Final Moments

Final Moments

A Poem by Samantha Tamburello

The indistinct chatter is what had her, here she clings to the edge of the ladder. Count to 10, release her grip with a nervous bite to the bottom lip. 100 feet below, Manhattan, honk honk, flash flash, chatter chatter chatter. Slippery palms, quick nervous thoughts, her mother's visage pops into her brain. Face plain, no effect, life has shattered her, nothing left. Spectacles slipping off the nose, clenching toes, a moment of silence before an eternity of tranquility. But just how tranquil is tranquility when it clings to the remaining humanity. Haunting the nightmares of the living, "what could I have done?" "What had my child undergone?" as they bury their only child into the ground. Not a sound. A tear escapes her cheek, plummets 100 feet. Goodbye cruel world, miss me if you care. She releases the bars and cascades through the air. 

© 2018 Samantha Tamburello


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very sad ending, this is how life turns out for some of us... The intensity was throughout the poem, deep thoughts of painful memories... Very well captured with perfect selection of words... Thought provoking...

Sincerely
Dhiman

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

110 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 13, 2016
Last Updated on April 17, 2018
Tags: death, suicide, sadness, woman

Author

Samantha Tamburello
Samantha Tamburello

New York, NY



About
Author. Poet. Playwright. more..

Writing