Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

A Chapter by Zack Black

Raven and April carry Ace through the dark woods. The wind continues to blow. The ground is littered with roots, leaves, dead flowers, and the occasional scurrying animal. 
"Do you think the Fallen Blades can help us?" asks April.
"It's possible. If anyone can help us find the last Psychic it would be them." says Raven.
"But why would they help us raise the Dragons, if they're the ones who put them away?" asks April.
"Well that's the thing. We may not raise the Dragons. If what everyone says about Aldemar and Sabri is true, we may need something else to put them down." says Raven.
"If we can bring the Psychics together, they can't." says April, realizing the plan.  Raven simply nods.
After walking for what seems like hours they see lights. They can't help but assume that's the cabin Mr. Stanton, the spirit was referring to. Raven notions for April to stay back with Ace while she goes up to knock on the door. The wooden steps creak as Raven's boots hit the first step, then again on the second, then again on the third, and finally on the fourth. As she steps up onto the porch, it creaks just as loud as each of the steps, if not louder.  Just as she goes to knock on the door she hears a loud creaking noise coming from a dark corner of the front porch. Raven turns to the noise drawing her Demon Blade. 
"Put the blade away sweet thing." says an old raspy voice followed by a cough.
"Who are you?" asks Raven sternly.
"You're on my property." says the voice. 
"Good point. My name is Raven, Mr. Stanton told me how to get here, he said you were a healer. My friend he's hurt." explains Raven.
"Stanton huh? That b*****d owes me so much money. You tell that son of a b***h Stanton." says the old raspy voice, stopping to cough.
"He's dead." says Raven, interrupting his cough.
"It was only a matter of time before he got himself killed. Him and those stupid Blades." says the voice.
"So who are you?" asks Raven.
"My name is Rutherford, Rutherford Stanton. You can call me Ruth." says the raspy voice emerging from the shadows.
"Stanton, of course. What relation?" asks Raven.
"He was my brother. Come on, bring your friend in here, I'll get him fixed up." says Ruth motioning for Raven to bring Ace inside.
Raven walks down the creaking wooden steps to April and Ace. She puts herself under Ace's right arm. April nods and smiles knowing that Ace is welcomed. They carry him up the steps onto the porch and then Ruth opens the door, showing them in.
"Set him on the table over here." says Ruth coughing and pointing to a medical table.
"He was slammed into the base of a tree, he's only a human." says Raven helping April put Ace's body onto the table.
"Humans are tricky subjects." says Ruth lifting the back of Ace's shirt, showing his back is completely bruised. Only a few spots haven't turned purple. 
"Something is broken or busted." continues Ruth as he looks among his tools for something to use.
"Can you fix him?" asks April still holding Ace's bow and arrows in his bag.
"More than likely." says Ruth, picking up an acupuncture needle and admiring it in the light.
"Let's see what happens here." says Ruth inserting the needle into Ace's spine. Ace twitches and lets out a small squeal. 
"You're hurting him!" yells April.
"That's good. It means he isn't a lost cause. He still has feeling and can talk. It means he isn't paralyzed."says Ruth removing the needle.
"Do, do, do, do, do." hums Ruth in his raspy voice as he looks for something in his cupboards. 
"Ah! Here it is! This is an old remedy that my mother taught me, and her mother taught her." says Ruth.
"Was your brother a healer too?" asks Raven.
"No, Usually only one per generation. Typically it goes to the first born, but he only had me by a couple of minutes. And he wasn't that interested." says Ruth.
"I thought you two looked similar." says April with a smile.
"He aged a little better than me, but of course I picked up some bad habits in my life. Don't start smokin' kid. Or do acid, but that's a different story for a different time." says Ruth emptying the contents of the remedy bag onto Ace's back. 
"This should clear up in a couple of days." says Ruth rubbing the ingredients onto Ace's back. 
"Thank you Ruth." says Raven with a smile.
"He's important to a lot of people." says April. 
"Well I know his mission to protect you, young lady. And I love what you guys are doing. Maybe the Dragons will work out, maybe they won't. But Sabri needs to be stopped. If he isn't he will raise the Dragons and rule them. And then all the worlds will be under his control." says Ruth. 
"Thank you." says Raven, helping Ace up, who seems already better.
"I think I can do it myself." says Ace trying to catch his breath. 
"You sure?" asks April as she Raven step back enough to let him try to do it himself, but close enough to catch him if he falls. 
"I'm good, I'm good." says Ace with a smile and a faint laugh. He hugs Raven and April.
"Thank you guys! And thank you sir." says Ace turning to Ruth to shake his hand.
"Just don't make it a habit." says Ruth laughing as he shakes Ace's hand.
"Now you guys get outta here and go find 'em." says Ruth patting Raven's shoulder.


© 2015 Zack Black


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
Added on June 4, 2015
Last Updated on June 5, 2015
Tags: supernatural, angel, demon, psychic, pagan


Author

Zack Black
Zack Black

OH



About
I am a supernatural story based writer who will attempt to blow your mind! more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Zack Black


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Zack Black


Chapter Three Chapter Three

A Chapter by Zack Black