The Man Who Made Detroit

The Man Who Made Detroit

A Poem by Ua

He moves with his hammer so slow.

Telling the passers by that they do not want to change too fast and ruin the illusion that you have a self.

I mean; he moves with that hammer slow.

Like a painting you can come back to year after year seeing the same thing, but if you make the years into a flip book you will see a man stealing her heart.

Molasses spattered along the wall. He moves.

Deliberate steps, demolitions that seem to be accidents. Symphonic rubble fall, where the kids get to play once more.
And from his smoky ruins come the children of the ash meandering like rivers to carve a new terrain, poems tattooed across their chest with a Limerick newspeak that echos around any wall. We have come, we have come, we have come for your daughters and sons. Masks shake with anxietal fear like dowsing rods guiding the way through the night.

The drum beats slow. As the raindrops buildup on the window pain to be touched by another collectively running down cleaning the glass as they make it back to their earth home. To puddles, to ponds, to lakes, to oceans. This man with his hammer moves so slow.

© 2017 Ua


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

What a strong piece of writing.. you tell a story with such few words and it is layered with visuals.
I really enjoyed reading this Great Job Sir.

Sheer Terror

Posted 6 Years Ago


Ua

6 Years Ago

Thanks Sheer. I am rather new to this whole putting feelings to paper thing, so I cannot tell you h.. read more
TerryDarcy-Ryan   akaSheerTerror

6 Years Ago

You are welcome. I really liked this I read it to my son he enjoyed it as well. It is good keep wr.. read more
Ua

6 Years Ago

The best review will forever be sharing it with loved ones. Thank you💚

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

142 Views
1 Review
Added on November 5, 2017
Last Updated on November 5, 2017

Author

Ua
Ua

Detroit, MI



About
I write to stir my emotional pot, it is my process of getting to know myself and feeling more comfortable with my rider. I hope in turn this will get me closer to knowing some of you. Speak your tru.. more..

Writing
The Bruce The Bruce

A Poem by Ua


T for 2 T for 2

A Poem by Ua


Answers Answers

A Poem by Ua