My Favorite Song

My Favorite Song

A Poem by Sammii
"

A short poem

"

For you are my favorite song, 

Your words are my melody, your body movements are my rhythm. 

What you do to me are like no other, 

You bite my lips until you get what you want. 

Suck names out of my thoughts so I will forget, forget all the others. 

So your name is the only one who runs through my mind, 

I am your instrument, you play me to your beat for you become the song.

Before we know it we made a whole album by midnight, 

And not just your normal album. 

This is filled with break up, hate, jealously, and that one song filled with love we thought we had. 

You are my musician. 

I am not a love poet and nor do I pose to be. 

But if I was to write a poem it would be about you. 

About the good times we had, the first time we went all the way. 

The times you made me feel like a successful artist. 

But once you get big, chart toppers and everything, you leave. 

Leave me with no credit, just the memories of the album we made in the middle of the night. 

The albums that tell a story of a clueless girl in love with a heartless man. 

The albums that have the reminders of how stupid a girl can be for her first love. 

For you, you were my musician and I was your instrument. 

You were my favorite song. 

But now I realized that what was once my favorite song has now been put on repeat to many times. 

© 2013 Sammii


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

"Suck names out of my thoughts so I will forget, forget all the others. So your name is the only one who runs through my mind, I am your instrument, you play me to your beat for you become the song." Wow this is amazing! You have a ton of talent. It keeps your attention, it makes you think, very few grammatical errors, I really cant wait to see more of your work! P.S. - Idk if your piece comes from personal experience but my ex- is a musician as well...s***s tough!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Sammii

10 Years Ago

Aww, thank you so much!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

173 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 2, 2013
Last Updated on June 2, 2013
Tags: song, short, poem, new

Author

Sammii
Sammii

Fresno, CA



About
Hello! My name is Sammii, I am 18 and a soon to be freshman at Fresno City. I plan to be a nurse and open a coffee shop/used book store later on in life. I live in California and as much as I love thi.. more..

Writing
Things Things

A Poem by Sammii