New idea.. need some help?

New idea.. need some help?

A Story by SamSim27

Hi guys,

I haven't written much for a while because I've been bogged down with a new idea I've had.

I work with teens and young adults with special needs; a fair amount of them have problems reading - whether that's because they are dyslexic, because they have poor comprehensive skills or because they just find reading difficult.

I have found that for young people with a low reading level/age, it is a real struggle to find a book that captivates them. This is because the books that interest them are too difficult for them to read, but the books aimed at their level are not aimed at their age. They are stuck reading books about farm animals, or princesses or other very young subjects.

My idea is to write some relevant and age appropriate short stories that have basic vocabulary but interesting and complex storylines. I want the young people I work with and many others like them to be able to pick up a book and be excited by it, not wary or worried or bored - but genuinely excited!

I'm talking to some of my students to find out what stories they'd like to read about .. if you guys could also talk to any teenagers you know (with special needs or low reading level or avid and experienced readers) to find out what stories interest them, what do they want to read about.

If you guys could help me out that would be awesome!!
Thanks for your help, in advance!

© 2017 SamSim27


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

175 Views
Added on March 27, 2017
Last Updated on March 27, 2017
Tags: Love, reading, words, support, teens, struggle, interests

Author

SamSim27
SamSim27

London, United Kingdom



Writing
Untitled Untitled

A Story by SamSim27