I'm Sorry

I'm Sorry

A Poem by Michelle Rachel
"

...

"
I love you.
Three words, you think it would be so simple to say. Yes, I've said it as friends, I've said it as a joke. But it's not that way. There's a place in my heart that only you fill. Not music, or writing, or anything else that I've ever done, nothing but you, love, has ever completely filled this hole. 
I still remember the day we met, it was so magical. You were one of my friends friends in a different state, and just for the fun of it, I decided to reach out to  you. Our conversation was slow, but after I got your phone number from my friend and we started talking that way, it was instant. I knew then that I loved you, and that nothing would ever change that. Now I sit here at two in the morning and read that you've cried your last tears, not because you're moving on, but because you've exhausted your tears to the point that you're not able to cry anymore. I'm sorry, love, I never meant for it to get this bad, I never meant to hurt you that way. I wish sometimes that I had just listened to you, heard your heard and melded it with my own, and never let you go. All those idiots that chase you don't know that you have a dangerously protective person right behind you who will stop at nothing to guard her love. 
I hope that someday we can meet in real life, talk in real life, not through microphones and speakers. I long for the day I can hear your voice, feel your breath on my neck as you whisper in my ear the things you never could say over the phone. I know that this day may never happen, but I will hope for as long as I have breath, because this love is something that will never die. I don't know how to tell you, but it's true.
I love you.

© 2017 Michelle Rachel


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Does not seem like a poem but a part out of a story. The large paragraphs may put people off reading it as with a poem people are generally expecting shortish stanzas. But I like what I've read; if it was part of a story then I would probably enjoy the book. Keep writing.

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

154 Views
1 Review
Added on June 12, 2017
Last Updated on June 12, 2017

Author

Michelle Rachel
Michelle Rachel

South Bend , IN



About
Times are changing and it's for the better. more..

Writing
You You

A Poem by Michelle Rachel