GoodBye My Brother

GoodBye My Brother

A Story by Shannon
"

It's about a girl who has a tragic past.

"

It was a warm, midsummer night when it came for my brother and me. I’ve never been so scared in my life. Brother shoved me under our bed before he hid himself in the closet. I held my hand over my mouth so I would not scream as the monster burst through the door. It was so hard not to think about how easy it would be for this monster to find me.
    I could hear it sniffing at the air. Then it stocked towards the bed I was under. Its large-scaled hands and sharp claws clutched the wood frame. My heart filled with dread ,and I’ve never wanted to be somewhere that wasn’t home before. Watching helplessly as the bed started to lift off the ground, I closed my eyes and prayed (Only to open them again when the closet door snapped open). I saw my brother’s feet desperately try to run for the bedroom door, but he didn’t make it.
    The monster grabbed my brother by the head and slammed him to the floor. Tears flooded his eyes. The monster started to make noises I couldn’t even try to describe.  The noises started to become soft enough for me to notice my brother was talking. As the tears streamed down his face he kept repeating the same things over and over ,and the words will haunt me for the rest of my life. ‘Stay hidden. Look away.’ But, I couldn’t.
    Hearing a sickening crunch I broke eye contact with my brother. I wish I hadn’t. The monster had torn brother’s leg almost completely off.  It then took one of its hands and scraped it’s claws down brother’s torso and belly, before the claws pierced his flesh. I couldn’t look anymore as strips of flesh were torn from my brother’s body. Blood pooled on the floor and ran down the cracks between the floor boards. I closed my eyes and laid motionlessly for hours. The monster had left after finishing off my brother, obviously thinking there was nothing else for it to devour. There was nothing left for me to bury the following morning.
    I gathered my brother’s belonging and my own. It took me two trips, but I managed to get them to the grave I dug only moments before. As I buried the items, the heat from my burning home starting to make me sweat.  I turned to looked at the flames that burst through the windows. Letting the shovel in my hand drop to the ground, I turned my back to the flames and the grave. As I moved forward, I never looked back. Not even once.
    I’ll never forget that night, or that day. My brother’s death will never be forgotten. I’ll never forgive the monster that took my brother away from me. All my years of searching had lead me to the forest of Alfergard. With my brother’s sword on my hip I walked forward into the forest. My dream of revenge will soon be a reality.
    

© 2009 Shannon


Author's Note

Shannon
I finally got around to editing my story.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow. Shannon you're a really good writer. I reallt hope you continue on this piece.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

235 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 22, 2009
Last Updated on May 7, 2009

Author

Shannon
Shannon

Indianola, IA



About
more..

Writing
haunted haunted

A Poem by Shannon


with you with you

A Poem by Shannon