Summertime Adventures

Summertime Adventures

A Story by Saffy
"

Just words and happy moments to hold dear.

"
A cool breeze blows across the trees, like the faint whispers of divine spirits.
Children play, skipping and jumping through the grasses, their laughter filling the air with warmth. Blackbirds float back and forth across the horizon before deciding upon a place to land.
The bird song fades into the forest, like the slow diminuendo of a summer symphony. The air is still for a moment, I hear the sound of laughter draw near. As I breathe, my heart swells with love, admiration and pride. I look down to see my daughter reaching out to hold my hand.

© 2017 Saffy


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Beautiful poem. The way you managed to convey simple joys of life simply left me awe struck. And the description of the perfect summer day left my heart yearning for a place I've never been to. Weird, but that's what writing should do. Keep writing, you're great at it!

Love,
Vasilees.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Very nice. Doesn't take much to be an adventure to a child, and you took a perfect moment in time and captured it. Well done.

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

100 Views
2 Reviews
Added on June 13, 2017
Last Updated on June 13, 2017

Author

Saffy
Saffy

Birmingham , United Kingdom



About
Authenticity in words. Amature writer with amature words more..

Writing
Change Change

A Poem by Saffy