost ruined the whole operation. Raven cleaned up my mistake and talked me into not doing it." continues Elijah.
"So you're familiar with revolutions eh?" asks Emily.
"That's why you guys stayed back? To start a revolution here? Ha! Good luck." laughs Elijah.
"What do you mean?" asks Emily.
"Any rebellion ever attempted here has failed miserably. Supporters duck out at the first loss. But the word on the street is there's still one Necromancer left." says Elijah.
"You watched it on TV too. She killed all of them." says Emily.
"But, the rumor is that there was one more kid. A daughter. Who the public has named the Black Widow. To add to that rumor, I heard Nathan has been snooping around looking for her as well. Elder Sarah claims to have her in captivity and is willing to sell to the highest bidder." says Elijah.
"Do you think she actually has her?" asks Emily.
"No chance in Hell. Sarah is trying too hard to keep it hushed. This could be the perfect time to make a move." says Elijah.
"I've met Nathan, he gets what he wants. Especially now that the Council was practically hand picked by him. He got them all their jobs on the Council in the first place." says Emily.
Nathan marches toward Elder Sarah's throne room angry as ever.
"Wait right here sir. I know you want to see her, but she is busy." says a guard. Without even blinking Nathan turns and pulls out a Demon Blade. He pushes the guard against the wall.
"I suggest you keep your god damn mouth shut." says Nathan with the blade up to the guards throat.
"I, uh, yes. Go ahead. Sir." says the Guard stumbling to get a breath out of complete fear. Nathan drops the guard to the ground and continues his hunt for Sarah. As he approaches the door, he swings his hands and the door opens without him touching it. 
"Sarah we need to talk." says Nathan in a fit of rage to Elder Sarah who is sitting in her throne while someone stands there watching them.
"I'm a little busy Nathan." says Sarah pointing to the person standing there.
"Who is it?" says Nathan, appearing to have calmed down a bit.
"A representative from a nearby town, asking for approval of a project to improve their town." says Sarah.
"Oh, I'm so sorry. Look I'll make this quick for you." says Nathan, as he looks at the ma standing there in front of Sarah. Nathan puts his hand up, palm facing the man. He then swings his hand quickly so that his palm faces him. The man who came to talk to Sarah's head spins around and snaps off his body.
"Now let's talk." says Nathan sternly.
"Oh my god!" exclaims Sarah at what Nathan just did.
"Like I said. Let's talk." says Nathan as his eyes turn black.
"Calm down Nathan!" yells Sarah trying to reason with Nathan.
"You told me that you had the Widow. I've done some snooping around, in fact you have no idea where she is." says Nathan.
"I uhm, uh. I." stutters Sarah.
"Shut up! Stop your stammering and babbling you fool!" yells Nathan.
"Listen, I've closed in on her. I just need a few more days and I can get her. I promise." pleads Sarah, now down on her knees.
"Get up, you piece of trash." says Nathan.
"I want the Widow tomorrow. For half the price we first agreed on." says Nathan.
"Half? Nathan, be serious now. I have other buyers who will buy her for double your original offer and give me as much time as I need." says Sarah.
"Yes, but if you don't give me the Widow, I will kill you." says Nathan pointing to the headless body of the man.
"And that's my promise." continues Nathan as he walks out of the room.


© 2015 Zack Black


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

109 Views
Added on May 28, 2015
Last Updated on May 29, 2015


Author

Zack Black
Zack Black

OH



About
I am a supernatural story based writer who will attempt to blow your mind! more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Zack Black


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Zack Black


Chapter Three Chapter Three

A Chapter by Zack Black