Ty's Email

Ty's Email

A Story by Shannon
"

New World Frustration

"

I stare at the screen. Reading, rereading, what Ty has written. My sleep-deprived brain attempts to process that these words, these precise words, were sent across miles of phone lines, fiber optics, and servers that make up the internet.


“James,


I apologize, we are unable to complete the asinine task by your bedtime...”


Shaking my head, I consider how to rectify my email, informing our manager that the assigned task will not be completed by his deadline.


Meanwhile, in some hidden corner of the internet, Ty Poe and his cousin, Otto, high five each other for creating this ducking mess.

© 2016 Shannon


Author's Note

Shannon
This will make way more sense if you have read about Ty's cousin, Otto Korrect, http://www.writerscafe.org/writing/SMi/1787003/.

This is 100 words. Because why not? But perhaps it is too short for clarity?

As always, all constructive feedback welcome!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I have had something similar to this happen. New world frustration, for sure. A few autocorrected words can cause a whole lot of confusion. Good one.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Shannon

7 Years Ago

Yes and occasionally significant embarrassment. Thanks for the review!
This is brilliant in its simplicity. I've always admired people who could write flash fiction like this. I cannot. I am too verbose by half. I cwould have sat down to write this in 100 words, and spent it describing the evening sunset, greenish glow of the aging Macintosh screen, and lukewarm cup of coffee sitting on the beat-up old desk. I truly admire your skill at cutting through the unnecessary and delivering a witty story - not only delivering the critical components, but breathing life into characters in less words than a strongly worded email.

When it comes to delivering characters that are fully realized for thirty seconds, by Jove, you've done it again!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Shannon

7 Years Ago

Thank you again, Joshua. I tend to be verbose too in a slightly different way. I suspect we might.. read more
Many people have tried to make jokes about the bizarre messages that auto-correct delivers while we're not paying close enuf attention, but this one is definitely the most hilarious I've seen & I suspect that you crafted this, not auto-correct, which causes me to admire your creativity all the more: "assigned" --> "asinine" and "deadline" --> "bedtime" . . . delivering a very humorous scenario in so few words!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Shannon

7 Years Ago

Thank you barleygirl. I was imagining that Otto and Ty might be in cahoots with the characters real.. read more
Clever. I'm sure many people have similar experiences, if not exactly the same.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Shannon

7 Years Ago

Thanks. Was aiming for universality there. And always aim for clever.
I genuinely love this piece. It was cleverly written, and a good poke of fun at the mischievous duo that wrecks anyone wanting to write something.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Shannon

7 Years Ago

Yes, quite a pair aren't they?
Thanks for stopping by to read and review.
That can be scary, like the way unclear thoughts creates confusion and complications similarly the pre-planned attacks of typoe and Otto can make so many difficulties... I loved what he did with the word 'deadline'... Lol, I have experienced it on my own, and I can tell you most people can relate to this write like they did with Otto Korrect... A very clever write, and I can understand the strictness of writing a story of 100 words... Well done S...

Sincerely
Dhiman

Posted 7 Years Ago


Shannon

7 Years Ago

Thank you Dhiman. I see you relate to this on multiple levels. I think my writing of Ty might be a .. read more
Otto Korrect and Ty are a very active family. They never rest and work worldwide. A very funny piece. Thank you.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Shannon

7 Years Ago

Lol, very good point Francisco! Thank you for taking the time to read and review.
I like it! Clarity is everything in the digital age and I think it worked well. Amusing and entertaining. Stay inspired!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Shannon

7 Years Ago

Thanks Andronicus.
Lol! Haha! Sweetheart, you got a genuine loud from the gut laugh out of me!
So clever, and so funny!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Shannon

7 Years Ago

Thanks so much Papaya, for the read and review! Glad you see some humour.
Ana Papaya

7 Years Ago

I do. :) well done, lovely one

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1270 Views
19 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 10, 2016
Last Updated on September 11, 2016

Author

Shannon
Shannon

Canada



About
I like to explore the world through the human experience, at once both varied and singular. Reading, writing and meeting people makes one's world larger. I enjoy connecting with people, learning.. more..

Writing
The Lamp The Lamp

A Story by Shannon


Inevitable Inevitable

A Poem by Shannon