The Message

The Message

A Story by Lost & Lonely

I was sitting up in my room when I heard a knock on the door. A few moments later my mom called for me.


“Kimmy you have someone at the door!” 


I rushed down the stairs and stopped dead in my tracks when I saw Carlos standing in my doorway. 


“Let’s go for a walk.” He told me in a stern voice.


“I’ll be home later mom, I love you.” 


I kissed her cheek before following Carlos out the door. We walked about half a block before he pushed me into the back of a car. I looked over to the man on my left, he didn’t look familiar but Rayland was driving. I swallowed the lump in my throat as I watched us head towards Dane’s house. 


“What the hell do you want?” I snapped at Carlos finally


“You’ll find out soon enough Kim.” He smirked and chuckled.


Before long we parked in front of Dane’s house and Carlos grabbed my arms, tying my wrists behind my back.


“Just a safety precaution”


“Scared of a girl Carlos?” I asked sarcastically.


He smacked me across the face before pulling me from the car towards the house. Once inside he took me right downstairs and tossed me onto the blood stained mattress like I was a piece of trash. I was worried now as Carlos walked over to me a crouched down, a wicked smile on his face. 


“You’re going to pass on a message for us, got it.” 


“I’ll never do anything for you.” I practically hissed. 


Carlos grabbed me by the throat and pinned me to the mattress, cutting off my ability to breath. 


“It wasn’t a question, it’s an order!” he released my neck and I gasped for a breath of air. 


“Burn in hell.” I managed to breathe out as I looked up at him. 


He smacked me hard and I could feel blood trickle down from my lower lip.  


“you don’t learn do you?” he looked over at the guy standing at the bottom of the stairs, “go get Dane, I think he’ll want some time with his ex.” 


A few seconds later Dane appeared at the bottom of the stairs. “Well if it isn’t Kimberlee?” he said wickedly, “ready to deliver our message?”

He walked over to me as he spoke and as soon as he was in my face I spit in his. He wiped the mix of blood and spit of his face and picked me up by my neck. 


“Wrong answer.” His tone was flat and furious 


He threw me into the wall and as I fell to the floor, I felt a sharp pain spaz through my ribs and arms. I looked up and Dane was at my side, he kicked me a few times before pulling me up by my hair. His other hand placed a blade to my throat, I felt the sharp blade slice into my skin. He removed it and threw me to the floor, I managed to roll onto my back and look up at him. He got on top of me and placed the blade between my breasts pressing just hard enough to break the skin, before removing it and moving it to cut another part of my body. As I bled on his floor I looked into his eyes for a long moment before he spoke. 


“We’ll have to deliver the message a little differently now.” He smirked “you’re going to tell Julius that I know all about what he’s planning.” He got into my face and spoke in a low stern tone, “if you don’t all the deaths will be on your hands.” 


“You’re a sick b*****d, Julius isn’t scared of you.” 


“If he’s not scared why can’t he come out and fight me like a real man?  He hides like a little pansy-a*s girl ‘I’m so awesome and can do no wrong… but confront me and I’ll run away like a cowardly p***y I am.’ God that lying son of a b***h pisses me off!” 


“Awe you must be secretly in love with him, you think about him all the time.” 

He hit me hard.


“Don’t you f*****g talk to me like that b***h? You’ll tell that disrespectful, lying, cheating, son of b***h that I know is plan!” he grabbed me by my throat and dragged me to the stairs where Carlos was waiting. “We best get you there before you bleed out.” 


Carlos put me in the back of the car with him and Rayland started to drive. As we drove to wherever they planned on dropping me off, I started to feel all the cuts Dane had given me. I could feel a small trickle of blood running down from my neck to my chest where it mixed with the shallow cut between my breasts. There was a long shallow cut that ran down my upper arm as well. I knew Dane had been exaggerating about me bleeding out, but I didn’t know how long I had been bleeding for. Just as I was getting my head around it all the car stopped and Carlos pulled me from my seat, he walked me down the block and up to a house. 


“Now be a good girl and tell Julius our message.” As he spoke he pushed me towards the front door.


I stumbled slightly but made my way up to the door. As I went to reach to reach out to knock I realized my wrist where still tied behind my back. 


“f**k.” I swore under my breath and slumped hard against the door. 


I made a small glance back the way I had come and saw that Carlos had left. There was a slight moment of relief before I started to feel how weak I was becoming. I turned so I could grip the door handle with my left hand and knocked slowly four times and fast twice before I turned the handle and pushed the door open. I stumbled and tripped as I backed into the house, I hit the floor hard with my back and managed to kick the door closed. I rested my head on the floor and looked up at the ceiling, taking a deep breath before realizing I was bleeding on Julius’s floor. I rolled onto my side and tried to find a way to get up off the floor, without much luck. I couldn’t get my hands free and I was starting to get fuzzy from the blood loss. I looked desperately around the entry way but there was nothing that I could get to that would help me. 


“So what’s the damage on you? I presume you’re not laying on my floor for the fun of it; I’ve been told it isn’t all that comfortable.”  

My head snapped back to where I’d been looking only a few seconds before. Rather than a bare wall and plain ceiling through, this time Julius was standing over me with a smirk on his face. 


“Yeah well it’s not the worst accommodations I’ve ever had,” I let myself roll over onto my back to look up at him as I spoke. He must have seen all the blood then because his expression got serious. 


“Come on, get up.” He said in a much sterner voice then before. As I was about to protest and tell him I couldn’t, he knelt down and I felt his hands under my shoulders pushing me up.  He got me into a sitting position and then pulled me up to lean me face first against the wall. I was about to ask what the hell he was doing when I felt the rope around my wrist loosen. I shook the rope off and grabbed at my wrists. 


“I never was one for being tied up, “ I said to Julius as he turned me back around to face him and proceeded to just pick me up and carry me to the bathroom. 

He set me down on a built in stool that was right against the wall. I let myself slump against the wall and looked at Julius, he had an expression that was a mix of concern and anger. I slowly opened my mouth to tell him I was fine.


“Take off your shirt.” His tone hadn’t changed. I froze not expecting him to say that. I was just composing my thoughts when Lori spoke, I hadn’t even seen her come up to the doorway. 


“Maybe she’d be more comfortable if I cleaned and bandaged her Julius.” She spoke in the softest tone, one id never heard her use before. I really didn’t care who did it at this point, I knew I had to tell Julius, Dane’s message before they cleaned me up. 


“He knows.” I looked down after I spoke. I felt them looking at me but I couldn’t make eye contact with them. “He knows what you’re planning.” I managed to lift my head and look straight at Julius now. He was hiding his emotions well but I saw a slight confusion cross his face before he spoke in a flat tone. 


“Who knows what plan?” 


I darted my eyes down and let the words slide out with my breath 


“Dane.”


They were both silent for a long time, when I looked up at them Lori spoke as she stepped slowly towards me. 


“Dane likes to believe he knows everything, but he’s only trying to intimidate us and push us into a trap. He needs to feel in control.” She was looking at me but I could tell she was speaking more to Julius than me. She gently lifted my head and took a closer look at me, I saw almost a look of guilt cross her face before she looked at Julius and spoke in a slightly more controlled tone. 


“I can clean her up, if you don’t mind getting her some water.” 


Julius looked almost as if he’d seen the same look I’d seen her have, but he only 

nodded and left, closing the door behind him.


“Can you lift your shirt yourself?” her tone had shifted to one of a caring mother. 


“Umm…yeah.” I slowly took my shirt off and leaned back against the wall, closing my eyes as she got a wet cloth. When she spoke what startled me was that he tone was sad. 


“Dane can’t let anything go, everything’s revenge.” 


I flinched as she lightly touched the warm cloth to my neck and started to clean the blood. I glanced down at her and fully remembered that she was in fact Dane’s little sister. 


“I guess he’s really never had any redeeming qualities.”   


She looked up at me for a moment before moving to rinse the cloth. When she came back and started to clean the blood from my chest I didn’t think shed speak again. She only looked sadder. 


“At least you have Julius now.” I was trying to lighten the mood and it seemed to work because she smiled slightly and moved the cloth to my arm. 


“Yeah I do have Julius now,” she laughed lightly “the big bad Julius.” 


I had to laugh too cause we both know just what kinds of name Dane had for him.

© 2015 Lost & Lonely


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This story has potential. Apart from some minor errors, I think a little bit more resistance from the girl would have been appropriate. How about some screaming? You made it seem as if she was just a sitting duck, waiting for whatever punishment was coming her way.

Does the story continue? I was expecting some sort of climax, but nothing came. Is there more?

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lost & Lonely

8 Years Ago

Thank you. Yes there is a lot more to this story. Kim has a lot of history with the guys and so that.. read more



Reviews

I really like the conversation. So this is just a side story then? Anyway, this is quite great. Just a suggestion, because I haven't read the main story yet, it would have been better and clear if you could add some bits of info about the circumstance of the characters. It made me wonder first of 'why did the girl just obliged to come with the guy when she knew she'd be harassed and treated like that?' Though, it urged me read further because I was intrigued. The flow of this story is smooth. Just add some details so at least, the readers will not be lost. Just a friendly suggestion! :) Keep on writing!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lost & Lonely

8 Years Ago

thank you. Im looking at fixing it up here soon.
TheMalady

8 Years Ago

You're very welcome! :)
This story has potential. Apart from some minor errors, I think a little bit more resistance from the girl would have been appropriate. How about some screaming? You made it seem as if she was just a sitting duck, waiting for whatever punishment was coming her way.

Does the story continue? I was expecting some sort of climax, but nothing came. Is there more?

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lost & Lonely

8 Years Ago

Thank you. Yes there is a lot more to this story. Kim has a lot of history with the guys and so that.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

362 Views
2 Reviews
Added on July 20, 2015
Last Updated on August 22, 2015