Sweet Sixteen

Sweet Sixteen

A Poem by 914

Where have all the years gone?  I can still remember when our daughter was born as though it was yesterday. She weighed just over six pounds and wrapped up in a blanket looking nice and warm. The features she had were all of her moms and we were thankful for her having all of her fingers and toes and good health for us to behold.
I would make this a memorable event buy buying her a gift with money well spent and present it to her on her sweet sixteenth birthday instead.
Sixteen years later to that day my wife and I woke up early to present her our gift we had tucked away so long ago just for this day.
A wooden jewelry box with a little  ballerina that twirles inside as the music plays.
The music was subtle at first then more pronounced as our daughter woke up to her surprise as she read the inscription on the inside.
Sixteen years ago GOD gave us a gift and what a surprise you were to us ''love you always Mom and Dad . She looked at us both peering in on her and smiled and whispered thank you. Well that was years ago and our daughter now has a family of her own and a daughter whose about to turn sixteen .
I guess this music box will turn into a family heirloom and be passed down for generations to come on their sixteenth birthday as the music still plays on and the ballerina continuously spins for years to come....

© 2016 914


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

165 Views
Added on April 29, 2016
Last Updated on May 27, 2016

Author

914
914

Boise, ID



About
No claims here, I just write.... more..

Writing
Last train home Last train home

A Poem by 914


HEAVEN HEAVEN

A Story by 914


PEANUT PEANUT

A Story by 914