That Guy Friend Rejection

That Guy Friend Rejection

A Poem by Sammie Sanchez
"

This is about how my friend asked me out and my reaction

"
This is for the friend who thought he loved me, and how I'm sorry

I don't love you, ... sorry
I didn't want your touch on my skin, nor your kiss on my lips.
You placed your heart in my hands and I said, "sorry but I don't want you "

.. Days later I would speak to my own heart in private asking as though I was yelling at a child who painted the walls in crayons
"What did you do?"

Because I Don't Like Him.
I didn't lead him on to make him think to make him like me, I mean yes his my friend. We're supposed to be you know nice, kind, funny, sweet, to get this knot in our stomachs when we hug, BUT I do not like him. I mean I do like him but not like like him because that's crazy how can I like that boy, I mean My friend , I mean him, I mean stop, hold on...Breathe.

But how can I breathe while he is so close to me and yet not close enough.

I remember now how this seed of romance, I mean friendship started. We were seated together on a bus. It was morning and I was tired. So I laid on your shoulder, I was tired so you were my pillow. I know I was hurting your arm so I moved it so that it was around me.

You were so warm I remember, but your hands were freezing. I placed them in my own so that they would would become warm. Now with me laying on you and hands hot with the warmth of each other's body, I nearly fell asleep on you.

I felt the special moment die as soon it was given life, by a random girl, one who I've talk to never and never did, who asked if we were dating.
I shot out of his warmth sitting straight up and declaring no before you realized I had even moved.

For this I'm sorry.

Maybe one day when I hugged you saying bye from that woodshop class we had together the last period of the day, you realized you never wanted to let me go again. Maybe you missed my sleepyhead on you. Missed the way your arm felt around me. Missed my warmth.

And maybe that's why you placed your heart in my hands. To let me warm your heart with my love. So warm I'll make you nearly fall asleep.

And for this I'm so sorry but I don't like you, my mind will say out loud.
But my heart has a different story.


© 2017 Sammie Sanchez


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

It's always an awkward situation when a friend crosses that line. I think you did a fine job portraying the difficulty of such a scenario. You find yourself in a tight spot that only seems to lead to disaster either way out. You can turn him down and ruin your friendship, or play along and likely break his heart in the end. Well spoken.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Sammie Sanchez

7 Years Ago

Thank you for the review

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

185 Views
2 Reviews
Added on January 4, 2017
Last Updated on January 8, 2017

Author

Sammie Sanchez
Sammie Sanchez

Waskom, TX



About
18 now. - as of the end of 2018 lol- Just message me. I haven't written anything in 2 years now but I wanna start writing again Add me on snapchat or instagram @samz2767 Any other questions/review.. more..

Writing