REJUVENATION

REJUVENATION

A Poem by Samhitha Mopati
"

What is bound to occur will occur and nature will definitely take revenge!

"
O modest nature,
So generous you have been,
the vivaciousness that you feature,
Generations have seen!
When the trees you bore 
were slaughtered, rendered fruitless,
Ruthlessly by we dreaded humans,
You just stuck to your peaceful core,
Standing tall, paying no heed to the mess!
When your holy land was drilled,
Marred and exploited,
for unimaginably wicked deeds,
In the name of exploration,
All you did was to wait,
Wait for recuperation,
With utmost patience!
Dear Mother Earth,
Don't you fret!
Ignorance will pay,
We humans will have to sweat,
Today, tomorrow or some other day,
Crowned and enthroned thou shall be,
As it's nature's own policy,
To restore what is oppressed,
And that day shall be celebrated,
As the day of REJUVENATION!

© 2015 Samhitha Mopati


Author's Note

Samhitha Mopati

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Two invites in one day you seem like an "eager beaver". Another discrete poem -- I think you have intenteded to be a Quatrain a-b-a-b with female rhymes (seen - been) but then it then changed to (bore and core) and then it seemed to have freed itself only to come back to a rhyming scheme in the latter parts of the writings.

Having just commented on another writing you seem intent on exploiting all the possibilities that punctuation offers, but also disregarding its boundaries -- so when it seems convinient to you sort of thing. I think the agreement is that if you are to follow puntuation then the comma will be an indentation and the next word should follow with a capital. In terms of theme, you seem to want to point to the ongoing saga which is coexistence and coethreatened. We inhabit a space which is not ours yet we disrespect and we forget innevitably leading to our demise. As for the optimism shown in the ending part of the writing, I can only adhere and hope that indeed we find a way through.

It will take long to continue with the unravelling of the writing, but I saw stanzas and I saw a thread in each one, I saw the potential of a more planned rhyme and maybe even a suggestion in terms of theme of how do you envision that we may regain a little respect so the Theme gains weight and not a levity which seems only based in hope. Sorry I wish I could go more into it, but I don't have anymore time.

Thank you for your invites...



Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

We are indeed exploiting nature to a great extent. Nice write :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Awesome. I like the way the message is conveyed. The selfish human acts put forth and then calling for the day of rejuvenation. Too good.

Posted 9 Years Ago


I agree, nature has much patience and compassion for us who trash it, abuse it, take it for granted, take advantage of it, make money of it, etc. But nature can go for so long...no wonder we have calamities today that are not just man-made. Volcanoes erupting, hurricanes, twisters, floods, dying of animals, not having enough food to eat, water to drink. It's time we think about beyond ourselves and our selfish needs and wants. If we want the world to continue, it's time we make the proper adjustments to conserve it!

Posted 9 Years Ago


excellent comment on the destruction of mankind on the world of nature :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Samhitha Mopati

9 Years Ago

thanks! :)










read more
Wonderful and lovely work, Speaks of Nature and creation. Keep up the good work.
All the best with your writing.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Samhitha Mopati

9 Years Ago

Thank you very much! :)
Beautiful and inspiring work :) Love the style and message

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Samhitha Mopati

9 Years Ago

:) Glad you liked it!
Wow this is amazing! Nature has served us her best and we got to be grateful to her. When anything cross it's limit, there's a crash by all means.

Posted 9 Years Ago


A beautiful piece! One of the gravest truths in the world depicted creatively and effectively. A nice read. Thanks for sharing. :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a beautiful flawless piece.. well written :)

Posted 9 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

707 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 22, 2015
Last Updated on February 22, 2015
Tags: nature, environment, ecosystem, greenery

Author

Samhitha Mopati
Samhitha Mopati

Hyderabad, Telangana, India



About
A girl with a generous and dwindling soul, attempting to speak my heart out to the world. I'm enamoured by people and their behavior and often dedicate my poems and articles to them. I'm seventeen ye.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Blessed son Blessed son

A Poem by armin